Should we recall Andreas Pereira immediately?

El Jefe

Not good enough atm.

I'm convinced many of you haven't watched him much outside of pre-season games. Much more frustrating player than Rashford and he's been slaughtered on here recently.

Member 5225

Not good enough atm.

I'm convinced many of you haven't watched him much outside of pre-season games. Much more frustrating player than Rashford and he's been slaughtered on here recently.
Indeed, the case of the usual Caf missing 'excellent player'

manutddjw

Would be a foolish decision. If he plays in midfield as suggested, you have to realize Fellaini is going to be back shortly and is a Mourinho favourite. If we recall him after he said he doesn’t want to and then put him on the bench he will be seeking a move in the summer.

Ekeke

Its unrealistic to think hes ready based on what hes done for Valencia so far where he's had a couple of pretty good games on the wing but would have much higher expectations here. And given the way some of our fans are behaving at the moment, I wouldnt look forward to seeing the reaction if he has 10 games and isn't at a high level.

Red_toad

sure I read a quote today he wasn't interested in Jose recalling him
Yes he's not interested in playing for United, so why bring him back. Obviously loves the sun and wants to play in Spain. Good luck to him and lord save us from our fans who adore him and will blame Jose for his departure.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Mourinho would be playing him in the 3 behind the striker not as part of a midfield 3. Anyway, he'd only be playing as a sub or random meaningless games. So not sure how much use or how much of a difference he'd make.

tony54

This team badly needs a spark of something. Anything. Not sure if Pereira can be our saviour singlehandedly but he’s technically sound, direct, can carry the ball and move it quickly and accurately. Things we’re badly lacking at the moment. With Pogba and Matic playing every game and Herrera having a shocking season surely he’d be worth having around.

Would you like to see it?
If anyone, I would bring back Timothy Fosu Mensah for his speed and strength. I've not really watched Pereira much so cant comment.
We are really missing strength and speed and hence domination in the team. The injuries to Bailly and Fellaini and non match fitness of Rojo and Ibra has really knocked the stuffing out of the team.

Mcking

Would he benefit from coming back at United ?
He would have been a good fit at the start of the season when we were blitzing past teams. Now we are a desperate and disjointed team in need of some injection of adrenaline.
He's hardly pulling up trees at Valencia right now, but if he could replicate his Valencia level here or even better, Lingard's current perfomances, it'd be better for him and will strengthen his chances of making here if that is what he wants.
I would prefer to stay at Valencia if it's me in his shoes though. He looks like the next De Bruyne, Salah to me.

Andersons Dietician

He’s supposedly said recently he doesn’t even want to consider going back to United, which if true you’d think that would mean he doesn’t want to be there in the long run.

Dobbs

If anyone, I would bring back Timothy Fosu Mensah for his speed and strength. I've not really watched Pereira much so cant comment.
We are really missing strength and speed and hence domination in the team. The injuries to Bailly and Fellaini and non match fitness of Rojo and Ibra has really knocked the stuffing out of the team.
Agree. Neither are a solution as such but both could bring something we miss.

For all our size I think the midfield lacks a bit of zip. TFM has that ability to win the ball high up the pitch. If we're not attacking all that well it could be useful.

Pereira can cross a ball. Simple as that. The rest of his game is no worse than whoever else gets stuck on the right.

No young player prefers Valencia over United IF he believes he'll get a chance here.

Nick7

He does not want to come back. He's not good enough to make a difference.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
A 433 with Pereira, Herrera and Fellaini rotating for the third 3rd middfield slot would be my ideal setup. Can’t see it happening, mind.

RuudTom83

Now isn’t the time to PANIC so I’d say leave the boy where he is and look to intergrate him back into the team next season.

United aren’t going to win the league this season so it’s a battle for a top 4 finish. If United can’t do that without calling on Pereria then we really are in trouble.

diplomat

Pereira won't make a difference and he will barely play at all if he is recalled. He is definitely not what we are missing and the problems are much deeper.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
He'll improve our set pieces if nothing else.

He's a great talent, but I honestly think he'll be better off staying at Valencia for the rest of the season and making a real challenge for a spot in our team net year.

AndyJ1985

It'd be better for his development to stay at Valencia, rather than come and try to slot in to our disjointed team.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
We can't recall him and he wants to stay at Valencia for the season.

Why are getting moist over him anyway? He's not even the best young player at Valencia

r0663664

Worships Man City
He is someone that I look forward to than Herrera. He is attacking player who can dribble, pass and create. Either in the middle or left, I think he will do fine. The only problem is will Jose play him? He wants to play if Jose isn't willing to do that, why would he wants to come back? Players need confidence.