Should we consider selling Pogba?

mancave bear

Yes, its time to let Pogba go.
It is the best for him and the best for us. Having a player at the team, who does not seem to want to be here, is not a good idea.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
If anyone was willing to pay £50m in January, whether it's a loan with obligation to buy or not, we should snap their hands off.

PSG probably our only hope. He'd fit in well there. He'd look world class in most games playing against vastly inferior sides.
I would absolutely take 50m from any clubs who wish to buy Pogba.

Red14Devil9

I still hope that Pogba is going to turn it around, but deep down inside I think that we should sell him. He just doesn't seem to have the consistency to perform well on regular basis. He also seems to think that he is a star without really proving it.

Matt851

I would absolutely take 50m from any clubs who wish to buy Pogba.
Unfortunately i think its madness to think amy club would pay £50m for pogba now woth the size of his salary demands. Think we would struggle to get 30m

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I know everyone likes to point at Sanchez and Di Maria as being our worst signings ever but when you consider the transfer fee, plus agent fees and then his massive salary, we’re looking at an outlay of close to £200 million. Then take into account the massive expectations when he signed and hopes he’d be a saviour with a return of two trophies, it’s been a disaster. Sell and get rid of this clown, he’s disgraced the shirt long enough.
I don't think it's been a disaster. He's been quite decent to good in previous seasons (when not injured). He contributed positively most of the time, just not on the level we all hoped. I believe the club capitalized on his marketing value as well, definitely bigger star than Di Maria and Sanchez. Those two are in a different category for me.

But I get why the optics have changed as it's been disaster of a season so far for Pogba.

I think this is an excellent video highlighting the issue of him at the club. Both a mix of a lack of tactical accommodation on Solskjaer's behalf and also Pogba being one dimensional with his defensive capabilities making it hard to find balance.
Good video, sums him up imo. I believe we'll be able to find buyers, he's just not right for current United and EPL in general.

That said, this will most likely be a low money transfer. We should definitely be looking for a swap.

Last edited:

Red For Ever

I never wanted him back
But when he came, I expected him to be close to the player everyone said he was
Some great moments, but nowhere near enough
The behavior of him and his agent a while ago told us all we need to know about his attitude.
He is no longer in a position to be like that now.

Happy to see him go, clearly we will not get our money back
For me his time at United has been a failure, excuses like in the wrong formation, the wrong position do not cut it for me.
At last, we have players that make us a better team without him in it.

Whatever you think of Jose, he could see what he had in Pogba, but SAF could have told him that anyway.

I hope he goes sooner rather than later, and thanks for a few good memories here and there,

Fernandes has provided a lot more in less than 12 months than Pogba has since he joined us in 2016

Strelok

For example we'll buy Griezmann for £100m and they agree on a one year loan + £100m for Pogba.
Yesterday I was joking with a Barca mate about this.

He told me we could buy Griezmann for £80m. And we can keep the £20m just for keeping Pogba away from them...

Red For Ever

Yesterday I was joking with a Barca mate about this.

He told me we could buy Griezmann for £80m. And we can keep the £20m just for keeping Pogba away from them...

That sums up Pogba completely, too long with a poor attitude living off an outdated reputation.

Red For Ever

Transfer Market ( for what its worth )

Has Pogba valued at 72 million

The exact same amount as Bruno Fernandes

Matt851

For me the most likely situation is that we ask for more money than anyone is willing to pay in the summer because ed is scared of losing face. Then pogba signs a pre contract agreement with someone on jan. I think pogba will also be aware this might be his best chance of joining real, which seems to be where he wants to go

hungrywing

Transfer Market ( for what its worth )

Has Pogba valued at 72 million

The exact same amount as Bruno Fernandes
Pogba has more than ten times the social media followers.

And that's before you factor in that he's the better footballer by a mile.

It's going to be tough, talking up Pogba on the forum to entice PSG and Real into thinking he's worth it while also having to worry about Woodlouse reading 'the fans' opinion' and thinking 'oh, the fans love him!' and re-signing him to a new deal.

Red For Ever

For me the most likely situation is that we ask for more money than anyone is willing to pay in the summer because ed is scared of losing face. Then pogba signs a pre contract agreement with someone on jan. I think pogba will also be aware this might be his best chance of joining real, which seems to be where he wants to go

But based on most of the last four years, do you think Madrid really wants him, good PR for them to appear to chase him when his stock was sky-high, but the reality of the last 4 years makes it doubtful.
A small chance he might re-emerge as the player everyone thought he was 4 years ago, but a very big chance he will be just the same as most of his time at United, and even in a French shirt, things are not going that well.

