Sir Jim Ratcliffe: I want to buy Manchester United | Will make a bid for the club [Telegraph]

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Part of that valuation has to go towards servicing the debt surely, they can't make a buyer pay them the market rate AND service the debt? As the debt lowers the net value of the asset doesn't it?

I know people are giddy over the Casemiero signing and there will be many more to come int he next 10 days. But hopefully the protest and the general mood against the Glazers continues as strong as ever. Little false dawns aside, they will never stop making a mockery of running this football club and need to go.
Looking in the Casemiro thread, it appears that some are losing focus unfortunately :(

Sushi Kagawa

- Sources believe the biggest issue #Ratcliffe could encounter is the six Glazer siblings on the #MUFC board - Joel, Avram, Bryan, Edward, Kevin and Darcie - have total voting power.

[via @samuelluckhurst]

Hopefully a good offer will change the Glazers mind!!

red thru&thru

So are the Glazers, at the least the three running the Club... its the two US based Glazers (sold their shares in United)who run sporting franchises... wouldn't you know it!
Glazers are into property and bought a lot surrounding OT. One of the very few things they did well. So as part of their $6bn evaluation of the club, will be the future prospects of what can be done with the land that the club owns.

Neville has spoken before about Manchester United village and that is something he can deliver, with his contacts in the property game.

Gary has already proven he can deliver such types of projects, be it Hotel Football, Hotel Exchange or with his university.

red thru&thru

- Sources believe the biggest issue #Ratcliffe could encounter is the six Glazer siblings on the #MUFC board - Joel, Avram, Bryan, Edward, Kevin and Darcie - have total voting power.

[via @samuelluckhurst]

Hopefully a good offer will change the Glazers mind!!
They will sell. The only way to now rejuvenate the club is by putting in big investment into the infrastructure of the club...something that they're clearly have no appetite to do.

Grande

Although I don’t believe it, I hope The Glazers feel some form of responsibility to sell the club to someone who will improve it, like Abramovich did. It will determine their legacy.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Although I don’t believe it, I hope The Glazers feel some form of responsibility to sell the club to someone who will improve it, like Abramovich did. It will determine their legacy.
They won’t. They’ll want to sell to someone who’ll make it look like THEY were the better owners.

If it gets sold to ANYONE they’re connected to - US companies etc - it’ll get worse imo.

I actually think the Glazers resent Utd to a degree and will want the club to fail after they ‘leave’.

I put the word ‘leave’ in inverteds because I also think it’s possible that they ‘sell’ it but essentially remain involved.

You just need them out of your club and you need it sold to someone who isn’t American and has nothing at all to do with them.

Slysi17

The problem is there's little benefit to owning football clubs. Successful and the manager is the hero. Don't buy a player fans want, go through bad patch - you're a wanker.

Unless you're looking to use it as a tool to launder your money or countries reputation- why bother?

As a fan base, regardless of whether we think it's justified, have chanted about and made death threats turned up at people's home, sought to sabotage the clubs relationships with commercial partners.

Are we surprised there's not a queue of people wanting a piece of that?

Again, you may or may not justify that. You can correctly point out most have been a minority. But why would anyone risk that involvement with potential affects it might have on someone with a portfolio of other interests. Why the headache of having your commercial partners targeted because we lost out to City on a signing in January.

Even the 'I'd be fine if the club defaulted on the debt and got relegated if it meant getting rid of the Glazers" mindset that's very popular is the biggest and reddest of red flags for anyone looking to buy the club. Efforts to out the Glazers have ironically lead to actions that make us spectacularly unafeckingpealing to anyone otherwise perhaps interested in owing the club

Buy us and if it doesn't work out we'll try and feck your other business interests. There's not a queue for that
Then why are the Glazers so inclined not to sell. If I was them I would sell. They wouldn't have to deal with those things anymore.

Kostov

Honestly what is the possibility of the British government forcing these leeches out of the club similar Abramovich style? Can fan protest force their hand or something?

stevoc

Won't even enter their minds mate.

Teja

Honestly what is the possibility of the British government forcing these leeches our of the club similar Abramovich style? Can fan protest force their hand or something?
We'll have more joy focusing on the PL. Already existing rules prevent leveraged buyouts like the ones the Glazers pulled. So why not push them to make it retroactive and force them to sell?

Kostov

We'll have more joy focusing on the PL. Already existing rules prevent leveraged buyouts like the ones the Glazers pulled. So why not push them to make it retroactive and force them to sell?
That's my thinking, and to be honest Roman was 100times better owner than these parasites so nobody will be against that kind of action. I think fan action like massive protest and unrest might force their hand.

Iowred

As a fan group we’ve got to stay on the #glazersout train and hope that Jim Ratcliffe puts an offer in the the American leeches can’t refuse!! We can not be distracted by any signings we make over the next few days. Glazers out could secure mufc’s long term success whilst a shiny new signing only gives us a lick of paint.
#glazersout

SirScholes

Nope.

