Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
Hoping it's not Dubai, they don't have Abu Dhabi's riches and they will likely milk us similar to glazers
Not true, obviously not Abu Dhabi rich but rich none the less and it would be a consortium so they would easily pool together enough money to do this. Look at Emirates, Dubai owned. They have no issues buying naming rights all over and spending money. They aren’t in it for milking funds so nothing like the Glazers and out of all the oil states Dubai is the least conservative and open minded so I wouldn’t oppose it.

MDFC Manager

Didn’t Newcastle’s owners want to buy us before they took over them? What happened, could they not afford us or was it a case of the glazers not wanting to sell at the time?
Yes there was a load of chatter around this, credible links too and I think glazers and/or their reps were in Saudi Arabia for discussions. Not sure why it broke down but they moved on to Newcastle after that.

Tarrou

Didn’t Newcastle’s owners want to buy us before they took over them? What happened, could they not afford us or was it a case of the glazers not wanting to sell at the time?
my guess would be when the Glazers (at least thought they) had a lot more leverage they were asking for insane amounts - upwards of 10bn

now that market conditions have sort of forced their hand, they are asking for something more reasonable

croadyman

Even though being owned by oil bastards wouldn't be ideal, they're far more likely to properly invest in the team than Americans. Getting Glazers v2 scares me.

Anybody that can seriously afford to buy this club isn't going to be a great person/people.
You have nailed it with second paragraph

Slysi17

Not true, obviously not Abu Dhabi rich but rich none the less and it would be a consortium so they would easily pool together enough money to do this. Look at Emirates, Dubai owned. They have no issues buying naming rights all over and spending money. They aren’t in it for milking funds so nothing like the Glazers and out of all the oil states Dubai is the least conservative and open minded so I wouldn’t oppose it.
Weren't Dubai interested in buying us a few months back. You think that Manchester United potiently being for sale, they could make a bid?

ScarleyUtd

It's not entirely rubbish. There are cautions to note to our fans. It's pure financial illiteracy that there are people on social media that think private investors can tie up the majority of their net worth in any entity and not want to recoup their investment. The problem is we're too expensive. Too expensive for any non-state entity to afford and not become Glazers mk II. It has to be the richer billionaires. I however disagree that I'd rather keep the glazers. I honestly don't care if the saudis buy us. Football need not concern politics. Point is just to caution everyone that the ideal owner most likely won't be private so be ready to be politically neutral.
I think I'm out if a Newcastle type situation occurs here sadly. What I am supporting with my money and time matters a lot to me, football or not. But everyone has to find their own way on this. Looking back you could say it was inevitable but I'm appalled that many Newcastle fans, for example, can't, or won't, see the bigger picture.

Just on the Glazers other investments – they're heavily into fish oils apparently, which is one of the most damaging industries to marine wildlife. So there's that.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
Weren't Dubai interested in buying us a few months back. You think that Manchester United potiently being for sale, they could make a bid?
In sure they will be and are already making moves. Living in Dubai for a while now, and working for a rich Dubai club I know they don’t waste time. They’ll already be on the phones to necessary parties. There’ll be a long line of interested buyers though from all over but I just want us to be sold to someone who wants to see us challenge first and foremost. Someone obsessed with seeing United crush the opposition.

Dubai would definitely want that so they could challenge big brother Abu Dhabi and cousin Qatar. Let’s see how it plays out.

cyberman

Yeap. Their cousins in Abu Dhabi had to bail out the Dubai economy/sheikh when they over played their hands a few years back
But buying football clubs are a tiny fraction of these owners wealth. We sit here talking about trillions this and that but, in effective terms, all you would need is what? 200 / 300m a year to spend? And it’s not as if the club brings in 0, Its revenue is double that. Fans compare these owners worth as if transfer fees will be 1.1 trillion v 1.2 for Mbappe oh City outbit us by many billions we can’t compete!

darioterios

In sure they will be and are already making moves. Living in Dubai for a while now, and working for a rich Dubai club I know they don’t waste time. They’ll already be on the phones to necessary parties. There’ll be a long line of interested buyers though from all over but I just want us to be sold to someone who wants to see us challenge first and foremost. Someone obsessed with seeing United crush the opposition.

Dubai would definitely want that so they could challenge big brother Abu Dhabi and cousin Qatar. Let’s see how it plays out.
How is the state doing financially? Have the days of Khalifa bailing out Burj Dubai gone?

