Should we go all in for Mbappe in the summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirk buttercup

He Dreams of Madrid so no chance. I suspect we won't get Haaland either tbh. Hopefully Mason keeps progressing (I really think he will) and we won't need either and can concentrate on Midfield next summer .

MadMike

I think this is important. Much about us that excites people is on paper. Until we actually start going far in the CL and challenge for the league , it's pointless to say we are better than so and so,
It's completely nuts mate. We've been appalling in the CL for years, only last year we got knocked out in the group stages. Meanwhile Real made the semis and only lost to the champions. We also haven't managed a single title challenge in the league since 2013, while Real Madrid won the title in 2020 and fought for it down to the last game last season (only lost it by 2 points).

Yet somehow because we made 3 good transfers in the summer, we're the now the bees knees Real Madrid are dogshit and no one should choose them over us. Delusion of the highest order.

OleBoiii

I'm pretty sure that his mind is set on Real. He supposedly just turned down 45 million per year from PSG.

Devil may care

He'll either go to Real Madrid or be intimidated into signing a new contract with PSG.

Oranges038

This Madrid is nearly as bad as 2005-2010 Madrid, no idea why he'd want to go there.

At the very least, I'd be asking him how much it would take, and then see if it was worth it.

RUCK4444

Yeah why not? We can afford massive wages and big signing on fees as much as any club, at the least it would make Madrid cough up more than they would if other clubs don't go in for him.

Highly unlikely to go anywhere other than Madrid but if you don't put your name in the hat you'll never know.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He wants Madrid and Madrid alone. I’d imagine we’ve barked up this tree already.

LInkash

Isn't his love for Madrid largely because of Ronaldo?

We have the real deal here and he'd be following in his heroes footsteps too. He would leave to Madrid eventually but Haaland wouldn't be here for a long time either.

If we don't get Haaland, we should go for Mbappe for sure.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Sometimes I wonder if you create threads based on every thought that enters your head.

RoyH1

He's obsessed with going to Madrid. Don't want a player that sees us as a stepping stone club

LoneStar

The guy reportedly rejected 45m/year from PSG to go play for Real Madrid next season. There is zero chance he is coming to United. Unless Madrid have a catastrophic season, he's not going to change his mind.

LoneStar

We are better then Madrid though. His hero plays for us. Why wouldn’t he want to join?
In what world are we better than Madrid? Seriously, unless you mean on social media or something. They are as much a historic club as us and our silverware in the last decade is not even close.

His hero left us to play for Madrid at a time when we were the best team in the world. Like it or not, they definitely have a bigger pull of talent compared to every other club.

Abraxas

I don't think you can not at least make an enquiry. Free isn't exactly free considering the vast agent fees, wages, media rights etc - but it's still undoubtedly a cheaper package than it ordinarily would be. Well, ordinarily you wouldn't be able to persuade PSG.

I think the fact he can play numerous positions and looks a natural fit with the likes of Sancho makes it interesting.

Its always going to depend on budgets and priorities, we are not a bottomless pit. I'd only get involved if it's clear we have the budget to target our problem positions too.

croadyman

Yeah we should IF our name was City/Chelsea/PSG but we have higher priorities than a wide forward next summer

SirScholes

Nope, I don’t think he is what we are missing at all, sign him and continue to not win the league or use the money to complete the team and actually win silverware

Ace

No more wide forwards, give us the #9 we’ve been dreaming about in Haaland

Dr. StrangeHate

If Real Madrid go bankrupt and cease to exist, Mbappe would still go to Madrid and play in an empty bernabeu with Camavinga than come to us.

stepic

Why not? He can play centre, right, left, Ronaldo is old, Martial is on borrowed time. feck it get him in. Pogba & Cavani leaving will leave spaces on LW & CF. City have won titles because of their obscene squad depth. Lets have some of that. Who cares if Rashford & Sancho aren’t starting every game?
You don’t need to convince us of his quality, that’s not the issue

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
If we can’t get Camavinga I doubt we can get Mbappe. Real will pay you a million a week if you hit the heights. We are still paying less than half that. Plus all the other culture/standard of living/chance of success stuff. The weird thing about Mbappe is Liverpool seemed to think they could get him at one stage?

Polar

No no no! Why? We have Ronaldo, Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho.

choccy77

No way United go for Mbappe and Haaland.

It's reported Chelsea went for Haaland this summer and was told his wage demands are £800k per week

RC89

Don't think there's any chance of us getting Mbappe, we should save ourselves the inevitable embarrassment and stay out of this one.

Haaland on the other hand... It's suddenly become quite an interesting dilemma now we have Ronaldo.

Chief123

I can hear a muppet train arriving at the station. Get ready folks. We might have a busy summer of muppeteering! :drool:

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Finally a footballing person as our director of football. Hope we sign him.

colombianmancunian

If we get CL Football and evolve as a team, with what we can pay him, it’s possible. Specially since I think he would want to measure himself against Halaand on a league basis.

But Madrid seems as his most likely destination.

Status
Not open for further replies.