White Fury

So Fraudba wants to join Real Madrid.
Hopefully Zidane still has a hard-on for Pogba and convinces Perez to buy him, even if its just around 50 mil we should fecking accept. But people at the helm of Real Madrid are not idiots ( like ours ) and considering Pogba's form and post-covid situation in the transfer market the chances of that happening are close to zero.

Our best bet is if we can con PSG into buying him for 60 - 70 mil. Thats the perfect place for him, living in Paris, french people like him ( I think ? ), playing for the best team in a farmers league, he'll look world class there with Neymar and Mbappe.

ghagua

I hope too but it's been quite a while since their superstar signings. The signings they've made in recent windows makes it look like they are no longer the mega rich club we know them for
I think they will make an exception and be tempted to sign Pogba. If not PSG, I can't see any other team so much for him. Juve is making all the noises, but there is no way they will pay what we paid for Pogba. Real Madrid have bigger fish to fry instead of paying 80+ million for him.

Devil81

Not up with news but not in the squad again, still injured?
I think it's a front and he's been taken out of the squad for that interview whilst on International duty.

I'd hope it was that actually, he's been a disgrace this season and the team play far better without him in the eleven.

Suvvernmanc

Looking at the energy that our current group have, Pogba doesn't have a place in the current group and in my opinion he is probably the last choice midfielder even behind Matic, albeit they play a different role. He tends to suit a game where the opposition sit back where he has more time on the ball to pick his passes and influence the game. The problem with that is more teams in the PL press high now. Southampton, Palace, Villa, Leeds and Brighton for example all press well. It is not hard to see that Pogba might be a victim of the PL evolving and him just not having the ability to play in this league.

He is so slow in possession, dilly dallying on the ball and looks like his 1st instinct is to shield the ball from the opposition or turn in to danger and inevitably lose the ball.

On his day he is brilliant but not enough to say he warrants game time over our other midfielders. If he can be sold for any amount i would be happy. I hope he doesn't run his contract down and leave for free but if he leaves, oh well, no real loss in my opinion.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Looking at the energy that our current group have, Pogba doesn't have a place in the current group and in my opinion he is probably the last choice midfielder even behind Matic, albeit they play a different role. He tends to suit a game where the opposition sit back where he has more time on the ball to pick his passes and influence the game. The problem with that is more teams in the PL press high now. Southampton, Palace, Villa, Leeds and Brighton for example all press well. It is not hard to see that Pogba might be a victim of the PL evolving and him just not having the ability to play in this league.

He is so slow in possession, dilly dallying on the ball and looks like his 1st instinct is to shield the ball from the opposition or turn in to danger and inevitably lose the ball.

On his day he is brilliant but not enough to say he warrants game time over our other midfielders. If he can be sold for any amount i would be happy. I hope he doesn't run his contract down and leave for free but if he leaves, oh well, no real loss in my opinion.
Since you bring up his lack of adaptation to the PL, what do you think of his performance in the CL matches? Good enough to keep him in that role?

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Looking at the energy that our current group have, Pogba doesn't have a place in the current group and in my opinion he is probably the last choice midfielder even behind Matic,
Absolutely. What a lightbulb moment for the team to realise not only do we not rely on him, we’re actually better without him.

Pogba has never been a world class player, not even at Juventus, if you can look objectively. We were buying potential at that point, not a finished player.

he will never be world class.

however, that doesn’t mean he can’t be a very good player for us. I’ve always been on the side of the fence that gives him a chance, but he’s running out of them.

he has until the end of the season. This season and last have been disrupted by injuries and illness, so he deserves the next 6 months. I honestly don’t know how he will approach it, and how he will perform?

he still has my support, but I don’t have the same expectations as some, and don’t make excuses for him like his ‘fanboys’.

M Bison

Supports
York City
I think it's a front and he's been taken out of the squad for that interview whilst on International duty.

I'd hope it was that actually, he's been a disgrace this season and the team play far better without him in the eleven.
Agree with your post.

Suvvernmanc

Since you bring up his lack of adaptation to the PL, what do you think of his performance in the CL matches? Good enough to keep him in that role?
Even in the CL and EL he was inconsistent. His role should be a creative #8. Not a holding midfielder, not a #10. He isnt good enough to play the box to box role as he doesn't work hard enough. I really dont see him in any role for us going forward. Sell him asap I say.

