Sir Bobby Charlton diagnosed with dementia | 2021: Gets his COVID vaccine

RedMist99

Rang my grandad earlier to discuss the game. He too has dementia and he brought up the Bobby Charlton news six times in our 20 minute chat. Very sad and kind of ironic

Statue of Limitations

So sad to hear this, it's a brutal condition that strips pieces of who you are slowly but steadily, seeing my grandfather deteriorate in front of our eyes was sad, I remember one time he frowned when I came in, he was trying to remember my name, he said as much but couldn't grasp it (I was named after him) was so heart wrenching.

Wouldn't wish it on anyone, hope he is getting the care he needs which might be harder with Covid.

Reactions: jojojo

sillwuka

Sir Bobby and the image of him sat there in the stands has just become symbolic for me.

I hope he is still able to enjoy our games for as long as possible.

Robbo*

This has been the case for a few years and it’s horribly sad, but Norma takes him to games and he still sits in the box, which is the mark of her and their family - he apparently loves being centre of attention with everybody on match days and he will of course be there as long as he can. Amazing person.

always_hoping

This news puts losing a premier league match into perspective. My late dad had this horrible disease, at the end he didn't know who I or anyone else was.

RedDevil@84

My grandma used to ask my mom if she knew where her daughter was. My mom would try to suppress her tears.

Pagh Wraith

Terrible disease. Was reading about Gerd Müller recently who also has it and is close to death now. Very sad.

crossy1686

career ending
I always dread when someone bumps this thread.

Good to see it's a good bump!
Great to see him doing well, long may it continue!
I know, Bobby and SAF are at that age now where I don't want to open this thread when I see it bumped.

Glad he's doing well, really miss seeing him and Fergie at the games.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Unlike Sir Alex after seeing him on Sunday, Sir Bobby doesn't have to worry about covid hair. Great seeing them both look so well!

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Butthole puckered a bit seeing this thread pop up.

Very glad to see him looking in such good spirits!