Siiiiuuuu

Status
Not open for further replies.

United Hobbit

He is absolutely fantastic, he is keeping Ole in a job (though who knows we'd probably still find excuses to keep him even then)

He just has the absolute best winning mentality and is world class.

I just hope our other players are absorbing and learning from him, it's invaluable for them to get to play with/ be at the same club as him. I also hope they are letting the players at the academy spend time around him/ watching him to show just what a world class winner looks like. I was reading an article in the magazine and SAF was saying how in his first stint at United, he'd be out there after training, practising. I'd like to know if any of our current players do that.

It's a crying shame we are being hindered by a manager who is out of his depth, this squad should be challenging for trophies not at risk still of dropping into the Europa

I'd make him captain, then Bruno or Cavani vice. He has an elite mentality and I would say Maguire doesn't, he's also a leader and a winner, same with Cavani. He also reflected Manchester United when saying we never give up. We need more players to have his mentality.

Verward

last time Ole was on brink, Bruno was signed and saved him from the sack and now Ronaldo doing the same job. :)

Yakuza_devils

Greenwood is one of the best natural finisher our club has ever seen.

But Ronaldo's finish is in the league of his own. GOAT.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
last time Ole was on brink, Bruno was signed and saved him from the sack and now Ronaldo doing the same job. :)
Yep.
Ole should be telling his scouts to prep the next Portugese signing for the next transfer window.
Ronaldo is just amazing....fantastic player.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I don't think people are talking about the actual quality of the goal, it's better than the one at Spurs for me. The technique, the distance, after 90mins of running, ultimate clutch player.

SIIIUUUUU

Raw

We should keep a tally of how many points his goals have won us this season.
CL
Young Boys A, 0 pts (lost 2-1)
Villareal H, 3 pts (2-1 winner)
Atalanta H, 3 pts (3-2 winner)
Atalanta A, 1 pt (2-2 equaliser)

PL
Newcastle H, 3 pts (scored the "go ahead" goal)
West Ham A, 1 pt (scored the equaliser)
Spurs A 3 pts (scored the "go ahead" goal)

Total: 14/21 pts

Literally every goal except the goal against Young Boys (which brought us ahead, defence just let us down) has won us points.

Uniquim

Not sure if this is posted already, but he is the first United player to score in four Champions League games in a row since Ruud van Nistelrooy in 2003.

peridigm

The club's social media machine is in full effect using Ronaldo and his goals to spin our poor performances into positive propaganda. I will not be fooled.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
CL
Young Boys A, 0 pts (lost 2-1)
Villareal H, 3 pts (2-1 winner)
Atalanta H, 3 pts (3-2 winner)
Atalanta A, 1 pt (2-2 equaliser)

PL
Newcastle H, 3 pts (scored the "go ahead" goal)
West Ham A, 1 pt (scored the equaliser)
Spurs A 3 pts (scored the "go ahead" goal)

Total: 14/21 pts

Literally every goal except the goal against Young Boys (which brought us ahead, defence just let us down) has won us points.
I would not count Newcastle or Spurs, his goal did not directly salvage, or win us, any points, he was just part of the general effort. It's still 8 points though. Without the 7 points in the CL, we'd be dead & buried in the group already.

Steven-UK

Greenwood is one of the best natural finisher our club has ever seen.

But Ronaldo's finish is in the league of his own. GOAT.
Is he though?, defenders have already worked him out: ' drive towards the box, cut to his left and smash a shot'; he needs more variety. Greenwood is quality, don't get me wrong, but Ronaldo is once in a generation player. No comparison - at all.

tomaldinho1

I would not count Newcastle or Spurs, his goal did not directly salvage, or win us, any points, he was just part of the general effort. It's still 8 points though. Without the 7 points in the CL, we'd be dead & buried in the group already.
Bit harsh, he scored the goal that took us from 1 point to 3 on paper at Spurs and took us clear at Newcastle twice...even without that he's, no exaggeration, single-handedly stopped us playing EL football (fingers crossed) as he's genuinely won all 7 points that we have in the Group!

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Haha...and he is the problem it seems....good lord please give some of the ignorant fools eyes to see things.

SeanyC

Great finish and just a machine but I hate how he has to bail us out all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.