Six new incomings! Who will they be?

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
You need to be realistic you've only signed 7 players in the last 5 windows, that's hardly remarkable.
Sanchez
Fred
Dalot
Grant
AWB
Maguire
James
That's truly shocking for the "Biggest Club in the World" and "able to do things in the market that other clubs can only dream of". whilst being in transition/rebuild.

If we bring Sanchez back and then also appoint the Henrique bloke as DoF, then this feels like deliberate sabotage, the club absolutely cannot be this incompetent without an ulterior motive.

romufc

6 is a long shout but I expect the following:

Smalling
Sanchez

Ole will say they will act as a new signing, prove fans wrong.

Tuanzebe
Williams

Upgrade from youth missed most of year so they are like a new signing

Jack Cork
Re-sign Ravel Morrison

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Not entirely sure I see the need for a new FB; AWB & Dalot/Laird for RB, Shaw & Williams for LB should be enough no? Striker will be a tough one also, Haaland would have ticked all the right boxes but with him now gone I can't see too many worth the money over simply persisting with Martial and/or giving Greenwood more minutes.

Sancho is the obvious no brainer on the wing, Fernandes will be the number 10, I can see there being legs in us being in for Harry Winks as one of the CM's and then another (probably to replace Pogba)

jamesjimmybyrondean

Unrealistic/Fantasy XI

--------------------------De Gea---------------------------

-AWB-----Maguire------Koulibaly----Williams

-----------------Fred------------Pogba---------------

--Sancho------------Bruno-------------Rashford--

------------------------Jimenez -------------------------

Bench - Romero, Shaw, Lindelof, Martial, Greenwood, James, McTominay.

I'm positive this team can win the league if all these players come through and play to their expectations. Just three quality signings : Koulibaly, Sancho and Jimenez. With decent bench options too. Unrealistic and expensive though.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
all English and under 25 so it must be true

Unrealistic/Fantasy XI

--------------------------De Gea---------------------------

-AWB-----Maguire------Koulibaly----Williams

-----------------Fred------------Pogba---------------

--Sancho------------Bruno-------------Rashford--

------------------------Jimenez -------------------------

Bench - Romero, Shaw, Lindelof, Martial, Greenwood, James, McTominay.

I'm positive this team can win the league if all these players come through and play to their expectations. Just three quality signings : Koulibaly, Sancho and Jimenez. With decent bench options too. Unrealistic and expensive though.
Fred? Im glad he is progressing but Fred makes your unrealistic XI? Jesus lad.

Mark Pawelek

United need to bring in at least 8 new players. But this could be over 2, or 3 windows. These are: A-R × 2, CF, D-C × 2, M-DC × 2, D-L

Priority for the next window should be: A-R, CF, M-DC. These 3 positions must have priority.

Rationale:
A-R: - United don't have any right wingers. Need 2.
CF: Two centre forwards (Martial, Greenwood) is not enough. Rashford is unsuitable at CF.
D-C: Unhappy with all United's central defenders apart from Maguire. A D-C should be dominant in the air, able to play out from the back properly; not go into panic mode when reaching the opposition penalty area (like Jones and Smalling).
M-DC: We only have one proper defensive midfielder: Matic. He's aging and not really good enough anyhow.
D-L: Shaw is not good enough going forward. Williams is naturally right-footed so he'll never be a perfect D-L; even if he can 'do a job'.

Some of United's U-23s may be able to fill these roles.

A-R: Dalot can do this but there may be a long-term issue with injuries. If Dalot moves to A-R, Ethan Laird or Williams can take the 2nd D-R spot. Or Williams can play both D-L and D-R.
D-C: Teden Mengi looked good playing in the EFL trophy against League 1 adults. Many youth followers rate him highly.
M-DC: James Garner may be able to fill of these roles.
D-L: Reece Devine. Potentialy.

