Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneway

Agreed. That’s the core issue in this take over.
I think Sheikh Mansour has done a grand job at City and the area, nothing seedy about it and the Geordies will be challenging for the title soon. Football is changing, i would prefer Apple but wouldn`t care if it was Dubai or Saudi, I have visited both countries and seen lot`s of people and global companies making the most of the opportunities. I`m sure Liverpool or many other clubs in the premier league would jump at the chance, i prefer someone who can not only buy the club but invest big in the stadium etc otherwise we are going to be left behind. Obviously people can have their own views and Utd fans are divided on the ownership issue but the one thing we can all agree is get rid of the Glazers and no more investors that need to borrow to buy.

Member 101269

Do explain why "professor of physics" or "professor of economics" in any way makes your "friend" anymore or less identifiable? :lol:

The only people that will have any insight are those involved with bids and deals and secondly, those with access to those people - family or journalists. So, unless your colleague from your work is one of those, they just gave you an opinion, they don't know anything more than the rest of us.
Do engage your brain; I have explained they could be identifiable, clearly you don't know, understand or engage in protecting identification of information/individuals.

The rest is speculation

gormless

Do engage your brain; I have explained they could be identifiable, clearly you don't know, understand or engage in protecting identification of information/individuals.

The rest is speculation
I actually get your point. I had a mate of a mate who knew told me about the “Kent variant”’ of COVID, prior to the public knowing about it (having been told by Hancock), and I was really really careful about how I put it on the Caf, as you don’t want to doxx somebody else. . But it really doesn’t help in terms of adding weight to his comment.

crimsonflames

To be fair we have been saying this for decades. Bubble going to burst etc and it’s done nothing but grow. I remember the approach in 2011 and people saying they’d be mad to turn down 1.5 billion for the club.
Imo the EPL with cannibalise other top leagues and you’ll see values rise all over the league. It’ll be the super league with the contracts to back it up
Yeah, my point was more about what would attract Apple. They would need more growth than what we offer them now, the TV money boom is over - what happens next is the key thing.

Agree about the EPL.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Isnt MBS also a United fan? I could see them ditching Newcastle if they manage to get United through some other mean and then later transfer it to PIF. They would make a cool profit on Newcastle as well

Member 101269

I actually get your point. I had a mate of a mate who knew told me about the “Kent variant”’ of COVID, prior to the public knowing about it (having been told by Hancock), and I was really really careful about how I put it on the Caf, as you don’t want to doxx somebody else. . But it really doesn’t help in terms of adding weight to his comment.
Whereas I received hospital reports in February 2020 and was wearing masks. Your point is only relevant for the quality of sources, they're a professor.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Apple Trafford
Old Apple
The theatres of Apples

TheReligion

Abusive
Isnt MBS also a United fan? I could see them ditching Newcastle if they manage to get United through some other mean and then later transfer it to PIF. They would make a cool profit on Newcastle as well
MBS is a season ticket holder and wears green and gold ‘till the club is sold.

AlPistacho

I know but I don’t see them spending how oil states tend to. It just doesn’t make much sense for Apple to buy us.
FFP? United are already the richest club on earth. Without the debt and with trillionaire owners our revenue will go on signings, apple could finance infrastructure themselves.With the glazers and debt we are already the biggest spenders in world football on the transfer front. That’s with the yearly interests payment and dividends

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
They’d be a great buyer, they have some serious juice. When we see their plans, I’m sure any resistance to their bid might crumble.
They simply have to focus on fixing the core of the team

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
FFP? United are already the richest club on earth. Without the debt and with trillionaire owners our revenue will go on signings, apple could finance infrastructure themselves.With the glazers and debt we are already the biggest spenders in world football on the transfer front. That’s with the yearly interests payment and dividends
We do get a lot of tax breaks so i dont think interest payments and dividends expenses would magically disappear

AdNani

I'm all aboard the Apple train. all other bids would crumble if they were genuinely interested.

Drz

IMO, this is a definite. It's not something that is around the corner, however, you can see so many opportunities with this. This is an example of why Apple purchasing Manchester United makes sense. So much more to come between football and technology. Just imagine what Old Trafford would be like.
I wonder where the VR technology is currently at, never tested a set myself, guessing developing and perfecting the technology must be quite expensive.
With regards to Apple/Amazon, it would be handy to have an iconic stadium to rebuild with the potential of this technology in mind.
The ready-made consumer base to sell the product to should also be appealing.

AlPistacho

That's something a juggernaut like Apple could go in and challenge. Apple/Microsoft + Manchester United could go toe to toe against anyone if they want to including the British Government (let alone the FA)
Reason why the government & FA will find a way to disallow it. (Assuming they try to buy us)

croadyman

I’m calling it now, this is going to go to an insane bidding war and end up being £12bn-15bn+. I just hope the government steps in to this one and ensures that United’s infrastructure is properly invested in by whoever takes it over and that United’s match going support are respected.
Oh you mean total sale price

Boondog

Well I'm a huge fan of Apple and I'd love them to buy the club. But every argument seems to be "but United are really popular" and little else.
What argument. That they may buy the team? I think it's possible. That's not really an argument unless you're looking for something to argue about.

largelyworried

So buying an unpopular brand doesn’t bring any more benefits than buying a global institution with insane brand name and 1b fanbase?
So what’s the argument here?
Sorry I hadn't noticed you'd written unpopular. (McDonalds isn't unpopular, thats ridiculous). The point is that being popular alone is not enough to buy another company.

red thru&thru

I wonder where the VR technology is currently at, never tested a set myself, guessing developing and perfecting the technology must be quite expensive.
With regards to Apple/Amazon, it would be handy to have an iconic stadium to rebuild with the potential of this technology in mind.
The ready-made consumer base to sell the product to should also be appealing.
Exactly. That's an appeal to them.

As a poster pointed out earlier, Apple paid 2.5bn for sports streaming rights. They've entered into the sports game. Buying United would be a level up. Afterall, United are in the entertainment business...that's how Apple would see it.

croadyman

Apple have a TV channel and they bought the rights of something popular to show on it. The strategy is very simple.

But they didn't buy an MLS club or an MLB team, they only bought the TV rights. What we've seen so far suggests they don't want to be involved in sports development, but rather sports broadcasting. Buying United doesn't get you the rights to show their games live, and probably never will. You'd hardly call the ability so show 90 minutes matches the day after the game was played an enticing prospect for subscribers. And even if they thought it was, just strike a deal with United to show their highlights. You don't need the club for that.

Worse still, it could be a future problem owning a club. What if the PL TV rights come on the market again and Apple decide they want them? Owning a club could be a conflict of interest that might stop them bidding for the TV rights in the future. If showing more European football is their aim - which seems entirely likely - then being a club owner might actually muddy the waters.
Yeah that's why I think it's a non starter

largelyworried

What argument. That they may buy the team? I think it's possible. That's not really an argument unless you're looking for something to argue about.
Not an argument as in "a heated exchange of views", an argument as in "the reasoning given in support of something".

ShinjiNinja26

Apple is literally the best option out there. They’re richer than any oil state and don’t come with the baggage of having dodgy human rights records. I don’t get why anyone would actively be against them buying us over as unlikely as it would be.

El Zoido

Apple is literally the best option out there. They’re richer than any oil state and don’t come with the baggage of having dodgy human rights records. I don’t get why anyone would actively be against them buying us over as unlikely as it would be.
Maybe they can repurpose the suicide nets and put them between the sticks at Old Trafford.

Spoony

The People's President

Apple sweatshops?

Status
Not open for further replies.