Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Fritolay
Burger King
Indomie
KFC
Panda Express
Eva Air

These 6 signings will take us back as one of the biggest Club again.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
it bollo@£s i have read that tweet for two and half years now and it's the main reason i was looking forward to this season, I thought we would buy 5 first team players, we got 2.
Look, it's not enough to tear down the house and lay a new foundation when rebuilding, you also have to appreciate that the cement takes a few years to dry before you can build on it,especially with all these rainy days.

All these people talking impatiently about the house while we're all waiting for the cement to dry frankly isn't helping either.

NoPace

That's either the right number or real close.

As an example I'll use the younger guys who don't seem like insane or overly optimistic choices who've been linked a bunch to us. Nobody over 26 or at a club they won't want to leave for us if we offer enough money (Dembele, Ziyech, Grealish, Fernandes, Rice, Digne.

-----------------Dembele------------------- (Martial, Greenwood)
Rashford-----Grealish-------Ziyech (Fernandes, James)
-----------Pogba-----Rice----------------- (Fred, Fernandes, McTominay)
Digne---------------------WanBissaka (Shaw, Williams, Dalot)
-----------Maguire-Lindelof----------- (Tuanzebe, Smalling)
-------------------DeGea------------------- (Romero)

our standards have been ground down, but that is what a PL/CL contending team looks like, maybe a bit lacking in both penalty boxes and you end up turning Rashford into the #9 if he develops that way and maybe buying a CB the next window.

An aerial threat (Digne or Ziyech to Dembele or Rashford up against fullbacks or Pogba getting forward) and some dribblers and long shooters/passers. Fred can come in for tougher games if you want or to hold a lead.

But yeah, there's a proper starting XI but still a backup striker who can come on and make a difference, an attacking midfielder (Fernandes or Grealish), a speedy winger (James) a box to box or defensively influential one (Fred) and so a single injury doesn't completely feck things up and the 7 bench spots when everyone is healthy are genuinely helpful: Martial/Dembele, Grealish/Fernandes, James, Fred, Williams, Smalling and a keeper.

Hester_manc

6 new signings might be the goal, but I want to see it, before I believe it. Maybe 2-3 new signings in the summer window is more realistic. Players are often well payed, if United still prefer british players, and we might face trouble attracting the players, we want.

NoPace

Chilwell, Longstaff, Winks, Zaha, Grealish and Calvert-Lewin.
I know this is a windup but if you drop Longstaff (from whom I see nothing that suggests he's better than Shelvey or Hayden really when I watch them) from this list it's not that bad.

Chilwell - Visibly hates defending but a massive upgrade attacking wise and we could unleash him and let Wan-Bissaka tuck in more like a back 3 as City do with Walker.

Zaha - I assume he won't want to come here and would cost way too much and a 27 year old winger yuck but it's not like leftbacks would want to face him for an hour then have James come on for Zaha to run at them.

Winks - He's tidy on the ball and works hard, and though it's tough to see him becoming a star since he seems to lack ambition with his passing, athleticism and dribbling, we have seen lots of CMs who rely on nous peak later in their 20s, and Pochettino did like him and is probably still the likeliest bet to be the manager here in 2021. We also need bodies in this area desperately.

Grealish - I watch Villa most weeks now and I would be happy if we threw 50M at them for him he's special. I also think he could

Calvert-Lewin - I don't see his goalscoring continuing consistently like this but big 9s like him generally peak late and he does work very hard, holds it up well and moves well for his size and is decent in the air so would certainly provide something different than Martial. Surely buying Richarlison and just making him a 9 like Brazil does is the move here, though, since again DCL seems like a 10-15 goal kind of striker and not the kind of guy who will bang in 20+ a year a club like us need unless we go for a false 9.

TLDR: Grealish is good enough, Chillwell's strengths and weaknesses suit us and Winks, Zaha and DCL similarly though I wouldn't buy any for more than 30M since they shouldn't be first choice for us except Zaha whose age and pricetag and position are all negatives.

NoPace

Watched them last night, they play good football - it's practically a ball playing center back, a rapid winger and a real number 9. The rest are workers.