I mentioned 5 youth players (defined as under 21). We still need to certainly buy in at least 4 of the 8 positions: CF, A-R, M-DC, D-C. That's assuming all academy prospects highlighted go out on loan, successfully and come back after only 1 year to break into the first team. A massive ask. Only Garner may be able to fit in United's first team after just 1 year on loan. Evidence shows most youth players need 2 years of loans. OK, we have more academy graduates I didn't mention. But they play different positions. Regarding suitable players? I'll follow my own advice, with a follow-up post.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Fred? Im glad he is progressing but Fred makes your unrealistic XI? Jesus lad.
People still don't rate Fred understandably. You want us to splash cash on a world class ball winner when we already have Fred and Mcctominay doing a good job?

Kaizane

I'd take him until the end of the season.
Exactly. Fits all the criteria of what we need right now and Chelsea clearly don't want him. Would guarantee us at least 10 goals from now until the end of the season.

sp_107

Exactly. Fits all the criteria of what we need right now and Chelsea clearly don't want him. Would guarantee us at least 10 goals from now until the end of the season.
How can they give him to us which can dent their 4th place?

RikRuud

He'd actually get games for us too. I guess his achoice would come down to whomever he considers his best shot at keeping his place in the France Euro squad.

Champagne Football

We won't sign 6 but I think these names will be high up on the list
Odsonne Edouard
Emmanuel Dennis
Jack Grealish
Declan Rice
Nathan Collins
Jude Bellingham

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Does anyone genuinely believe we'll sign 6 players?

Champagne Football

One of the most over rated players in the PL.
Very true, but you could say the same about Harry Maguire, Pogba, Scott McT etc. I think we'll sign him based on him being a leader. Aaron Ramsey is a better footballer, but I think Ole is trying to get as many leaders as possible in.

romufc

Very true, but you could say the same about Harry Maguire, Pogba, Scott McT etc. I think we'll sign him based on him being a leader. Aaron Ramsey is a better footballer, but I think Ole is trying to get as many leaders as possible in.
Harry Maguire was one of the best CB's in the league, England's first choice Cb.

Pogba is a WC winner, has had pedigree at Juve

McTominay is not been touted around as a £80m player though...

So I don't get where you say they are over rated? Who says Declan Rice is a leader?

Is AWB, Dan James leaders too?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Sanchez and Smalling returning
Rice
Graelish
Brooks or Fraser
Pukki or King

red4ever 79

Ah. Ed briefing the media again... Going to be a big summer for the rebuild etc etc. Sanchez, Smalling and Rojo will be 3 in.

Havak

Pokemon master
I think it depends who is shipped out as well. Candidates are probably:

Pogba: Big money return and far too much negativity to recover from regardless of whether most of the bad press is true or not. Assume we get more money than what we paid just because.
Smalling: Enjoying life in Rome, will not be guaranteed the first-team football he desires here. Reasonable price and fair play to him not wanting to sit on the bench. Good luck.
Rojo: On loan, most likely to be shipped out from himself, Jones, and Bailly (new contract signed). Wouldn't see any reason/desire to keep him.
Sanchez: Should be looking to get rid no matter what, but with what Ole said there's a bit of trepidation. Don't think he'll stay, but if he does the signing of a new attacker might be more difficult.
Lingard: I think him signing with Raiola is strong evidence of him looking for a move at similar money. Before this I would have thought Andreas or Mata more likely to go, but now not so much.

£200m~? I normally don't expect much mass-exodus, but this seems somewhat realistic assuming we can sign the right players. You'd probably include Bruno Fernandes as one of the signings in the supposed six. Judging by reports, we are probably in for:

Koulibaly
Graelish / Maddison / other midfielder
Sancho / other forward
Ighalo extended loan or permanent? (If he does well during his current loan spell) Until we can find the right striker.

I usually think these kind of things are a bit farfetched due to the cost, but if we can make over £200m in Summer sales, we can surely afford the above with a net spend that keeps in line with our recent net spends of the £60-80m ball park.

Mostly a bit football manager-ish there, but worth a discussion at least.

