Should we consider selling Pogba?

piesel

Juve is fond in a come back, why not tempt them with ax exchange, Pogba for De Ligt and Arthur? A much needed CB and a quality CDM/CM.
Honestly i think no one in his own sane mind would do that: De Ligt is 21, Arthur 24, Paul is older and he seems more interested in his own image than in actually playing football.

Last edited:

GoldanoGraham

Whatever he has or hasn’t said lately the truth is that he has been terrible when he has played this season.....can’t believe the narrative that he is being victimised blah de blah - he hasn’t been selected lately as he cannot be trusted to deliver a performance (let alone give away penalties or the like) - the reality is now that we don’t need him and it would be best that he moves on.....I’m sure that the agent will be piping up soon as well - the drive to get a move away in Jan - this will run and run

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I’ve never heard of a player in the history of football have more excuses made for them for why they’re not playing well over a multi year period than this guy.

We’ve played him as the most advanced midfielder, we’ve played him to the left of a 3, we’ve played him with more quality around him. Any more excuses?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He’s been a hinderance for over a year now. Bit of skill against Spurs, pass to rashford against psg and a goal against Villa and I think that’s it. Surely even he can see he’s been terrible yet He’s constantly making it sound like it’s a squad morale issue when everybody else is just working way harder than him and keeping their mouths shut.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Juve is fond in a come back, why not tempt them with ax exchange, Pogba for De Ligt and Arthur? A much needed CB and a quality CDM/CM.
We’d be robbing them absolutely blind. 28 year old with a suspect injury & consistency record for 2 of the top u25 players in world football. No way they do that.

united for life

I’ve never heard of a player in the history of football have more excuses made for them for why they’re not playing well over a multi year period than this guy.

We’ve played him as the most advanced midfielder, we’ve played him to the left of a 3, we’ve played him with more quality around him. Any more excuses?
it is said that he needs someone to play along side him to unlock him:lol:

Plymouth Red

Offer a swap for Raphael Varane. Removes what has become a destructive a thorn in our club’s side, opens up an opportunity to reshuffle the midfield and give properly hungry players in our squad a chance to show what they are made of and brings in much-needed cover in defence.

wolvored

Pogba looks good when he has Pirlo and Kante next to him. 2 WC deep lying midfielders/DM whatever you want to call them. We havent got that. In fact we have to play 2 average players to play 1 role. We cant fit Pogba in our midfield without sacrificing our best player.
Saying that we have to accept a £30-40 mill transfer, or let him run down his contract. I hope to christ that Deadwood doesnt offer him another contract to 'protect the asset', although I think Pogba is set to leave as well.

AFC NimbleThumb

Roll on next season when in the second half away to Newcastle the night McFred axis are masterminding the United midfield to a 1-1 draw so we look to the bench & voila; no Pogba to save our asses.

Pogba certainly isn’t the answer but this thread should be about selling a darn site more than him.

We’re shite - get used to it & stop looking for a sole player to blame.

TonyTheYank

Do people really expect a swap deal? Seems very rare. If be happy if we got 30mil. Him walking on a free seems most likely. Glazers will likely be rightfully furious letting a 90mil asset walk for free. It's their own doing. Still embarrassing all around.

Borys

Statistics Wizard

Plymouth Red

Do people really expect a swap deal? Seems very rare. If be happy if we got 30mil. Him walking on a free seems most likely. Glazers will likely be rightfully furious letting a 90mil asset walk for free. It's their own doing. Still embarrassing all around.
I agree that swap deals are rare but we are now in exceptional times when clubs which were previously (supposedly) well-funded are now in dire financial situations. If they cannot afford to buy and others can’t afford to take players off their hand, maybe swapping is a pragmatic solution to refreshing squads or moving on individuals?

pascell

COVID really fecked everything up. Imagine Pogba to Juve giving us the funds to get Sancho.
If covid hadnt struck, we'd have signed both Grealish and Sancho imo. Even just selling Pogba we'd have replaced him with Grealish. We didn't get Sancho because it was too much of an outlay in such uncertain times.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I see the the Class of '92 are shitting on him now.

He's been basically being hounded out of the club at this point.
I don’t think Pogba needs encouragement or to be ‘hounded out’ by anyone. I’d imagine he’d leave in the morning to Juventus or Madrid if it was possible for him.
So don’t see any logic for co92 to get all uppity.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Maybe they're trying to dissuade Woodward from renewing his contract?