But there head coach is and has been doing a great job there...
Agreed but gotta add that Moutinho has been fantastic every time I've seen them the last few years. I think he'd have won a starting job everywhere in the Prem but City the last 5-6 years. Really clever user of the ball.

It's impressive Wolves have done so well with Jota and Boly injured. If they can get a proper left-winger this summer (they seem like they might be buying Podence who I have not even seen once but some say is the best player in Greece?) they could sneak 4th if Chelsea's youngsters hit the wall a bit.

Bwuk

I’ll bite

FB - Hakimi
CM - Marc Roca - 35m
CM - Bruno Fernandes - 50m
#10 - Jack Grealish - 50m
RW - Jadon Sancho - 100m
ST - Luka Jovic - 30m

Total spend - 305m.

Out -
Matic - 10m
Jones - 10m
Smalling - 15m
Rojo - 15m
Shaw - 20m
Andreas - 10m
Lingard - 10m

Total outgoing - 90m.
Net spend - 215m.

A lot of £££ but it’s fixes the issues in our squad, and gives us real depth in midfield and the forward positions to compete in all comps we’ll be in next season.

De Gea
AWB - Lindelof - Maguire - Hakimi
McTominay
Pogba - Grealish
Sancho - Martial - Rashford

Romero
Dalot - Bailly - Tuanzebe - Williams
Roca
Bruno - Fred
Greenwood - Jovic - James​

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Bullshit, we'll sign Longstaff, Grealish and that Jade Bellingham lad and that'll be it for the summer. Bruno will go to Chelsea or Spurs or some shit.

Out -
Matic - 10m
Jones - 10m
Smalling - 15m
Rojo - 15m
Shaw - 20m
Andreas - 10m
Lingard - 10m

Total outgoing - 90m.
Net spend - 215m.
Who the feck is paying £20m for Shaw, £15m for Rojo & £10m for Jones? We're not getting nearly £50m for three players who can't stay fit if their life depended on it. Factor in their wages too, Shaw is the highest paid full back in world football, Rojo is on about 80k a week, I think Jones is on about 100k. No way people are taking those wages on and paying us a transfer fee.

We should get more for Smalling (or keep him) and we'd probably get a bit more for Andreas (slightly more), the Lingard and Matic fees look about right.

Last edited:

paulscholes18

In
Chilwell
Tonali
Camavinga
Sancho
Winks
Jovic

Out
DDG
Mata
Jones
Smalling
Matic
Pereira
Lingard
Shaw

Henderson
AWB Tuanzebe Maguire Chilwell
Tonali
Camavinga Pogba
Sancho Martial Rashford

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Henderson
AWB - Maguire - Mee - Bertrand
Rice - McTominay
Redmond - McGinn - Rashford
Ings​
I like it. Plenty of hard work and passion in that side. Liverpool and City can have all the ability and talent they want, they aren't gonna be a match for Passion FC :drool:

I'll play along anyway, even though I know it's bullshit.
LB - Digne £35-40m
DM/CM - Ndidi £60-70m
CM/AM - Fernandes £50-55m
CM/AM - Grealish £50-60m
RW - Tsyhankov £20-25m (Kiev player, really good inside forward, impressed with him every time I've seen him. Sancho is unrealistic and this lad won't cost too much)
CF - Gerard Moreno £20-30m (8 in 12 for Villarreal this season, good player to compete with Martial and is 27/28 so won't impede Greenwood too much and again won't break the bank)

Last edited:

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
"We do things in the transfer market other clubs wouldn't dream of" - Woodward, 2020
To be fair, this is true.

Name one other club that would ship out 4 first team players and not replace any of them.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Henderson
Rice - McTominay
Ings​
Might as well stick with our current lot. No way that gets higher than 6th.

Why on earth would you pick Mee, Bertrand or Redmond??

Ings over Martial is madness too.

Crustanoid

Should this be considered as a WUM thread? The original premise is as baseless as the Flat Earth theory

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Might as well stick with our current lot. No way that gets higher than 6th.

Why on earth would you pick Mee, Bertrand or Redmond??

