Six A Side

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
I've been looking into this for some time now and want to run a live demo in tactical battle between two six a side teams.

Need some volunteers to post some 6 side (5 players + 1 GK) tactics so I can try them against each other. All time.

Try to avoid overlaps with previously posted teams and choose new players please....

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
VDS
B.Silva Lahm Zanetti
Salah Tevez

vs

Ronaldinho Kane
Coutinho
Vidic Ferdinand
Buffon

Last edited:

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
I like the basic 2-2-1 — gives you a decent balance between attack and defense, and doesn't leave you exposed in the wider areas either. :)

Guess something like this would fit the bill (including a couple of obvious usual suspects)...the key is to have multi-functional players that are good through the middle as well as out wide, and a striker who can do things on his own when he's isolated.

Down-to-earth version...

Van Persie
Nedvěd Haßler
Bossis Thiago
César​

Enigma_87

You know who
2 defenders, all action midfielder and 2 forwards with the ability to play it on the ground.

------------Schmikes
-------Baresi-----Maldini
------------Matthaus
-----Messi---Fenomeno

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
De Gea
Ferdinand
Beckenbauer
De Bruyne Kaka
C. Ronaldo

1-1-2-1

Keeper doesn't need distribution or command of area
Ferdinand with his pace and ease on the ball
Beckenbauer to step up or drop back as needed
De Bruyne and Kaka add goals, dribbling and passing
Cristiano finishes everything that comes his way

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
VDS
B.Silva Lahm Zanetti
Salah Tevez

vs

Ronaldinho Kane
Coutinho
Vidic Ferdinand
Buffon
Hmm I'd be inclined to go for the first team despite the second team probably having the greater players. Not sure if you need one orthodox CB for six a side nevermind two, although in fairness most of the players named so far like Krol and Baresi offer plenty in possession too. It's been years since I played and when I did it was just a fun feck-around with friends but it tended to be just one player staying back sweeping and the rest doing whatever.

Neuer
Rijkaard
Modric Keane
Cruyff Romario​

Neuer - great shot stopper and can start attacks
Rijkaard - all the stopper attributes necessary and great on the ball too.
Keane - his passing style of short, quick passes fizzed into the attackers feet is ideal for small-sided games, and defensively he''ll run all day, support Rijkaard, and bollock everybody bar Romario into doing their bit.
Modric - press resistant as feck, economical with the ball, Duracell Bunny off it.
Cruyff - greedy bastard pick, but with his speed of thought and technique he'd be unreal in small-sided football
Romario - couldn't resist picking him as he's just so impossibly great with limited space. Gerd Muller would probably be the better choice though as he'd press like feck off the ball, be just as ruthless a finisher, albeit lacking the genius close control of Romario.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Yashin
Figueroa
Xavi Falcão
Garrincha Puskas

It's probably way too attacking but I see 6-a-side as more of a fun exercise, so dribbling/passing/press-resistance are my first priorities. Tempted to include Figo as well.

I'm surprised that Davids hadn't been included in any of those yet.

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
-------Pele-----Maradona------
Krol---Beckenbauer---Zanetti
-----------VDS-------------------

Moby

Dick
You need proper freestyle/futsol legends in there for this.

Cristiano, Messi, Neymar and Ronaldinho are an absolute must.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Feck, no one had picked Maradona yet :lol:

Maier
Scirea
Figo - Davids
Maradona - Zico

Moby

Dick
What are the rules?

Headers allowed?
Sin bins?
Studs allowed?
Goal kicks allowed?
Offsides?

Are we deciding games based on which team scores the most goals or based on points like Fifa Street? :)

GodShaveTheQueen

Feck, no one had picked Maradona yet :lol:

Maier
Scirea
Figo - Davids
Maradona - Zico
I did pick Diego.

I infact think a 6 a side team doesn't need great Midfielders. The midfield will be bypassed more often than not.

Moby

Dick
I did pick Diego.

I infact think a 6 a side team doesn't need great Midfielders. The midfield will be bypassed more often than not.
Yep.

Neuer
Nesta
Messi - Ronaldinho
Cristiano - Neymar
The defender has to be someone who is brilliant on the ground. Maldini/Nesta are prime prospects.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
You don't even need defenders imo, you just need a presence at the back to block shots and have stamina to run back, I wouldn't put players with poor work rates in these games. Rooney would be very good.

GodShaveTheQueen

You don't even need defenders imo, you just need a presence at the back to block shots and have stamina to run back, I wouldn't put players with poor work rates in these games. Rooney would be very good.
Umm, disagree with that. I think tackling and interceptions will play a huge part, especially with lots of free style dribbling going on. Excellent readers of the game in defense would be my choices.

I think a much higher percent of shots taken will lead to goals. So, stopping the dribblers in their tracks would be crucial.

A lot more balls will be won in defense rather than midfield I think

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
The game is too fast paced to get bogged down in defence , defenders are a waste as they will not contribute enough in attack. 6 a side is a very fluid game where all players should be good attackers imo.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Though I wouldn't mind having box to box players like Neeskens, Keane, Falcao etc who were good defensively but the key is they can contribute in attack a lot more than defenders.

But someone like Passarela would be interesting, with his long shots and goal scoring ability he would be an exception.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
I think Marcelo would be great, he has the right skills and mindset.

A shorter, more agile keeper (the goal is smaller, right?) who's great on the ball

Players who can dribble on the spot rather than from a speedy run.

A knack for creative short passing

Perhaps like this?

----------------Ter Stegen

Dani Alves---------------------Marcelo

------------------Modric

----Hazard-----------------Ronaldinho

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Zico-Sócrates-Garrincha
Gerson-Didi
Jorge Campos

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
I think Marcelo would be great
Yep, one of the first names that came to mind for this format — along with Leo Júnior: who had great ball control and playmaking ability from defense as well as midfield, was adjudged Best Player in 4 separate Beach Football World Cups, and finished his career as the highest aggregate scorer in the format!

Demyanenko_square_jaw

You want players from heavier 5-6 aside football, indoor football/futsal culture and that played extensively for teams obsessed with short passing tactics often informed from that for this. From Europe the countries that play and are most successful in this sort of football the past few decades would be Spain, Portugal, late ussr/russia/ukraine and Italy these could put together teams of lesser talented 11 a side player that imo would likely beat teams with bigger European names in them that never really came from that sort of culture and won't have played nearly as much small team football growing up. Brazil would dominate though.

Of course times change, that new 5-6 aside world governing body that had an inaugural 6s world cup last year was won by Germany vs Poland, with Russia and Portugal 3rd and 4th.

All-time Outfield lineups, any world class keeper will do:

First all-time Team:

Pele​
Zico Maradona
Falcao Didi

Second all-time Team

Romario​
Messi Ronaldinho
Junior Ademir da guia

Demyanenko_square_jaw

The game is too fast paced to get bogged down in defence , defenders are a waste as they will not contribute enough in attack. 6 a side is a very fluid game where all players should be good attackers imo.
yeah it's mostly midfielders and attackers game if we're looking at what 11 a side players translate well. You would only play an 11 a side typical CB sort of player or two if you were far inferior.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
people are sleeping on Zanetti, IMO he would be a first name on the teamsheet in a all-time dream team. There are better players obviously with Zico, Messi, Best, Pele etc. but nobody can really do what Zanetti can while every other player you can easily replace apart from maybe Iniesta but then again you can have D. Silva instead which is close enough.