Sir Alex Ferguson: Never Give In

Devil81

What he did at Aberdeen separates him from the rest

A football God.
Yeah it does, I've always known it was an amazing achievement but looking at the two teams they beat in the Semi's and final, Bayern and Madrid it's almost Leicester levels of achievement.

Got to say watching 1999 from his perspective brought a tear to my eye, other than my kids births and wedding day I can honestly say those 3 minutes are without doubt my best memory of my life.

Man of Leisure

Was great. Doesn't matter how great you are, the line between success and failure is very thin and is out of your hands. The man was blessed and we with him. What an amazing manager.
To think he thought his footballing life was over and was headed to Canada :lol:

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I always thought him and Jim Leighton made up. Just goes to show you, you have to be ruthless at the top. No time for sentiment.
Not only ruthless but absolutely driven and a fortunate win just wasn't enough for him.

There was a moment where we hadn't won but he said our performance was good. Compare that to the Aberdeen cup win v Rangers (where you'd think he'd have been ecstatic)... he was seriously pissed off at the level of performance.

No other manager would have been pissed at that moment.

But he's no other manager. Best there ever was or probably will be.

fergies coat

Not only ruthless but absolutely driven and a fortunate win just wasn't enough for him.

There was a moment where we hadn't won but he said our performance was good. Compare that to the Aberdeen cup win v Rangers (where you'd think he'd have been ecstatic)... he was seriously pissed off at the level of performance.

No other manager would have been pissed at that moment.

But he's no other manager. Best there ever was or probably will be.
Thank god he chose United. If he took over any other club in England,
and was given time, they would of dominated the league instead of us.

GMoore23

It's a bit petty really isn't it.
Real petty alright. Also contradictory, talking about losing respect for the manager at Aberdeen yet somehow followed him to United.
He should wise up and be grateful he was ever associated with the great man.

Reactions: Rood

Tom Van Persie

No relation
It's a bit petty really isn't it.
It really is. He was dropped for bad performances ffs.

Sir Alex was never scared of making hard decisions. He did what was best for the team.

Oldham

Absolutely loved it. So good to see the GOAT manager in good form after his medical incident.

To your health and enjoy retirement Sir Alex Ferguson :devil:

Salt Bailly

Absolute joy to watch.

I even stuck around for the end credits, which led me to wondering why Jodie Foster got a special thanks.