Skripal Novichok Case

Honest John

That's the working assumption of the police etc I think. It's been suggested that the couple came across whatever container was originally used in the attack - probably disguised as something innocent looking. Maybe even something nice looking like a perfume atomiser.

Unless the man wakes up and can tell them more, it's hard for them to identify the object or to know exactly where the couple went having touched it.
I think this. If they found it in the park then she may have actually used it. They are saying she had a very high dose which has proved fatal. His exposure may have just come from touching her after she had sprayed it on herself. They need to save him to have a chance of finding out. Also if it was such a container, where is it now?

hobbers

Is it me or are these incidents getting nowhere near the same coverage or urgency in the News compared to the Ex-Russian spy saga?
Understandable given that these are in effect delayed casualties of the first attack, not the result of any new attack.

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football
A Salisbury District Hospital spokesperson said: "As a highly precautionary measure a male was sent to Salisbury District Hospital this evening for tests to determine if he had any contact with a nerve agent.

"These tests have come back negative, as have all those on members of the public, that we've carried out since the incident began.
Incident over.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
How do you know that?
We don't. It's just that their backgrounds and reputations don't seem to fit the profile of master-spy/poisoner working undercover, they don't look like targets for a new attack and nothing has been found to suggest it was meant to be mass attack/random terrorist incident. She was a recovering alcoholic, and he had drug problems - social services etc knew them. That's why the opening assumption was "bad batch of drugs" rather than something more obscure.

Nucks

RT History Department
I'm sorry, but this whole thing is a hilarious shit show. Did the administration actually investigate this properly? Or is this like the last few chemical attacks in Syria, where the administration acted first, against intelligence advice, and then de-facto became responsible for war crimes by bombing a sovereign state with no declaration of war, or any actual cause?

I have no idea what happened with this, but it smacks of a lot of dog wagging in-lieu of recent events.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Genuinely interested to see how @antihenry spins this.

I assume he will wait for RT to figure the narrative for him first. I suspect they’ll find a “respectable” non-Russian journalist somewhere who will cast just enough doubt over the source of the CCTV images.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Both are photographed in Salsbury before the attack and on a plane back to Russia on the day of the attack.
Russia will try and spin but think they've been caught dead to rights here.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Can someone explain what the point in this was? Like, where those people poisoned ex-spies for the UK or something?

Spark

Can someone explain what the point in this was? Like, where those people poisoned ex-spies for the UK or something?
Skripal was an MI6 double agent who compromised hundreds of Russian intelligence officers. Sentenced for high treason in 2004, Britain pushed for his release as part of a massive spy swap back in 2010 (the one where loads of Russian sleeper spies, including that fit one whose name I can’t remember, got done by the FBI and subsequently handed back).

Moved to Salisbury, settled and kept his head down. Only Russia/Putin has been on record saying that they “never forget traitors” and subsequently have a policy of state sponsored assassinations.

Anyway, all in all looks like amateur hour from the Kremlin and their utter incompetence has resulted in seriously injuries to innocent people and one fatality. Their actual target is still alive.

Oh yeah and an unprecedented number of Russian spies were deported, setting them back a few years. Hard to say what impact it’s actually had, but can’t exactly have been helpful to their cause.

Heardy

What are the likely ramifications of this? Expelling of diplomats to extent not done so already?

Shouldn't we be slightly more concerned about this?

Abizzz

Watched a breakdown of the 2 suspects movements earlier. One has to give credit to the British investigators who pieced together their whereabouts and managed to keep the names under wrap until they could come out with all of it. Well done!

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
What are the likely ramifications of this? Expelling of diplomats to extent not done so already?

Shouldn't we be slightly more concerned about this?
Think we've gone as far as we think we can as regards response. Think HMG will make a lot of noise but nothing will get done.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
Genuinely interested to see how @antihenry spins this.

I assume he will wait for RT to figure the narrative for him first. I suspect they’ll find a “respectable” non-Russian journalist somewhere who will cast just enough doubt over the source of the CCTV images.
I don't have to spin anything and these photos prove nothing as far as the actual poisoning goes. We still don't know who these people are, who they work for and whether they actually did what they're being accused of. And if these two are in fact GRU operatives traveling to the UK with fake passports,walking around poisoning people on the British soil, then some questions should be asked of whoever is in charge of security in this country of yours.

In any case, at least it's some sort of development. I was getting bored.