Suvvernmanc

Absolutely. What a lightbulb moment for the team to realise not only do we not rely on him, we’re actually better without him.
I think he's done here. We activated his extra year clause in the contract to get us a possible fee for him. If we didn't he would be able to sign a pre contract with a European club this January! Any fee would be good at this stage. We will be better off whatever happens.

Edit: in fact.. donny is the player we hoped Pogba could have been for us.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Pogba has never been a world class player, not even at Juventus, if you can look objectively. We were buying potential at that point, not a finished player.

he will never be world class.

however, that doesn’t mean he can’t be a very good player for us. I’ve always been on the side of the fence that gives him a chance, but he’s running out of them.

he has until the end of the season. This season and last have been disrupted by injuries and illness, so he deserves the next 6 months. I honestly don’t know how he will approach it, and how he will perform?

he still has my support, but I don’t have the same expectations as some, and don’t make excuses for him like his ‘fanboys’.
Thing is I’m very nervous if he plays. He is defensively unreliable and so a liability. Right now no 5 out of 5 of the senior midfielders at the club.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Many of us thought that in the post Bruno pre lockdown phase of games when we did brilliantly without him. That insight is simply being played out to irrefutable evidence now.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's definitely time to sell. The only question is whether it's in Jan or the summer.
Probably safer in the summer with the mad schedule. We'd have to put Pogba on an insane contract to keep him otherwise, which we need to learn our lesson from.

Van de Beek was clearly brought in with the expectation that Pogba is likely to go fairly soon in the summer.

dev1l

It's definitely time to sell. The only question is whether it's in Jan or the summer.
Probably safer in the summer with the mad schedule. We'd have to put Pogba on an insane contract to keep him otherwise, which we need to learn our lesson from.

Van de Beek was clearly brought in with the expectation that Pogba is likely to go fairly soon in the summer.
Correct. VdB was bought as an alternative to Pogba - whose proposed move to Juve collapsed due to financial issues at Juve

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I’d accept a £80M bid for him in a heartbeat. Sadly, nobody will pay that sum for him. May be Conte will help?
From what I watch Inter this season they need him. They lack of creativity midfielder since Eriksen has been flop and signing him could lead them Serie A title. And they have the right midfielders to play behind him as well, Brozovic, Gagliardini & Barella.

ThinkTank@Cafe

From what I watch Inter this season they need him. They lack of creativity midfielder since Eriksen has been flop and signing him could lead them Serie A title. And they have the right midfielders to play behind him as well, Brozovic, Gagliardini & Barella.
I wasn’t serious but you have made a lot of good points. Let’s pray Inter board will give it a thought :D

Robertd0803

Its got to the point where hes not in the matchday squad and its like meh whatever, not like we will miss him anyway.

RuudRuud

Supports
Ajax
Sell him. There is no need for Instagram players in this United squad. You can finally see some good mentality in this team, and I think Olé has been buying players with the right mindset, especially DVB. He might not be as good as Pogba technically but he's got more than enough heart to make up for it and he's always consistent. I was very annoyed by Rashford his attitude, it seems very off and he's not putting in 100%, that's for sure. I would sell him too if you have a replacement. I hope this United team keeps improving, and I hope United will buy players with the right mental attitude and sells the ones who don't(Pogba).

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I think vdB will be the final nail in his coffin here.

He's the last remnant of the godawful post-SAF transfer strategy before Ole came in.

Get rid.

united for life

Totally agree. It’s been such a negative affair from pretty much start to finish. The team is just better when he’s not in it. Yes, he can be quality but crikey he’s high maintenance and shown us so little respect either through his actions, his words or his silence.

Like many, I was very excited on his transfer but I definitely fell on the side of Jose with his troubles with Pogba and there’s been nothing to swing the balance back ever since. Terrible team player.
we’ve been trying to find excuses for him for some time now. I also was excited when he rejoined us. But haven’t seen enough from him. This year, given the current form of our midfielders, I don’t see where he would for in. He is not an automatic name on the team sheet for sure.

he has also shown little respect to the club, players and fans several times when he flirted with Madrid.

we all wanted him to succeed at united but unfortunately he wasn’t able to meet expectations.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
His ego is so inflated he would not dream of moving to Inter. He threw mourinho under the bus and Conte plays like Mourinho.

I would love it if he goes but i doubt Inter will be the destination.