Sir Jim Ratcliffe: I want to buy Manchester United | Will make a bid for the club [Telegraph]

Flying_Heckfish

I'd prefer them gone full stop to be honest. I can see them selling a minority stake to someone like him, using the money to invest in the stadium / placate some fans, and then just continue on the way they have been for another 5-10 years.

What actual power would he have?
He wouldn't be buying in without assurances of influence, I am sure of that much

atkar83

Whoever it is, please don't buy the team with debt. How embarrassing. The NFL would never let an owner buy a franchise unless they could afford it multiple times over. It's why Trump wasn't allowed to buy the Bills, he wanted to buy them with debt. So the fact that the Glazers bought MUFC with debt should be embarrassing, on a billionnaire level

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I was in the stands the day he went to the Stretford End and did keepie uppies.

jameyzane

Don't forget..The protest of all protests is days away and if there's one thing I know, billionaires fight for each other..NOT YOU! The Glazers are working very hard behind the scenes. Don't be fooled.

TsuWave

Hasn’t this guy been at it for years? Wasn’t he trying to buy Chelsea or something recently?

Chairman Steve

Odds on him being responsible for that huge volume of ordinary shares being bought a few days ago?

FujiVice

Its been on the cards for months. Ever since he said "well United arent for sale" admist the Chelsea situation. The way the press have talked openly about a potential sale also screams "we want to be right when it happens", too.

Bratt

I don’t care about (lack off) transfers anymore, this is the news we’ve been waiting for for years.
Please be true!

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Its been on the cards for months. Ever since he said "well United arent for sale" admist the Chelsea situation. The way the press have talked openly about a potential sale also screams "we want to be right when it happens", too.
No coincidence sky and the media have started going fully in - they’ve been building the story because on the grapevine this has been coming.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Wouldn't it make sense for him to wait until next summer when we're in the Championship to get a better price?

:angel:

TheReligion

Abusive
Are the M&S's round your area covered head to toe in shite and piss?
I get you don’t want United to be sold and want us to remain owned by the Glazers.

Every single oppo fan doesn’t want us to get back on a footing as they know they’d be in deep shit.

It is becoming more and more likely they are on the way out though so whilst you don’t need to collectively soil yourselves just yet get the Andrex ready cause it’s coming…

Tom Van Persie

No relation
So the Telegraph report about the Glazers looking to sell shares in the club looks to be correct. I bet Ratcliffe buys half then he will assume full control in a few years when the Glazers sell.

Marcelinho87

I think his Chelsea move was a reminder to the Glazers that his money is there but he WILL walk if they don't talk.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Hasn’t this guy been at it for years? Wasn’t he trying to buy Chelsea or something recently?
He owns a few sports teams.

Majority holder of the Mercedes f1 team.

The Ineos cycling team.

Nice fc in ligue 1

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
That's because you looked at Boehly instead of Clearlake Capital.
fair enough. There again consortiums are in it for the money. Ratcliffe might enter football out of his love for the game. He is a Manchester United supporter after all.

jasT1981

IF the Glazers cash out. They will wait until the day after deadline day and be spiteful about it. Meaning its too late for any movement. I'd love a surprise City style deadline day take-over. That was massive for them.

LittleP14

Don’t often post - but this is worthy. Would be the best thing to happen to this great club on a long time! SOS Sir Jim!

FujiVice

No coincidence sky and the media have started going fully in - they’ve been building the story because on the grapevine this has been coming.
Absolutely. They're all puppets on Sky. They dont dance unless something is up.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
IF the Glazers cash out. They will wait until the day after deadline day and be spiteful about it. Meaning its too late for any movement. I'd love a surprise City style deadline day take-over. That was massive for them.
This is considerably bigger than any transfer window