The reports that were intending to offer new terms are worrying.
Oh. I can’t see it happening. He’s lost his marketing juice amongst a lot of the fan base and isn’t young enough to be a hipster anymore either so it doesn’t make much commercial sense over another blockbuster 5 year contract. I don’t it would be celebrated at all by the fans, and may even give rise to mass protests.

Assuming OGS is around a few more years I also doubt Ole wants him as part his longer term plan, especially when Pog heart is elsewhere.

We really messed by not getting Grealish and signing VDB instead. Trying to sign Grealish now may require breaking British transfer record again, even in COVID-19 football economy. But selling Pogba will certainly help that fund that fee and wage.

tenpoless

The latest excuse is that our midfielders are not good enough to support him. Funny since Fred & Scott have performed better than him. So who is carrying who here and who is actually the worse midfielder? only him is being given such a privilige that others have to cover his weaknesses instead of him working on them and become a better midfielder not midfield striker.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Oh. I can’t see it happening. He’s lost his marketing juice amongst a lot of the fan base and isn’t young enough to be a hipster anymore either so it doesn’t make much commercial sense over another blockbuster 5 year contract. I don’t it would be celebrated at all by the fans, and may even give rise to mass protests.

Assuming OGS is around a few more years I also doubt Ole wants him as part his longer term plan, especially when Pog heart is elsewhere.

We really messed by not getting Grealish and signing VDB instead. Trying to sign Grealish now may require breaking British transfer record again, even in COVID-19 football economy. But selling Pogba will certainly help that fund that fee and wage.
5 years probably not, but I don't think he's lost his marketing juice. He's as big as ever IMO, regardless of performances level.

One backheel in a game (like in last France game) and he's back trending on Twitter, kids don't pay attention to how he's doing overall.

UbicaMekogSrca

Supports
FK Sloboda
Can anybody enlighten me on why Pogba drives a van to training?

So does Wan Bissaka and I don't understand.

It is probably for his possy(leaches).Surround your self with wrong people and you will go broke in few yeras.Just look at some ex players.

SplitzMagic

Can anybody enlighten me on why Pogba drives a van to training?

So does Wan Bissaka and I don't understand.

That actually looks more like Bailly.

Really don't think Pogba has it in him to be seen driving a van whereas Bailly definitely does :lol:

redmanx

Reports today claim he wants to leave on a free at the end of next season, he says by doing so he will "have the pick of the clubs" This shows Pogbas priorities, and its not playing football. Personally I hope he goes sooner, we'll be well rid of him.

redmanx

The latest excuse is that our midfielders are not good enough to support him. Funny since Fred & Scott have performed better than him. So who is carrying who here and who is actually the worse midfielder? only him is being given such a privilige that others have to cover his weaknesses instead of him working on them and become a better midfielder not midfield striker.
Maybe Premier League clubs use the wrong type of grass, or the balls too round or not round enough, its too soft, too hard.....

cyberman

Makes a change from his camp shitting on us at any given opportunity as he stays silent in the background

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Reports today claim he wants to leave on a free at the end of next season, he says by doing so he will "have the pick of the clubs" This shows Pogbas priorities, and its not playing football. Personally I hope he goes sooner, we'll be well rid of him.
He’ll go to Paris & smash it in a shit league but still do nothing in the CL & his fanboys will come out twerking for him.

I can already see it - “See, I told you Pogba is world class, did you see that goal against Lorient? Or that assist against Metz? United were the problem all along”

crossy1686

career ending

I think it’s most likely because they’ve got wind from someone at the club he’s not going to sign an extension and walk away for nothing if we can’t find a buyer this summer.

They don’t irrationally target our own players for fun

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Is he out or squad today?

Anyway, I see there is a lot of gossip about his future. I think it would be a good time for him to make a direct comment on that, regardless of what is the true story. I don't think this creates good atmosphere around the club.

davidmichael

I think at this point it’s worth selling cut price for say £50-£60 million just so we can reinvest it in Camavinga who’s ceiling is higher or as high as peak Pogba but actually seems more disciplined in his role already at such a young age, Pogba is more of a hindrance and distraction now.