Esquire

It's not entirely rubbish. There are cautions to note to our fans. It's pure financial illiteracy that there are people on social media that think private investors can tie up the majority of their net worth in any entity and not want to recoup their investment. The problem is we're too expensive. Too expensive for any non-state entity to afford and not become Glazers mk II. It has to be the richer billionaires. I however disagree that I'd rather keep the glazers. I honestly don't care if the saudis buy us. Football need not concern politics. Point is just to caution everyone that the ideal owner most likely won't be private so be ready to be politically neutral.
No don’t get me wrong, I agree that it’s not a bad post. I just think that the majority of people here (absent seeing a horrific and clearly profiteering prospective buyer) would take just about any decent buyer over the Glazers.

justsomebloke

What you are on about, he said it, he's ruled himself out of buying United or any other club and will focus on Lille. Just because you didn't see something doesn't mean it isn't real. Want proof, it's called google.
No he hasn't. He just said he wasn't going to hang around forever waiting for Man Utd to become available.

Bratt

Norweigans to buy it, Install Ole as President and Ingrid as head of communications
I know you’re kidding, but they actually talked about this on norwegian radio this morning (not the ole/ingrid bit), but the oil fund has strict rules to go by, one of them being they can’t own more than 10% of a company.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
How is the state doing financially? Have the days of Khalifa bailing out Burj Dubai gone?
Long long gone, Dubai is doing as well as it’s ever been. Tourism obviously is the biggest earner and it’s never been better. The local clubs are spending more than they’ve ever including my club Al Nasr. So the money is there for sure now and most importantly it’s stable. There’s a property boom right now as well so I’m sure for Dubai it’s a great time for a big purchase like this. In buying United they’d own the biggest of the prizes compared to their fellow Arab owners and knowing them, it’s win at all costs. So we’ll spend spend spend, on the team, the facilities and stadium.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
I know you’re kidding, but they actually talked about this on norwegian radio this morning (not the ole/ingrid bit), but the oil fund has strict rules to go by, one of them being they can’t own more than 10% of a company.
Oil fund was created to avoid expenditures like this. So it’s a no go.

Zippycup

There's no way we are getting sold for £6b
£4 at most along with the taking on off the debt

MDFC Manager

Yeap. Their cousins in Abu Dhabi had to bail out the Dubai economy/sheikh when they over played their hands a few years back
Exactly, they had to even give away the naming of their most iconic building. Imagine the scenes if something similar happened again and Old Trafford was renamed Etihad 2 or something

Josh 76

The Cheaper the better. I read somewhere it’s somewhere between 2.5b and 3b. That’s would be more attractive than the dirty scousers!

crossy1686

career ending
There's a state somewhere that will see this as the ultimate sportswashing possibility and plan on holding the club for as long as it's legal to do so. So probably the rest of our lifetimes.

Chelsea went for 3.2bn dollars.

I’d imagine that’s why the Glazers now want to sell, because United is clearly worth a sizeable chunk more.
I’d imagine any sale price with be set higher in order to settle the 500m ish debt in the process of the sale.
I think realistically they could be looking at a sale of 5.5bn to buy a debt free Manchester United.

fallengt

We're heading into recession. No one going to pay 6bil to buy a football club

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
I’m not getting excited until I know it’s a decent buyer and not another leech!

Feck it! Best news in years! Wohooooo!!

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
No chance the Glazers will sell as low as £2.5-3bn, they know what they have and how to extract the most value from their products. I would say around £4-5bn and the debt cleared to be more realistic. Would love whoever it is to come in and commence stadium redevelopment or the possibility of a new stadium as one of the first priorities. On the pitch we can still back Ten Hag as there will be a lot more money available from not having to pay dividends and loan repayments so recruitment will be fine.
Can a potential buyer spend whatever money of their own on infrastructure? Or does this break FFP rules?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I don't think credible journalists would be briefed for a full sale if Glazers didn't have multiple suitors lined up for their asking price.

We may well be further ahead than Liverpool & FSG, who did not explicitly say they would consider a full sale, whereas we did if I'm not mistaken.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Nah. This story is a leak designed to minimize the impact of releasing Ronaldo from his contract.
The club have literally tweeted that they’re looking to sell. (If you read the article in the tweet that is)

arthurka

Scenes when Ronaldo buys the club.

On a serious note, the two biggest clubs in England are apparently up for sale. Perhaps it's a good time for some proper governance by the British govt to be carried out into who exactly are buying them.
Little late for that when the Russian mob, murderous execution state and bribery ridden whitewash oil state own teams or have owned in the PL.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.