Sir Jim Ratcliffe: I want to buy Manchester United | Will make a bid for the club [Telegraph]

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
This Ratcliffe fella likes ringing door bells to tell people how much money he has. Why doesn't he go away and start his own club with all that money.
What's the point in being a massive billionaire yet being too much of a pusshole to actually buy anything.

Bet he still shops in Lidl and buys Lonsdale trainers.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Not sure I’m buying that 6 months after bidding for Chelsea and 2.5 months after publicly briefing that they’d want to buy United they’re suddenly not interested in buying an EPL club…one of the biggest around at that…I still think something is happening with us.

wolvored

Cant paste link the site is on newsnow, the peoplesperson and its source is caught offside. More than likely crap, but its on there.

redshaw

Jim could surprise people and buy a smaller club in a large catchment area. Perhaps the progress at Newcastle has shown just how poor value a current "Top PL club" is or maybe how difficult it would be to take on Abu Dhabi, Saudi Arabia and Dubai after spending 4-6bn. Those three countries are using it for other means and can keep pouring money in.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Jim could surprise people and buy a smaller club in a large catchment area. Perhaps the progress at Newcastle has shown just how poor value a current "Top PL club" is or maybe how difficult it would be to take on Abu Dhabi, Saudi Arabia and Dubai after spending 4-6bn. Those three countries are using it for other means and can keep pouring money in.
Spurs?

ShinjiNinja26

Not sure I’m buying that 6 months after bidding for Chelsea and 2.5 months after publicly briefing that they’d want to buy United they’re suddenly not interested in buying an EPL club…one of the biggest around at that…I still think something is happening with us.
I’m the opposite, I think the guys a bluffer. He put a bid in for Chelsea last minute after the deadline knowing full well it would be rejected. Then he expresses interest in buying United when it’s clear the Glazers have no intention of selling. He seems to want to keep his name in peoples mouths more than anything.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
My guess is he will now not buy a PL. May look to a different sport: are any NFL franchises up for grabs?

redcucumber

I’m the opposite, I think the guys a bluffer. He put a bid in for Chelsea last minute after the deadline knowing full well it would be rejected. Then he expresses interest in buying United when it’s clear the Glazers have no intention of selling. He seems to want to keep his name in peoples mouths more than anything.
Has his name ever been prominently spoken about? The guy is old and is only suddenly making headlines. Seems like a random pivot that doesn't really align with his previous behaviour.

Tarrou

Who is worse?

The Glazers for royally trashing the club and not giving a flying feck

Or Jim Radcliffe, for giving the fans hope that they would get rid of their owners who have been royally trashing the club and not giving a flying feck. And then not actually doing anything about it
the Glazers mate

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Definitely seems that way, yeah.

Green Arrow

Here's my take on this I could be completely wrong about it.

1. The Glazers don't want to sell the club and just want investors.
2. SJR has found out what they want to sell the club for and doesn't want to pay what they are asking. (Maybe he put that statement out last night saying he doesn't want to buy any PL club to put pressure on them to lower asking price).
3. Maybe the Glazers have found a buyer for the club and SJR doesn't want to get invlloved in a bidder war.

RopersReturn

Even if the Glazers agreed to sell up, Radcliffe probably wouldn’t be in the same financial league as some of our rival competitors.
Liverpool are going to have sheds loads to spend next year.

MUFC OK

Even if the Glazers agreed to sell up, Radcliffe probably wouldn’t be in the same financial league as some of our rival competitors.
Yes. Unfortunately US investors cannot compete with the might of oil-rich Middle Eastern states.

Liverpool being bought by Qatar really is awful news. It will be a shootout between them, City and Newcastle for the title each year. We, frankly will have no hope of competing for a title for many more years to come, unless ETH performs a miracle.

The future looks bleak.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Got the scoop on who has bought the club before FSG have even sold it?!

Feck me! Tell me this weeks lottery numbers will you!

RopersReturn

Radcliffes a mate of the Glazers, the hype and speculation sent the share prices soaring with the anticipation of them selling up. He’s done the Glazers a favour by increasing the market value.

oneway

Yes. Unfortunately US investors cannot compete with the might of oil-rich Middle Eastern states.

