Other Show us your TV cabinet and work/gaming desk.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Part plea, part curiosity.

I got rid of both of mine because they were ancient, but finding replacements is proving to be ridiculously difficult. Seems modern TV cabinets have very few open shelves, instead housing the majority of the stuff behind doors and such, which makes little sense to me given the sensors needing to interface with the remotes/controllers. Open doors are also an eyesore, so what's going on there then? Furthermore, the monstrosity that is the PS5 needs a ridiculous amount of space, so how will you be accommodating yours?

I've a super tower case and need a very large workstation in both height and width (monitors), which is again proving difficult to find. I can't be the only one with a super tower, so how you guys housing yours, or have you got it freestanding?

Show us your kit, or recommendations! Cheers!

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout

That's just a four drawer chest thing I took the right drawers out of and painted the inside black. Most "proper" TV stands or cabinets don't do much for me.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves

Current work from home/gaming area I have upstairs.

Will get a better corner unit once I decide on a new tv or monitor.

Drawfull

Both mine are mixture of open and closed. Just buy a Harmony and it fixes everything with regards to IR issues. Second hand ones are fine in my experience and very cheap. You don't need the remote with display unless you really don't want to use your phone and have a lot of devices. I do have that remote for one room, but it's overkill.

At the moment, both PS4s are in the open (they can't be turned on by the Harmony (they can be turned off)), but feck knows where I'm going to put the PS5.

Last edited:

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Nice set ups!

@Olly Gunnar Solskjær I was thinking of getting a cabinet and taking the door off myself! Might still go with that option if I can't find a ready-made option that grabs me.

Very cosy looking @Mr Anderson - would love to see what chair you've got to go with the set-up.

Looks like a well thought out cabinet @Drawfull but yeah, ps5 is going to wreck the party! I guess you could put it to the side, off the cabinet entirely? Your cine looks like it's packing serious wattage!

@Snowjoe you can't leave us hanging!

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Nice set ups!

@Olly Gunnar Solskjær I was thinking of getting a cabinet and taking the door off myself! Might still go with that option if I can't find a ready-made option that grabs me.

Very cosy looking @Mr Anderson - would love to see what chair you've got to go with the set-up.

Looks like a well thought out cabinet @Drawfull but yeah, ps5 is going to wreck the party! I guess you could put it to the side, off the cabinet entirely? Your cine looks like it's packing serious wattage!

@Snowjoe you can't leave us hanging!
cheers dude! Ya it feels rather homely. It started off as a plank of wood across 2 bedside lockers when the first lockdown in March happened :lol: just want to sort the corner unit out (tv is ontop of one of the old lockers for now)

I got this exact chair when it was half price (same for the desk) - my old standard office chair broke :lol: it was written in the stars to make it a gaming corner
https://jysk.ie/office/office-chairs/gaming-chairs/gaming-chair-gamborg-black-orange

throw in rgb bits and a WiFi rgb lightbulb from Amazon it’s al I have so far.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
How do I upload personal photos?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
cheers dude! Ya it feels rather homely. It started off as a plank of wood across 2 bedside lockers when the first lockdown in March happened :lol: just want to sort the corner unit out (tv is ontop of one of the old lockers for now)

I got this exact chair when it was half price (same for the desk) - my old standard office chair broke :lol: it was written in the stars to make it a gaming corner
https://jysk.ie/office/office-chairs/gaming-chairs/gaming-chair-gamborg-black-orange

throw in rgb bits and a WiFi rgb lightbulb from Amazon it’s al I have so far.
:lol: As I suspected: a very comfortable looking chair!

I've got an office one, don't know how it'll hold up for PC gaming yet. All assisted posturing etc, great for work, not so sure about slumping in it yet!

Can see you've put some thought into your den; bet you've fallen asleep there a few times! :lol:

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
:lol: As I suspected: a very comfortable looking chair!

I've got an office one, don't know how it'll hold up for PC gaming yet. All assisted posturing etc, great for work, not so sure about slumping in it yet!

