Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

crossy1686

career ending
I know it won't happen but since I don't engage in transfer muppetry, speculation on our next owners is the only chance for me to dream.
I get that, and I hope everyone's having fun. I'm just spoiling the party really so I'm going to go and do something else instead of pissing all over everyone's hopes and dreams

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Excuse my ignorance but what private Saudi companies are there that could afford us? I know Saudi media had some interest in Chelsea but I just assumed they were connected with the Saudi government.
You're thinking inside the box of rules and regs the Saudis and feck you money don't care about.

The only thing that would stop a Saudi bid is the other PL clubs pissing their pants.

C'est Moi Cantona

Problem with all this is that the we don't have some sort of guardian angel overseeing this like Cheslea did, the Glazers will have the final say, and it will be the highest bidder end of, no matter what horrors that might bring us.

The FA have proven enough times they have a very low bar when it comes to approving who owns premiership teams.

Red00012

People really think a company that makes phones and computers is going to spend billions of dollars to buy a football team :lol::lol:
I’m not really sure what’s so funny about that … you should maybe check some of the owners of clubs in the PL and see their background

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
what account is that?!
MacRumors are a big apple fan site.
what account is that?!
MacRumours are a big fansite. They don’t really use their own sources though from my experience - more an aggregator site. This is the source - he said it was nonsense when it broken this morning - no idea if he is reliable.

Arlo

With the current sponsor thinking of doing a runner has anyone done a mock up of their logo on a United shirt yet?

crossy1686

career ending
Have you bothered to read their article?
Nope, it starts with "British tabloid The Daily Star reported earlier today" and that's enough to know it's certified bullshit. I presumed you were referring to MacRumours as the aggregator, which they're not, they have credibility when it comes to Apple news.

cyberman

MacRumours are a big fansite. They don’t really use their own sources though from my experience - more an aggregator site. This is the source - he said it was nonsense when it broken this morning - no idea if he is reliable.

His bio says he runs the fansite!

TheReligion

Abusive

Nope, it starts with "British tabloid The Daily Star reported earlier today" and that's enough to know it's certified bullshit. I presumed you were referring to MacRumours as the aggregator, which they're not, they have credibility when it comes to Apple news.
So they are or they aren’t an aggregator?!

I’m not hanging my hat on what they say anyway.

All options on the table

Godfather

Did anyone actually believe the Apple rumours? It wont be a listed corporation that will buy us. Imagine the outrage of the shareholders. It will be filthy rich privates, consortiums or state backed investors.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Verified so must be true :wenger:
Macrumours are pretty much Apple. They always get the insider info about upcoming products and OS improvements before the big events.

Edit; they're an aggregator? feck sake, still trust them though.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It's funny the most exciting thing that came to my head about Apple buying us was that they'd fix our website :lol:

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
Amazing how a nonsense story from the star gets so much traction.
What is said about Apple is applicable to all streaming services. Amazon, Disney, Netflix and co.

Will anyone of those buy this club? It’s of course unlikely. The other bigger clubs sold have not been bought by then. Nor have been rumored to be interested. Nobody would have mentioned them if it weren’t for the report from a dubious source.

But I wouldn’t completely rule them out. But they are of course not favorites. Not sure if they deserve a 1% shot, less or more. But…

Spoony

The People's President
Did anyone actually believe the Apple rumours? It wont be a listed corporation that will buy us. Imagine the outrage of the shareholders. It will be filthy rich privates, consortiums or state backed investors.

I doubt anyone does or did. Apple tend not to buy non tech companies. United would be a bizarre acquisition.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Macrumours are pretty much Apple. They always get the insider info about upcoming products and OS improvements before the big events.
Yeah I know them, but upcoming products and acquisition of a sport club are different kinds of news. In the same vein I don't expect any of the transfer expert journalists to be on the pulse in this regard

Shai-Hulud

I just hope everything goes through to a good owner before the summer window. Time to invest properly. Unleash EtH.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I will find it very hard to continue supporting the club if it’s owned by Saudis, honestly. I know this has been debated a million times but that would be a disgusting outcome and I’d prefer to keep the Glazers.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
I would ignore rumours on this one. They''re about as credible as Ronaldo playing for a Champion's League club. Stuff gets put bout by the sellers and journalists with very little basis. We will find out when we find out basically.

Status
Not open for further replies.