Liverpool being bought by Qatar really is awful news. It will be a shootout between them, City and Newcastle for the title each year. We, frankly will have no hope of competing for a title for many more years to come, unless ETH performs a miracle.

The future looks bleak.
We will have to accept mediocrity for years if Liverpool are bought by the Qataris, most Liverpool fans i have asked will accept these owners if the club is run well and can compete with City/PSG/Newcastle. If Utd fans are happy when our 20 times chant is overtaken by the Liverpool then so be it, i personally believe no investors are going to buy Utd due to the huge cost, investment needed and knowing they will not be able to compete with the oil rich owners. We have to accept that the Utd board sold out Utd to the Glazers and should have looked at the long term interest of the club and it`s fans. Most Utd fans will over time accept that the only realistic buyer is middle eastern oil men.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
We will have to accept mediocrity for years if Liverpool are bought by the Qataris, most Liverpool fans i have asked will accept these owners if the club is run well and can compete with City/PSG/Newcastle. If Utd fans are happy when our 20 times chant is overtaken by the Liverpool then so be it, i personally believe no investors are going to buy Utd due to the huge cost, investment needed and knowing they will not be able to compete with the oil rich owners. We have to accept that the Utd board sold out Utd to the Glazers and should have looked at the long term interest of the club and it`s fans. Most Utd fans will over time accept that the only realistic buyer is middle eastern oil men.
Can the Qataris buy Liverpool? Is it against the UEFA rules -- an owner cant have 2 teams in the same competition like the CL or the EL or am I on drugs and misunderstood that rule?

SouthMancRed

Cheimoon's Fault
Yep. I'm definitely moving towards him just being a richer Knighton figure.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Can the Qataris buy Liverpool? Is it against the UEFA rules -- an owner cant have 2 teams in the same competition like the CL or the EL or am I on drugs and misunderstood that rule?
Considering RB Leipzig played RB Salzburg in the CL a few years ago, there seem to be ways around it

MegadrivePerson

The Qatar buying Liverpool stories all come from one tweet which actually suggests that Liverpool have done a telecommunications deal with a Qatar based firm.

I don't think Qatar will have much interest in football once the world cup is over!

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
The Qatar buying Liverpool stories all come from one tweet which actually suggests that Liverpool have done a telecommunications deal with a Qatar based firm.

I don't think Qatar will have much interest in football once the world cup is over!
Who's going to tell the poor PSG fans?

MegadrivePerson

If it's owned by a different person to PSG, then it won't be an issue. Its no different to America owning United, Liverpool and Chelsea!

stw2022

Agreed. If anyone asks why a billionaire would care about publicity then just cite Musk or Brandon or Ashley or virtually any billionaire anyone can name who are routinely publicity whores

RedDevilQuebecois

The future looks bleak.
There is perhaps one other conglomerate that I see as rich and fit enough to buy United, but a deal would only work if they are properly approached with an offer to build some kind of alliance between United and the other club they have: Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI) - owners of Urawa Red Diamonds and primary contractors to the Japanese government for over a century. MHI may not sound like a full-fledged oil state like the Qataris, Abu Dhabi or the Saudis, but that conglomerate is basically the Japanese government with all the riches going with it. Furthermore, their Japanese club is arguably one of the best clubs in the AFC Champions League (twice winners, once runners-ups, and a 4th final coming later in February). They know what it takes to make a football club successful.

As for SJR, he can go feck himself as the poser he is.

redcucumber

Ratcliffe can't do squat if the Glazers aren't open to negotiation. What do people expect him to do? Offer them a blank cheque?

Manncunian

Is it finally happening?

https://news.sky.com/story/manchest...-sale-as-glazers-seek-new-investment-12753359

Manchester United Football Club could finally be sold by its American owners after a 17-year reign dominated by fan protests and declining on-pitch performance.

Sky News can exclusively reveal that the Glazer family is preparing to formally announce its intention to examine potential sources of outside investment that could include a full-blown auction of arguably the world's most famous football club.

Sources said on Tuesday that investment bankers were being instructed by Manchester United's owners to advise on the process, which is likely to include a full or partial sale, or strategic partnership with third parties.

Dan_F

Holy shit I just got very excited seeing the Sky news notification on my phone.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
First Washupaldo then this. Am I dead and in heaven?