Can see you've put some thought into your den; bet you've fallen asleep there a few times! :lol:
it’s my first real proper corner! Used always be at the main tv, then my wife became pregnant so she slept a lot on the couch in front of the tv as it was the only place she could get comfortable.

so I then got a small coffee table and put our secondary tv on it in the corner of the same room. That worked until our little boy arrived and now it’s a padded area with toys and playmats!

then with lockdown happening at the same time, I gradually moved from the kitchen table to upstairs to work for quiet as the baby started making his presence known :lol: - the rest was what i posted above! :D

:lol: No sleeping on it yet with our little 5 month old boy bouncing around the place!!! A few cheeky games when work is quiet - but should get more time now with our boy about to go on solids and sleep on his own in his own cot, that’s when we get our evenings back!!

it’s a work in progress for sure. Still need to move some shit out (upstairs is generally unused, it leads to a walk-in attic) like old couches and some filing cabinets.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Here's mine with my brand spanking new Secretlab chair. Bit cramped at the moment with my work shit there too. Hoping to get a vertical monitor so I can stick the laptop under the desk. PC tower is nice and hidden down the left so I'm never tempted to be an RGB nerd.

b82REZ

How are all yours so clean and tidy?

My computer desk looks like the floor of an Amsterdam coffee shop.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
How are all yours so clean and tidy?

My computer desk looks like the floor of an Amsterdam coffee shop.
you should see my areato the right of my photo. It’s an old drawer/filing cabinet full of shit I need to shred and a dismantled wooded bed!

:edit: mattress by walk In area to attic and bed parts behind seats on right

Last edited:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Here's mine with my brand spanking new Secretlab chair. Bit cramped at the moment with my work shit there too. Hoping to get a vertical monitor so I can stick the laptop under the desk. PC tower is nice and hidden down the left so I'm never tempted to be an RGB nerd.

.NET Developer?

Massive Spanner

.NET Developer?
At the moment yeah but it's getting a bit dull. it sounds weird but .net is just too.. easy? Been doing some .NET Core as well but even that gets a bit samey. I'll probably try to move on to somewhere with a language like kotlin/ruby/go in the new year.

Bosws87

The size of your mouse mat is offending me :lol:

Massive Spanner

The size of your mouse mat is offending me :lol:
I've had big gaming mouse mats before but they're just not comfy. I love that silicon one. The size of it doesn't really bother me. Never find myself at the edge playing games or anything.

Bosws87

I've had big gaming mouse mats before but they're just not comfy. I love that silicon one. The size of it doesn't really bother me. Never find myself at the edge playing games or anything.
Only winding you up must play at a high dpi i'm guessing i used to be the same!

Zlatattack

you should see my areato the right of my photo. It’s an old drawer/filing cabinet full of shit I need to shred and a dismantled wooded bed!

:edit: mattress by walk In area to attic and bed parts behind seats on right
Nice use of attic space.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
At the moment yeah but it's getting a bit dull. it sounds weird but .net is just too.. easy? Been doing some .NET Core as well but even that gets a bit samey. I'll probably try to move on to somewhere with a language like kotlin/ruby/go in the new year.
I have to be honest, I love .NET. It‘s basically Java if Java was developed now with the benefits of all its hindsight. Insanely well structured and established in best practices. If you’ve got VS Enterprise and Resharper you definitely feel like you are cheating.

I‘m entirely client side at the moment, predominantly React and React Native written in Typescript and served by GraphQL.

Bosws87

Excuse the wires and the mess its temporary until i buy my own place (post pandemic)

Massive Spanner

I have to be honest, I love .NET. It‘s basically Java if Java was developed now with the benefits of all its hindsight. Insanely well structured and established in best practices. If you’ve got VS Enterprise and Resharper you definitely feel like you are cheating.

I‘m entirely client side at the moment, predominantly React and React Native written in Typescript and served by GraphQL.
Oh yeah don't get me wrong, it's excellent. VS + Resharper is easily the best IDE out there and C# is incredibly clean and easy to write code for. But I've been developing in .NET for 5+ years now - I'd just like to try something else.

Once problem with .NET I find is that it's largely used by smaller companies. It's difficult to get into the big multinationals like Google, Facebook etc. with a .NET background because none of them use it. There's lots of jobs out there in it but they wouldn't be as varied as for people who develop in a language like java or python.