Ings over Martial is madness too.
He's clearly joking, playing off our Brexit FC meme status.

I mean come on dude, how did you miss this? :lol:

To be fair though, I'd trust Ings one on one over Martial haha.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Giving Ole however many £100s of millions for 6 players is like Alan Sugar giving a drug addict £200k and expecting to get a return on his investment.

Macedonian Red

Fernandes 60
Grealish 60
Ruiz 60
Sancho 100
Digne 40
Dembele 60

Sold
Pogba 120
Smaling 30
Jones 10
Pereira 10
Lingard 20
Shaw 20

Net spend around 200m.

1. DDG/Romero

2. Bisaka/Dalot 4. Lindelof/Tuanzebe 5. Maguire/Bailly 3. Digne/Wiliams
+ Fosu Mensah

6.McTominay/Fred 8. Ruiz/Fernandes
10. Grealish/Mata
+Garner

7. Sancho/Greenwood 11. Rashy/James
9. Dembele/Martial

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Aren't there any more gems in the market? We can't keep spending up to about 100m on a single player when the level you get from the player is that of Maguire or Ndidi etc. We're so far behind this shit is going to be expensive, no reason prolonging it.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Henderson
Rice - McTominay
Ings​
So we are signing mediocre centre back & left back, overpriced DM by playing him next to midfield who also not very strong with his passing, a pace merchant right winger, overpriced AM with not much end product and a Liverpool reject. Feels like we are going backward with that XI.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Hes probably referring to this

Feck off Woody. You knob
This is where the main issue of Ed is becoming so clear. Overpaying players. He killed the structure of the club’s wages ever since he took in charge. No clue what he was doing, and he’s making excuses that the football decision is not decided by him. These high wages are also affecting our club, the salary doesn’t reflect to the performance, players & agents are trying to take the advantage of it.

chromepaxos

De Gea
AWB - Maguire - Dopey - Shaw
Grumpy - Happy
Bashful
- Sneezy - Rashford
Sleepy

Manager: Doc

Ed will finally achieve his dream of turning Old Trafford into "an adult version of Disneyland."

And yes, the idea that Ed will suddenly buy six players in a single window is a fairytale.

NoPace

My actual guess for the summer is we won't be as dumb as normal and will sensibly buy Grealish and then less sensibly pay like 70M for Rice, go after Sancho and fail, chase after backup options at RW like Traore or David Brooks that we're still all fairly optimistic about but fail, and then more typically also sign a 9 that doesn't make much sense (Arnautovic after he says something racist related to CoronaVirus). We also sign someone young like Bellingham or a Ligue 1 16 year old that does seem promising.

And of course we lose Pogba and Smalling for less than they're worth, lose Gomes and Chong for nothing, also Rojo goes for way less than Everton would have given us in August. We inexplicably retain Jones and Pereira and it comes out we've turned down a 25M offer for Lingard from a Prem team.

So that's:
Rice - 70
Grealish - 60
Arnautovic - 20

and failures to sign the other CM, the RW and the fullback. Maybe on the final week we panic and bring in someone to fill one of those gaps, like a random midfielder whose new manager has dropped him down the depth chart and needs a move like Vecino for Inter now or Rakitic at Barcelona sorta thing.

chromepaxos

My actual guess for the summer is we won't be as dumb as normal and will sensibly buy Grealish and then less sensibly pay like 70M for Rice, go after Sancho and fail, chase after backup options at RW like Traore or David Brooks that we're still all fairly optimistic about but fail, and then more typically also sign a 9 that doesn't make much sense (Arnautovic after he says something racist related to CoronaVirus). We also sign someone young like Bellingham or a Ligue 1 16 year old that does seem promising.

And of course we lose Pogba and Smalling for less than they're worth, lose Gomes and Chong for nothing, also Rojo goes for way less than Everton would have given us in August. We inexplicably retain Jones and Pereira and it comes out we've turned down a 25M offer for Lingard from a Prem team.
This is horribly convincing. Bloody hell.

superdry

touched by a genius
Hugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble and last but not least, Grubb..... lots of teamwork already installed.