Should we consider selling Pogba?

Red For Ever

Sell. If we can
His reputation far exceeds the vast majority of his performances in a United shirt
On several occasions he gave the impression he would rather be elsewhere

dal

Pogba, Matic out
Grealish, DLP In

Its simple to me if grealish is available and it allows us to employ different combinations of play.

DLP and grealish would allow us to significantly combat the high press.

Regardless of talent they must have a strong mentality.

Fred, Mctominay, Bruno, Rashford, DeGea, Maguire all I feel have great mental strength all be it in different ways.

Grealish and an Alonso type would compound this.

I like Matic and I believe he has great mental strength too but we need someone with legs and better quality.

Solskjaer regardless of the naysayers is assembling a carefully, well thought out squad. More deadwood still to get rid of.

Next season we will be very very strong.

wolvored

Sell Pogba and Fred/McTom, bring in a proper DM. This frees 2 spaces up and allows us to play another AM, who we already have VDB.

Pablo18th

Pogba is clearly a world class player.

I'd maintain my point that any world class player would struggle for consistency within this team, especially when there's doesn't seen to be medium to long term planning.

Give it 6 months and the pressure will increase on Fernandes.
How's he clearly world class when he's not a guaranteed starter in a terrible team?

If you need others to make you play better you're not world class, you're perhaps a system player.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Pogba and Fernandes should be rotated throughout the campaign to keep both fresh and hungry.
Why would you take rotate these two? One makes a huge contribution to the team, the other doesn’t and apart from an initial spell of good form, Pogba hasn’t contributed for a long time.

You say rotate the two stars? One actually performs like a star, the other simply acts like one.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He was average pre-Covid too. Let’s not keep making excuses for him.

He was potentially World Class, won the WC then never kicked on. It’s sad but we have to move on. He’s not going to be the player we thought he’d end up being.
There is being average and there is being tired very quickly with not the same energy as before. Even for France, which is where he still played his better football, he now shows the same physical issues as at Utd.

Gabagoo

Why would you take rotate these two? One makes a huge contribution to the team, the other doesn’t and apart from an initial spell of good form, Pogba hasn’t contributed for a long time.

You say rotate the two stars? One actually performs like a star, the other simply acts like one.
Pogba is going through a bad run of form (I hate it when people say that because it just excuses a player being shite, but in this case I know Pogba is better than his recent performances).

When Pogba is on, he's a better player than Fernandes, who actually plays in 'moments': key passes, assists and goals. They're both very good players and they offer different skills.

If Pogba really doesn't want to be at United then we should sell. But, if his issue is just feeling unloved, then we need to make him valued. That doesn't mean play him in every match because as we've seen, we don't function well with two creative midfielders in the three, so we would have to rotate.

Let's not pretend that Fernandes is the best player in the world and that he's fantastic bin every match. He's been utter crap in a lot of matches for us - which is absolutely forgivable given what he brings to the team overall.

KwokSF

Always sell assets when at high prices. Not when they are slumping and downwards going. He still has some use to the team. Not a good time to sell

Matthew84!

I'd sell or swap him in jan, he doesn't look happy, as it is he isn't bringing enough to the team, bring in someone who can bring something different to the team, ronaldo swap or buy RW, CM

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
It would be amazing if we could do a deal with Juventus to swap Pogba with De Ligt and Ronaldo. Maybe we throw in some cash as well. Think our team would be better for it.

Rashford-------Martial---------Ronaldo
---------------------Bruno------------------------
-------------Fred-------------McT--------------
Telles----Maguire---De Ligt-----AWB
----------------------DDG------------------------

Telles crossing it for Ronaldo would be a joy to watch. Bruno linking up with his international teammate. And if Tuanzebe can step up, we might have a solid center back partnership for the next 10 years in Axel and De Ligt.

Baneofthegame

It would be amazing if we could do a deal with Juventus to swap Pogba with De Ligt and Ronaldo. Maybe we throw in some cash as well. Think our team would be better for it.

Telles crossing it for Ronaldo would be a joy to watch. Bruno linking up with his international teammate. And if Tuanzebe can step up, we might have a solid center back partnership for the next 10 years in Axel and De Ligt.
I was thinking this exact thing, no way Juventus give up de ligt.

Red4Life_#7

Do you think Pogba would be as effective if we swapped him with Bruno? Gave him the necessary support behind him that he needs? No, is the answer. He hasn't been able to do it consistently since we signed him. Someone has come in and is doing a better job than him He's done here, whether you like it or not.
Bruno is a number 10 who can also play as a number 8. He is more displined than Pogba. But Pogba is world class on his day and we need to find a way to incorporate them all. It worked with Matic behind Pogba and Bruno for a few games last season, then managers worked out how to play against that. Our coaches and manager need to work out a system as we have a very talented midfield that should be doing more than what they are.

Our defence isn't good enough, so need 2 def mids to protect them.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I'm not normally one for polls, but I'd be half interested to see how many Caf members would be fine with selling him in January.

Not:

a) get him the feck out no matter the consequences

b) feck no, he's the only world class player we have

But (say):

a) I wouldn't cry into my beer if he was sold

b) we should keep him (for whatever reason)

My guess would be that the majority on here wouldn't cry into their beer (or tea, or corn flakes).

