Sir Bobby Charlton diagnosed with dementia | 2021: Gets his COVID vaccine

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Eating polyphenol rich purple coloured foods like steamed red cabbage throughout your life, while also taking plenty of Turmeric daily is meant to prevent this in old age.

Really sad. Sir Bobby the biggest footballing legend of this club.
It doesn't. Very sad news

mav_9me

Dementia is probably one of the biggest arguments in favor of assisted end of life. Horrible situation. I don't ever expect to see a cure for it as I think its just part of aging.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I think he may have been living with this for a while. I know of some people who have met him in recent years, who did remark on his general demeanour. It's a horrible illness.
Yeah, he's been struggling for some time. I met him about 3 years ago and, even then, he seemed a very fragile guy, both physically and mentally. As much as it's not a massive shock, it's still terrible news. Just one kick in the balls after another this year.

Yagami

Good post resistant
This sucks. My grandma had been living with dementia for years before passing away last year and it really is upsetting to see someone with it.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Death is tragic but this is a fate worse than it, not least for his family. It will be difficult for us to see him like this but for them it will be constant heartbreak. Best wishes to all concerned.

CM10

I think he may have been living with this for a while. I know of some people who have met him in recent years, who did remark on his general demeanour. It's a horrible illness.
Yeah, I think that is the case. I think they've just chosen to disclose it now.

bsCallout

He's an 83 year old man who has had a great life. For his and his families benefit I hope this is a short end to a long, healthy life.

croadyman

Unsurprising considering the heavy footballs they used to played with. It's a horrible disease. It starts off mild, then one day it takes over all of a sudden. The drop off in cognitive ability is like a stock market crash. Then it can drag on for years.
Yeah my nan was diagnosed in 2010 but didn't pass away until 2015,it's an absolutely heartbreaking disease and changes people's personalities

clarkydaz

He is one of the last pillars of greatness about the club, compared to whatever we are supposed to be now. Very sad

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Terrible news, terrible disease.

el3mel

I hate to say this but can't see that myself,sadly I think it has already took hold of him as others mentioned
I know it's a terrible disease but we can do nothing bar wishing him a recovery. Really sad news.

croadyman

I know it's a terrible disease but we can do nothing bar wishing him a recovery. Really sad news.
Yeah need to go out today and win for Nobby and so we can at least put a smile on sir Bobby's face

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Sad news. My wife tells me how her grandmother was when she had it and eventually died of it. Her dad who is in her 50's has been told he may have it already.

Wilt

Terrible illness, my mum has it and now doesn’t recognise anyone :(

Sympathies to Sir Bobby and family.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Dementia is probably one of the biggest arguments in favor of assisted end of life. Horrible situation. I don't ever expect to see a cure for it as I think its just part of aging.
Would completely agree. Late stage dementia isn't living, it's just existing.

I've worked in that field briefly and it's heart-crushing to see how it strips away everything from a person. If I ever develop it, it's assisted suicide for me at a certain point. The law will have developed by then hopefully.

There is no such thing unfortunately, it just gets worse and worse. The best you can hope for is some better days than others as it develops.

Houdini

Sad. One of the worst conditions for the family. May the force be with you!

Brophs

The One and Only
So very sad for her and his family. Hopefully he will be well enough to make it to OT over the coming years.

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
Had the privalege of attending the Bobby Charlton Soccer School in the early 90s and meeting him. A great man.

A sad and horrible illness.
Thoughts with him and his family.

2020 can do one.

stu_1992

Ah damn. What awful news. Horrible disease from what I've seen, and I feel for any family that has to see a loved one go through that. Rough year for that family with his brother dying earlier this year too.