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
  1. Bruno Fernandes
  2. Jadon Sancho
  3. Jack Grealish
  4. Emiliano Buendia
  5. Wilfred Ndidi
  6. Dayot Upamecano

----- Rashford | Grealish | Sancho -----
----- Fernandes | Ndidi | Buendia ------
Shaw | Maguire | Upamecano | AWB

think this team could deal some serious damage.

The midfield is balanced with a high work rate & creativity on the wings to make up for the defensive wingbacks. Fred & McTom offer great rotation options too.

Centre backs are strong, good in the air & can carry the ball or play long passes if need be.

Front 3 is quick, interchangeable, creative & all have a good shot on them.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
1. Bruno Fernandes
2. Jack Grealish
3. Jadon Sancho
4. Kalvin Philips
5. Edson Edouard
6. Ben White

2020 world dominating lineup (:D):
-------------------------------DDG------------------------------
AWB--------Tuanzebe-------Maguire------Williams
-----------------------------Philips-----------------------------
-----------------Bruno---------------Grealish--------------
Sancho----------------Edouard---------------Rashford

Squad:
GK: DDG, Romero, Grant
Centre Backs: Maguire, Tuanzebe, Lindelof, Ben White, Bailly
Full Backs: AWB, Williams, Shaw, Dalot
Midfielders: Philips, McTominay, Fred, Grealish, Bruno, Matic, Gomes, Garner
Forwards: Sancho, Rashford, Edouard, Martial, James, Greenwood, Mata

Last edited:

tjb

United will not sign 6, no big team can afford to sign 6 good players in the current market, its far too expensive. In the summer, I can see us signing 3 players, all of which will be members of the front 6 portion of our first xi. A right winger, Forward and a central midfielder is ideal, but given that we are going after Grealish, there is a chance that we may go through a change in formation or strategy moving forward.

1. Grealish
2. Jovic/Dembele/Sancho
3. Brozovic
4. Jude Bellingham

If we sign Brozovic as the passer in midfield to accompany Mctominay, given the cheapness of the transfer fee and the fact that we would be offering them Sanchez anyhow, we would be able to afford Grealish and Sancho. We can then spend 20-30m on Jude Bellingham and wait for him to adapt to United with Brozovic providing a high quality stop gap with the skill and talent to play in all positions across the midfield. We end up with 4 signings for the price of 3 which would improve our depth going forward.

romufc

1. Bruno Fernandes
  2. Jadon Sancho
  3. Jack Grealish
  4. Emiliano Buendia
  5. Wilfred Ndidi
  6. Dayot Upamecano

The midfield is balanced with a high work rate & creativity on the wings to make up for the defensive wingbacks. Fred & McTom offer great rotation options too.

Centre backs are strong, good in the air & can carry the ball or play long passes if need be.

Jheeze, how much do you think the club have to spend? even the richest club in the world wouldnt be able to do that kind of activity in a summer.

1. Bruno Fernandes - £50m
  2. Jadon Sancho - £120m
  3. Jack Grealish - £50m
  4. Emiliano Buendia - £40m
  5. Wilfred Ndidi - £60m
  6. Dayot Upamecano - £60m
£380m? are you actually being serious.

We have a budget of £80m mate.

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
Jheeze, how much do you think the club have to spend? even the richest club in the world wouldnt be able to do that kind of activity in a summer.

2. Jadon Sancho - £120m
  3. Jack Grealish - £50m
  5. Wilfred Ndidi - £60m

please look at the thread title. It asks for 6 incomings. I gave my opinion.

You're essentially saying this thread is pointless because even if we buy all 6 players from the championship it would exceed our likely transfer budget. But most, if not all of the posters here know this. It's all just a bit of fun really. So perhaps this thread is not for you?

croadyman

2. Jadon Sancho - £120m
  3. Jack Grealish - £50m
  5. Wilfred Ndidi - £60m

Would be absolutely delighted with Bruno, Sancho, Grealish & Ndidi but my gut says we will go for a striker in the summer over a proper CDM which is so badly needed in the bigger games

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion

I really rate Grealish as a player and think you should definitely go all out to sign him, but I'm not sure that CF or false 9 are positions that really suit him.