Strelok

Sell him or not, please stop with the world class stuff. It's an insult to other real world class players.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Bruno is a number 10 who can also play as a number 8. He is more displined than Pogba. But Pogba is world class on his day and we need to find a way to incorporate them all. It worked with Matic behind Pogba and Bruno for a few games last season, then managers worked out how to play against that. Our coaches and manager need to work out a system as we have a very talented midfield that should be doing more than what they are.

Our defence isn't good enough, so need 2 def mids to protect them.
No we don't. We have to put the team first, and Pogba doesn't make it to first XI in any scenario. That's why we definitely need to consider selling him.

Amad7

Supports
united and france
I feel for the guy.he came here with so much swagger,confidence and abilities but unfortunately we're more of a career killer this days. I didn't watch much of him at juve but I loved him when he came here,was my best player to watch between2015-2018 but unfortunately,he's struggling atm. should have stayed at juventus.

He has regressed so much.there's literally no new tricks in his locker anymore, he's been playing on instinct since he's been here.hope thing's starts going his way, everyone needs a bit of luck every now and then, he need luck and grace to save his career at the moment.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I feel for the guy.he came here with so much swagger,confidence and abilities but unfortunately we're more of a career killer this days. I didn't watch much of him at juve but I loved him when he came here,was my best player to watch between2015-2018 but unfortunately,he's struggling atm. should have stayed at juventus.

He has regressed so much.there's literally no new tricks in his locker anymore, he's been playing on instinct since he's been here.hope thing's starts going his way, everyone needs a bit of luck every now and then, he need luck and grace to save his career at the moment.
After Bruno’s performance, it should be clear enough the problem of Pogba is not us but the player himself.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
After Bruno’s performance, it should be clear enough the problem of Pogba is not us but the player himself.
This. We have good players.

And we have tried to accomodate Pogba in every position in the midfield and he still flatters to deceive.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Gone.

If Ole plays him after that it's a disgrace.
True and it is questioning Ole's authority as well. Ole will lose other players then unless he does something about it.

I was reading Fergusons book recently and he said that if he let Keane's outburst slide, the player would not respect his authority.

Cathy Ferguson

There are very few top players (let us not go there...) for sale in January which we can use to our advantage. Pogba is not world class but he has a lot to offer so let us sell the guy in January. We have Donny and use the money and some more for Håland, Sancho or Graelish.

3KDré

Can you translate that please?
google translate says: 'Precision for MU supporters. At no time does he denigrate his club, but simply observes that he is in difficulty and needs to regain consistency in his performance.'

Romano is an attention whore. I expected better from him.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Pogba, Matic out
Grealish, DLP In

Its simple to me if grealish is available and it allows us to employ different combinations of play.

DLP and grealish would allow us to significantly combat the high press.

Regardless of talent they must have a strong mentality.

Fred, Mctominay, Bruno, Rashford, DeGea, Maguire all I feel have great mental strength all be it in different ways.

Grealish and an Alonso type would compound this.

I like Matic and I believe he has great mental strength too but we need someone with legs and better quality.

Solskjaer regardless of the naysayers is assembling a carefully, well thought out squad. More deadwood still to get rid of.

Next season we will be very very strong.
I believe Grealish is a box to box, engine man (I don't follow Aston Villa). I think VDB also had that role at Ajax, so I wouldn't bother with Grealish. We have plenty of midfield options right now.
I'd rather spend money on a top CB who can play alongside Lindelof or Maguire.
As for DLP - is that an advanced sex position taken from page 38 of the kamasutra?

And regarding us being very very strong next season - we are currently in 14th place, I think. I realise that some fans like to believe that they have "the most beautiful wife, at home", but we are pretty crap right now and if we are to be very very strong next season, we'll need to make improvements, the likes of what we have not seen since Leicester raised their game to win the league title a few years back.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

I like the confidence. But there's no "maybe" in that deal... it'd be a chunk of cash.

Pogba for Ronaldo I'd take though. Fills the right wing hole, knows the club, make a few bob on merchandise, crosses and an aerial threat.

Grealish would be great too but then we're back to the "we need to talk about Donny" conundrum.

Last edited:

united for life

Keep this clown benched for the rest of the season.
i’d rather say sell this clown in january! Bench him now and sell him in january! Let him have all the fecking fresh air he wants away from the club!! Probably there will also be more fresh air once this clown leaves! He’s not even a world class player. He’s a fraud. What has he done since be joined? Danced? Took selfies? Changed hair cuts? We’ve been trying to find excuses for him for 5 years. He isn’t playing in his best position, we need to buy a player to help unleash him, we need to change the formation to play him in the position he wants! Well guess what, if he’s a good player then probably he would’ve adapted

look at kante for example, he plays a different role for chelsea than the national team. He doesn’t complain, he delivers.

this clown needs to go. He thinks a comment like this would put pressure on Ole to play him. It shouldn’t. It should be something that moves him closer to the door. Kick him out. He’s been flirting with madrid for years and for some reason we, the fans, have let it go. He is playing at the biggest club in the world. You either respect that or feck off!!

saying that the players are not together is something that is not acceptable! Even if that is true (which is not), you don’t say this in public! What a professional!! The players themselves should push him off the training ground when he’s back to manchester.

what a joke of a player he is!! We’ve had enough