Should we recall Andreas Pereira immediately?

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
This team badly needs a spark of something. Anything. Not sure if Pereira can be our saviour singlehandedly but he’s technically sound, direct, can carry the ball and move it quickly and accurately. Things we’re badly lacking at the moment. With Pogba and Matic playing every game and Herrera having a shocking season surely he’d be worth having around.

Would you like to see it?

Judas

Open to offers
We need someone with fresh ideas out there, because we look beyond stale. But what a mental bit of pressure to put on the lad, it won't happen.

deafepl

No. Keep Pereira in Valencia, let him develop. with United, we won't be able to develop him and will not get best out of him.

izec

He left the sinking ship and doesnt look like a guy wanting to play for us under Jose. Think he is focused on his career outside United/Premier League

R'hllor

And do what with him? Guy got more minutes in these few months then he would get for 5 years under JM. Have/had issue with AP but he made a right choice by going on loan. Herrera can be heavy out of form, that means feck all for McT, Mkhi is just no comment and still he would be ahead of AP, Darmian taking minutes while Axel cant get a sniff etc.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The problem is larger than simply injecting one player more of individual quality.

El Zoido

Yes but only if we’re going to play him regularly. Would love to see him and Pogba given freedom to create.

Canagel

Pereira doesn't want to be here. He is still under contract but he said it would be difficult to return mid season.

Silverman

Problem if ya do that then there will be massive pressure on him to run the show whenever he takes to the pitch. If he was to come back and struggle and then get unfairly criticised then it could do more harm than good. Let him finish the season at Valencia and then let him get a good pre-season under his belt and have him ready for next season.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Don't think he'd be anything close to saving the season, but it's a no brainer if we have no money or pull that we add a midfielder so we aren't totally over-reliant on Pogba or could actually field 3 in midfield. We lack options.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Probably should, but don't think he wants to be here. So just what we need is a player sulking after being dragged back from Spain. I think he is loving life out there.

Bratt

If the quotes of him saying he really don’t want to be recalled are true, I’d say no.
Sounds like he is where he feels he belongs.

iKeano

The logical answer is when José let Mkhitaryan stay on the pitch for as long as he did today - and given his countless starting XI’s and formations - he’d probably give Pereira 5 mins a game in left back.
The man has lost it.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
No. Keep Pereira in Valencia, let him develop. with United, we won't be able to develop him and will not get best out of him.
Should we not atleast try? Seeing the form some of our players are in and being in 3 competitions should be ample opportunity for him to get gametime

He left the sinking ship and doesnt look like a guy wanting to play for us under Jose. Think he is focused on his career outside United/Premier League
He went on loan cos it looked like he’d get more minutes with Valencia than here. The quotes i’ve heard from him all seem to indicate that he’s keen to make his name at United. Might just need the odd reassurance or promise of getting plenty of action if he came back, which he should imo.

And do what with him? Guy got more minutes in these few months then he would get for 5 years under JM. Have/had issue with AP but he made a right choice by going on loan. Herrera can be heavy out of form, that means feck all for McT, Mkhi is just no comment and still he would be ahead of AP, Darmian taking minutes while Axel cant get a sniff etc.
Personally I’d like to see him as a deep lying playmaker alongside Matic and pushing Pogba on. I’d like to think he’d give us a better control in midfield with the extra body there and a touch of the u known about him. Would be good to have another player who doesn’t shit himself when the ball goes near him. We’ve very few with composure

kps88

Yes. Assuming we can and he actually wants to come back.

C'est Moi Cantona

Yes. Assuming we can and he actually wants to come back.
Not sure I care if he wants to come back or not, he's our player and we need him now, stupid bugger should never have gone if he wanted to make it, he'd have played loads of games by now.

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
You don't pull in more passengers into a sinking ship.

Silas

If we aren't recruiting in January, I think we need to.

Member 5225

So those saying yes, exactly how many mins of him this season have you seen?

Distracted Steward

I keep hearing there isn't a recall clause. I don't have anything to verify that, though.

Even if we could, I'd say no. The loan spell he's on right now is just about ideal of his development. Let that continue, and let him come into the team when it's not struggling so badly. I'd hate to see him going from what he's doing at Valencia to trying to force things in a dysfunctional United side right now. Hopefully the off-season will reset things and provide a better environment to bring him through than what we have for him right now.

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
So those saying yes, exactly how many mins of him this season have you seen?
They probably heard Valencia is doing rather well and thought Pereira is a big reason behind it? Calling him back will do no good to neither him nor us.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He shouldn't be on loan in the first place. Doubt bringing him back would make much of a difference though.