2018 they just didn’t meet the asking price, 2020 they did but after a complaint from I think BeIN about the Saudis funding piracy of the Premier League tv rights it went to court, then when the court case was dropped the deal went through. It never went away, it just went quieter while the dull stuff was going on.
Think this was my point, you dont hear about it

Iowred

This forum chat is the most important one on redcafe. We must keep it trending at the top of the list. Every bit of pressure we put on the glazers can only help when it comes to them clearing off!!

a Jim Ratcliffe type owner will give us investment in:

- a fully renovated or new stadium
- best in class staff from top to bottom
- no more bankers running the football side of the club
- proper and considered investment into the 1st team
- investment into the youth teams
- state of the art training facilities
- a winning football mentality

how many of these will the glazers give the club????

#glazersout

Gordon Godot

This forum chat is the most important one on redcafe. We must keep it trending at the top of the list. Every bit of pressure we put on the glazers can only help when it comes to them clearing off!!

#glazersout
Absolutely, he would rebuild the club from top to bottom and bring in the best people. It would also be a club built to entertain and win trophies. Not for money. WE NEED GLAZERS OUT

Zed 101

#glazersout

Not defending the Glazer's but where is your evidence of the above? you don't make 15bn + by spunking several billion into a vanity project, if SIR Jim Ratcliffe is able to buy Utd I expect we will see better ownership but I would not bank on a bottomless pit of money being thrown at the club either, if he buys it will still be with a view to making money

If you think the Glazer's give two sihts about fan groups or being unpopular you are deluding yourself

Will the Glazer's sell? maybe 6bn in one go is tempting but the Glazer family own many businesses, properties, other sporting clubs etc... they use Utd as collateral to fund and back up their borrowing across all of their investment portfolio, it is their guaranteed banker, their lynchpin, selling Utd is bigger to them than just selling Utd it has massive impact on all their investments and the debts they have secured to finance their portfolio, everything they have would need to be refinanced and backed, not saying it will not happen just saying it is more complicated than just a straight sale

Last edited:

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Honestly what is the possibility of the British government forcing these leeches out of the club similar Abramovich style? Can fan protest force their hand or something?
Zero, they're not war criminals for gods sake.

Member 125398

Ratcliffe's well connected with that shower so there's nobody better placed to get a bit of legislative pressure applied. we all know they make up rules to suit their mates.

red thru&thru

This thread needs to keep on going. But we need more news coming through on this.

Need Elon to tweet! ;)

Iowred

Not defending the Glazer's but where is your evidence of the above? you don't make 15bn + by spunking several billion into a vanity project, if SIR Jim Ratcliffe is able to buy Utd I expect we will see better ownership but I would not bank on a bottomless pit of money being thrown at the club either, if he buys it will still be with a view to making money

If you think the Glazer's give two sihts about fan groups or being unpopular you are deluding yourself

Will the Glazer's sell? maybe 6bn in one go is tempting but the Glazer family own many businesses, properties, other sporting clubs etc... they use Utd as collateral to fund and back up their borrowing across all of their investment portfolio, it is their guaranteed banker, their lynchpin, selling Utd is bigger to them than just selling Utd it has massive impact on all their investments and the debts they have secured to finance their portfolio, everything they have would need to be refinanced and backed, not saying it will not happen just saying it is more complicated than just a straight sale
i think they do care about fan groups, or at least how they are thought of. Why else would they suddenly want to spend money or at least put stories out that we are spending money. They are on the ropes I think and know that they are not wanted by the fans and that’s having a negative impact on sponsors and will impact future income for them. The fans need to unite and keep the pressure on, not think oh well we’ve got a couple of nice new signings and we can all forget about the glazers. If someone like Ratcliffe came in then after he has bought the club we could then be self sufficient. How much has been taken out by the glazers?? Around 2bn on loan and dividend payments? That’s a full renovation of OT and a new training ground right there, at the least. Put that together with proper football people running the football side of the club and we might actually be successful

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Spend 300m and I'll definitely get behind the Glazers.

so I can kick them out of the fecking door once and for all.

Iowred

Spend 300m and I'll definitely get behind the Glazers.

so I can kick them out of the fecking door once and for all.
I think they are hoping that if they spend big in the next week or so that the fans will forget about a takeover. This is why we must do the opposite and get these parasites out

Zed 101

i think they do care about fan groups, or at least how they are thought of. Why else would they suddenly want to spend money or at least put stories out that we are spending money. They are on the ropes I think and know that they are not wanted by the fans and that’s having a negative impact on sponsors and will impact future income for them. The fans need to unite and keep the pressure on, not think oh well we’ve got a couple of nice new signings and we can all forget about the glazers. If someone like Ratcliffe came in then after he has bought the club we could then be self sufficient. How much has been taken out by the glazers?? Around 2bn on loan and dividend payments? That’s a full renovation of OT and a new training ground right there, at the least. Put that together with proper football people running the football side of the club and we might actually be successful
Well I admire your enthusiasm and uncorrupted view on life, I am just an old cynic, but the idea that the Glazers will ever do more than play lip service to fan popularity is naïve, the only reason they are spending money now is because they can see us facing relegation if they do not, but it is a sticking plaster on a compound fracture, they will always throw enough money (the clubs own money) at the club to keep it competitive in the league so they can continue to make money, that is all to think there is more to it is wishful but that is all, we could be burning effigy's of them and they would not bat an eyelid as long as the cow keeps giving milk.