Should we go all in for Mbappe in the summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Son

Only way we sign Mbappe is if Dubai takes us over. Never happening and even if we did he’s gonna cause one almighty headache with his attitude at times.

Would probably pass on him considering the money needed and obvious discipline issues. His pace will only last until his mate 20’s PSG are seeing the best of him now while he’s more physical than ever.

TheRedHearted

I can hear a muppet train arriving at the station. Get ready folks. We might have a busy summer of muppeteering! :drool:

Opening of the window
“Manchester United are 90% sure they will be approaching a deal that will be considering the option to open conversations with Kylian Mbappe. Wages, a million pound per… day.”

Eli Zee

All in? As in ignore other options / sell Bruno and/or sancho to afford Mbappe? Probably not..

Should we try to buy Mbappe? Probably.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
I think Perez’s ego has been hurt … Many Madrid fans seem to have been put off by his behavior this summer … You could get him in 2 years.

wangyu

Don’t delude yourselves, he will never ever pick utd, players of that calibre have never done so in the past either, especially not foreigners.

TheLord

We shouldn't waste effort and energy in transfer targets that are not possible. That would be such a ridiculous waste of time.

Better focus on attainable targets.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Do not want, his ego is something not required at our team. Great player but for the wages and fee that it will take Id rather build a new stadium.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Massive ego, lazy bastard, selfish, unprecedented wages. What’s not to like?

Pickle85

No way we have any chance. Plus he comes across as a complete twat.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Why would Mbappe come to Manchester United?
United are one of the biggest clubs in the world, they have lots of money, interesting youngish players and probably one of the best manager around.

Irrational.

With his summer antics and behaviour this season, I think he’s put a lot of suitors off. I think he’s also harmed his career and potential. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him become Neymar Mk II, which is still pretty damn good, but will leave a lot of people thinking “what if?”

He has the greater natural talent, but Haaland will end up the better player with a superior trophy cabinet on an individual and club level.

JPRouve

Scout
With his summer antics and behaviour this season, I think he’s put a lot of suitors off. I think he’s also harmed his career and potential. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him become Neymar Mk II, which is still pretty damn good, but will leave a lot of people thinking “what if?”
There is nothing that he has done recently that he hasn't done since 2016-2017. There is zero reason for anyone to be put off today and not 12, 24, 36 or 48 months ago.

JPRouve

Scout
The other factors are important though. There’s a reason everyone laughs at PSG for collecting these characters.
What type of characters are being collected? What you described barely applies to Mbappé and applies to no one else.

norm87cro

His wage demand would be huge and I dont see him scoring shit loads in the PL like Haaland. Prehaps + 20. We can compensate that with Sancho plus Rashford prehaps even more than that

2 man midfield

What type of characters are being collected? What you described barely applies to Mbappé and applies to no one else.
Neymar, Mbappe, Messi, Di Maria until a few weeks ago. They love a greedy superstar at the expense of the team. There’s a reason Fergie prioritised grafters over names, and why he was able to get a team playing greater than the sum of its parts. PSG have some fantastic individuals, and they’ll get you past Guingamp, but you need more to win the champions league.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I am usually up for bringing the best players but this guy's ego is out of control. I wanted (and still do) Rashford sold for attitude reasons and thinking he's some Rooney v2, so I need to stay consistent on this.

And he won't come over here anyway and why would he when he can go to Madrid (Perez would swallow his ego, you better believe it)

JPRouve

Scout
Neymar, Mbappe, Messi, Di Maria until a few weeks ago. They love a greedy superstar at the expense of the team. There’s a reason Fergie prioritised grafters over names, and why he was able to get a team playing greater than the sum of its parts. PSG have some fantastic individuals, and they’ll get you past Guingamp, but you need more to win the champions league.
Neymar and Di Maria are a lot of things but lazy or selfish isn't one of them, nor is Mbappé though Mbappé's defensive awareness is abysmal and has always been, when he realizes his mistakes he makes normal effort. No one sensible has ever laughed at Messi, he is arguably the best player ever and all top players have big egos but then Di Maria isn't really a big ego player.

