Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judas

Open to offers
I don't mind being laughed at for having an unpopular opinion. But I've said enough on the topic.

Whoever we get as our new owner there will be virtue signalling and cancelling and self-righteous nonsense fallout, because all billionaires have things to criticize. But it will be for the best.
Will there be snowflakes involved?

Giggsy13

Ratcliffe has to be the too option. If not him, it could be another from the gulf states in the latest club to be sport-washed

RedDevil@84

They would have an investment that would grow. They wouldnt be losing on it.
I am not so sure in an era where footballing expenditures are through the roof. We are not talking about getting a few shares to see how it works out.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I don't mind being laughed at for having an unpopular opinion. But I've said enough on the topic.

Whoever we get as our new owner there will be virtue signalling and cancelling and self-righteous nonsense fallout, because all billionaires have things to criticize. But it will be for the best.
Bloody snowflakes.

RedDevilQuebecois

We don’t even need a particularly rich owner to compete with City and the like. We just need someone who will reinvest the money back into the club rather than leeching the money into their pockets.
Considering that City, PSG, Real Madrid and Newcastle are basically bankrolled by actual governments, the only way we can compete with a consistent form of cash flow and yet without relying on oil money is through a conglomerate that has VERY deep ties with the government of a tier 1 economy. That is why Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (who also own Urawa Red Diamonds) and Samsung are on my list.

kaku06

Is Jeff bezos good enough for the caf? Bill gates? Warren buffet?

stu_1992

Christ, it's all happening today. However I refuse to get too carried away until we see any official statement. I will admit seeing the initial headline was exciting though.:nervous:

Edit: oh shit, it's here!

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
This may actually be why they are selling. The interest on the debt now means the club is about to start making a loss, which guess who will be liable for.
They sanctioned a 220m spend in the summer. The club was heading for a loss anyway. That alone showed their financial model was done. There is no way they decided today to sell - the same story was leaked months ago to Bloomberg. I’m hoping this is way further down the road than we all think.

prateik

Man Utd announces process to explore strategic alternatives to enhance club growth | Manchester United

Manchester United plc (NYSE:Man Utd), one of the most successful and historic sports clubs in the world, announces today that the Company’s Board of Directors (the “Board”) is commencing a process to explore strategic alternatives for the club.
The process is designed to enhance the club's future growth, with the ultimate goal of positioning the club to capitalize on opportunities both on the pitch and commercially.

As part of this process, the Board will consider all strategic alternatives, including new investment into the club, a sale, or other transactions involving the Company. This will include an assessment of several initiatives to strengthen the club, including stadium and infrastructure redevelopment, and expansion of the club’s commercial operations on a global scale, each in the context of enhancing the long-term success of the club’s men’s, women’s and academy teams, and bringing benefits to fans and other stakeholders.

Executive Co-Chairmen and Directors, Avram Glazer and Joel Glazer said: “The strength of Manchester United rests on the passion and loyalty of our global community of 1.1 billion fans and followers. As we seek to continue building on the Club’s history of success, the Board has authorized a thorough evaluation of strategic alternatives. We will evaluate all options to ensure that we best serve our fans and that Manchester United maximizes the significant growth opportunities available to the Club today and in the future. Throughout this process we will remain fully focused on serving the best interests of our fans, shareholders, and various stakeholders.”

The Raine Group is acting as the Company’s exclusive financial advisor and Latham & Watkins LLP is legal counsel to the Company.

Rothschild and Co. is acting as exclusive financial advisor to the Glazer family shareholders.

There can be no assurance that the review being undertaken will result in any transaction involving the Company. Manchester United does not intend to make further announcements regarding the review unless and until the Board has approved a specific transaction or other course of action requiring a formal announcement.

Boondog

Doesn anyone think he is serious. Sounds like he is bluffing.
He's always sounded luke warm at best about it. Like the reluctant hero in a British pipe dream.

But I would love to see him buy the team. He has enough resources to compete with oil money.

strandty

MANCHESTER, England--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Manchester United plc (NYSE:Man Utd), one of the most successful and historic sports clubs in the world, announces today that the Company’s Board of Directors (the “Board”) is commencing a process to explore strategic alternatives for the club.

The process is designed to enhance the club's future growth, with the ultimate goal of positioning the club to capitalize on opportunities both on the pitch and commercially.

As part of this process, the Board will consider all strategic alternatives, including new investment into the club, a sale, or other transactions involving the Company. This will include an assessment of several initiatives to strengthen the club, including stadium and infrastructure redevelopment, and expansion of the club’s commercial operations on a global scale, each in the context of enhancing the long-term success of the club’s men’s, women’s and academy teams, and bringing benefits to fans and other stakeholders.

Executive Co-Chairmen and Directors, Avram Glazer and Joel Glazer said, “The strength of Manchester United rests on the passion and loyalty of our global community of 1.1 billion fans and followers. As we seek to continue building on the Club’s history of success, the Board has authorized a thorough evaluation of strategic alternatives. We will evaluate all options to ensure that we best serve our fans and that Manchester United maximizes the significant growth opportunities available to the Club today and in the future. Throughout this process we will remain fully focused on serving the best interests of our fans, shareholders, and various stakeholders.”

The Raine Group is acting as the Company’s exclusive financial advisor and Latham & Watkins LLP is legal counsel to the Company.

Rothschild and Co. is acting as exclusive financial advisor to the Glazer family shareholders.

There can be no assurance that the review being undertaken will result in any transaction involving the Company. Manchester United does not intend to make further announcements regarding the review unless and until the Board has approved a specific transaction or other course of action requiring a formal announcement.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20221122005840/en/

CallyRed

Piers will spin this to say If he never had that interview the Glazers wouldn't have sold. You watch.

MUnchies

Nah, i don't have problem with taking oil money. But Musk....he would be ultimate disaster
Oil money is the most condemned on here, so that will even be a bad idea on here. Mind, I don't care one bit who owns us as long as the club comes first and they actually run the club proper, invest and hire the right professionals for the executive jobs.

Glorio

Wow ... The club have made a statement confirming - just read out on Sky Sports. :eek:

Could we please not be sold to a nutjob.

Status
Not open for further replies.