Television Silicon Valley | Season 6 spoilers

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
In the high-tech gold rush of modern Silicon Valley, the people most qualified to succeed are the least capable of handling success. A comedy partially inspired by Mike Judge's own experiences as a Silicon Valley engineer in the late 1980s.
Starts on 6th April on HBO. Only a few critic reviews out there so far, but all very impressive.

Alock1

Anyone catch this yet? Will be watching it later on.

Yes it is @marukomu

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Anyone catch this yet? Will be watching it later on.

Yes it is @marukomu
Yeah, I watched it last night. You really have to be up on the tech references in order to get anything from the show. I did so I enjoyed it.

I'll keep watching.

Alock1

Didn't find myself laughing at all but I didn't find myself constantly embarrassed by what's on show either, which is becoming increasingly common with comedies these days.

The majority of comedy shows I have enjoyed in recent years have taken me a while to get into though, often disliking them. And obviously the shows in general usually take a while to hit their stride due to their very nature.

Though all the comedy shows I haven't liked I also didn't take to the pilot so I guess that means nothing.

Will keep going since it wasn't hard to watch. I didn't hate it I just didn't get any laughs from it. We didn't see much of the supporting characters mind which generally are what makes these shows.

Last edited:

Loublaze

ATLien
I thought it was promising. I'll be catching the second episode

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
He worked in Silicon Valley in late 80s supposedly. He did a lot of research for this show and a lot of it is based on true stories

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Just saw this show. I find almost every comedy out there to be trash but couldn't stop laughing during this one. It's absolutely hilarious! Hope others agree because I want it to be a success. Still get tears in my eyes when I think about some of the jokes.

Anyone else find it to be insanely funny?

Cina

I wouldn't say it's insanely funny, I don't think it's the sort of wacky laugh out loud humor of a show like Parks and Rec, more so it's very clever and full of shits and giggles throughout, but it does have a few absurdly funny moments (the PiedPiper logo on the garage door, for example).

But yeah, I loved it, as someone in IT I thought it was very clever, and had the sort of real world feel to it that only HBO can do.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I lost interest in it. Thought the beginning was good then it became meh pretty quickly. Think the last episode I saw was the expo one. I'm a huge fan of Mike Judge but he's not so involved with the writing. I wouldn't have guessed that a show that two Jewish chicks created, write and star in is much, much better than a show that Mike Judge created.

Alock1

'as someone in IT'

you're such a dick

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I wouldn't say it's insanely funny, I don't think it's the sort of wacky laugh out loud humor of a show like Parks and Rec, more so it's very clever and full of shits and giggles throughout, but it does have a few absurdly funny moments (the PiedPiper logo on the garage door, for example).

But yeah, I loved it, as someone in IT I thought it was very clever, and had the sort of real world feel to it that only HBO can do.
Well maybe I was exaggerating at constantly laughing but the other probably most popular comedy is big bang theory so compare it to that and this is gold.

Richard and Gared are amazing actors. They have some moments that leave me crying. And yes I agree with the IT bit, I'm majoring in computer science so it's nice to see the show have a "realness" to it.

Cina

Don't worry, I'm sure they'll release a show soon that allows you to say "As someone in Wetherspoons".

Alock1

Don't worry, I'm sure they'll release a show soon that allows you to say "As someone in Wetherspoons".
Shit pubs feature in TVs all the time. We house cnuts like you who want to forget the boring life you have.

Cina

Yeah, look at me with my boring life, working in San Francisco for five weeks. How shit.

Alock1

Yeah, look at me with my boring life, working in San Francisco for five weeks. How shit.
San Francisco became boring as soon as you got there.

Alock1

Given where this thread is going I don't think many are interested in this show...
Classic Cina, he makes everything about him.

In all seriousness its alright but not particularly funny. I stand by what I said at the start that it's an easy watch. Lots of good comedies have had mediocre first seasons in comparison. Maybe this will too.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
The ginger dude is easily the funniest.

The tech owner guy, who funded Pied Piper, is just strange.

At the moment it seems more like a bit of a drama than a comedy.

Alock1

And yet spending the vast portion of your social time playing hard man on an internet forum :rolleyes:
Why point it out? The moment he did we all felt pity for him.

gasmanc

Banned
Why point it out? The moment he did we all felt pity for him.
Simply because he's had me banned from the FF for being unsympathetic towards our Liverpool supporters. The fellow mods/admins decision apparently, probably compiled a small pamphlet style dossier of my crimes against dippers.
Barney is his alter ego I'm sure of it, the resemblance is to uncanny to be coincidence.

Alock1

Sure.

So I watched some more and I still think it's just alright. Not funny really, even in a subtle way. Maybe just too subtle for me.

Though I moan about the usual over the top in your face American shite so I shouldn't complain.

Cina

Simply because he's had me banned from the FF for being unsympathetic towards our Liverpool supporters. The fellow mods/admins decision apparently, probably compiled a small pamphlet style dossier of my crimes against dippers.
Barney is his alter ego I'm sure of it, the resemblance is to uncanny to be coincidence.
:lol: I wasn't the one who had you banned, but thanks for the thought.

Cina

Yeah the newest episode was fantastic. I love/hate Russ.

The computer voice with his kid :lol:

Alock1

Went back and rewatched the second half of season 1 and enjoyed it a lot more. Watched the first 3 episodes of season 2 straight after and it's been really good.

Must admit, it's better for not having the Peter Gregory character, as harsh as it might sound.

Archie Leach

Gooner
Supports
Arsenal
I thought the Erlich-Richard conflict this week was a bit forced. They seem to be running out of ideas with Erlich, although his boardroom escapades were brilliant in the first two eps.

Gilfoyle is still my hero.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I thought the Erlich-Richard conflict this week was a bit forced. They seem to be running out of ideas with Erlich, although his boardroom escapades were brilliant in the first two eps.

Gilfoyle is still my hero.
I didn't feel it was forced, just thought it was Erlich being his childish self. Yeah, Gilfoyle is pretty cool too, blunt like a real man. I think the girl they've hired could add something too, already fecking with Dinesh and Gilfoyle.