As for your Guingamp vs CL point, three of these players won the Champions league and all of them reached the final. They all know what it takes and have all been instrumental in their team's ability to reach that level which is more than pretty much all the players that some people are hyping up.

2 man midfield

Neymar and Di Maria are a lot of things but lazy or selfish isn't one of them, nor is Mbappé though Mbappé's defensive awareness is abysmal and has always been, when he realizes his mistakes he makes normal effort. No one sensible has ever laughed at Messi, he is arguably the best player ever and all top players have big egos but then Di Maria isn't really a big ego player.

As for your Guingamp vs CL point, three of these players won the Champions league and all of them reached the final. They all know what it takes and have all been instrumental in their team's ability to reach that level which is more than pretty much all the players that some people are hyping up.
Last season I did, he looked completely disinterested - I don’t think he left the centre circle. The work rate just isn’t there from these players. The other week when Mbappe just gave up on that chance, Ferguson would’ve dropped him for a month if he’d done that on his watch. Last week when he shot from a tight angle instead of passing to the obviously better placed Neymar. All these things just make it seem like a ridiculous environment.

JPRouve

Scout
Last season I did, he looked completely disinterested - I don’t think he left the centre circle. The work rate just isn’t there from these players. The other week when Mbappe just gave up on that chance, Ferguson would’ve dropped him for a month if he’d done that on his watch. Last week when he shot from a tight angle instead of passing to the obviously better placed Neymar. All these things just make it seem like a ridiculous environment.
SAF didn't drop Scholes for a month when he refused to play, he started the next game. Attackers sometimes take the wrong decision and try to score from poor positions, they all do. And last season Messi was on the periphery of a disjointed attack, also he was playing near the center circle.

Your post says more about your ridiculous view than this fabled environment.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I'd actually be against it. Don't get me wrong the guy is one of the best players in the world, but do we want a toxic character in the dressing room who will be bigger than the manager?

No thanks, give me good, hungry players instead who won't undermine our manager any chance they get.

2 man midfield

SAF didn't drop Scholes for a month when he refused to play, he started the next game. Attackers sometimes take the wrong decision and try to score from poor positions, they all do. And last season Messi was on the periphery of a disjointed attack, also he was playing near the center circle.

Your post says more about your ridiculous view than this fabled environment.
Nah they’re still all twats, and PSG won’t win anything beyond their own farmers league. Quote this in may if you want.

JPRouve

Scout
Nah they’re still all twats, and PSG won’t win anything beyond their own farmers league. Quote this in may if you want.
I won't quote a dumbass post, there is no point to it. And it's unlikely that they will win anything beyond France like pretty much every other top teams in Europe.

glasgow 21

no not mbappe we need to unearth the next mbappe or Harland or whoever. We maybe sent a scout to monaco back then without the full details " yeah he is young and his name starts with M" but we got martial instead.

Son

Don’t delude yourselves, he will never ever pick utd, players of that calibre have never done so in the past either, especially not foreigners.
The funny or depressing thing is City can get him purely because a country owns them. Players know with the Arab states it’s easy money.

Fact he turned down Madrid and stayed with PSG proved that. We’d need to be owned by a country to attract him which is the annoying state of modern football.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
We would be preparing a bid all summer to eventually sign Griezmann instead.

Dr. StrangeHate

I can see him come to City in a couple of years and Haaland going the other way. I don't think non-state backed clubs can afford such players anymore.

dinostar77

The only way mbappe for a team won havent won their own domestic league for almost a decade and not had a CL final appearance for 15 years is on football manager and fifa.

We have a stadium thats fallen behind the times, a training ground that isnt amongst the best for awhile and we are still in a rebuild phase with ETH.

As others have said, if we get taken over by dubai or someone like that then all bets are off.

Status
Not open for further replies.