Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I will find it very hard to continue supporting the club if it’s owned by Saudis, honestly. I know this has been debated a million times but that would be a disgusting outcome and I’d prefer to keep the Glazers.
The Saudis in particular or gulf state ownership in general?

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Isn't there a potentially alarming conflict of interest if a Saudi private company buys United when their government effectively own Newcastle?

Did anyone actually believe the Apple rumours? It wont be a listed corporation that will buy us. Imagine the outrage of the shareholders. It will be filthy rich privates, consortiums or state backed investors.
Seen this said a few times, why would there be outrage at buying a profitable business that debt free should generate up to 100m a year in profits and that has enormous potential and customer reach? Even when run like shit it projects profits of 100-110 quid million this next year.

Not that I think apple would buy United, just want to understand why they’d be so much outrage? Do shareholders get angry when companies buy smaller, very profitable mega brands? Why?

Last edited:

Someone

Something
Isn't there a potentially alarming conflict of interest if a Saudi private company buys United when their government effectively own Newcastle?
Can you imagine a private company team beating the state backed team in a country like that? It'd be shady AF.

Reiver

Let's just hope the FAs fit and proper test of owners is up to snuff so we don't get anybody as bad or worse than the Glazers.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
No saudi backed private entity should be allowed. PIF owning Newcastle creates an issue and we all know how authoritarian these states are. Blanket ban on any Saudi private business.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
No saudi backed private entity should be allowed. PIF owning Newcastle creates an issue and we all know how authoritarian these states are. Blanket ban on any Saudi private business.
That would be a ridiculous position to take.

MadMike

From a pure sporting perspective the people most likely to pour money into the club are gulf states. From an ethical perspective, they might not be the best owners though and someone like Stevie B might be a better option.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
That would be a ridiculous position to take.
Necessary one. Do you think a country which can cut journalists at its embassy would like to be second best to another team owned by some private individual? If PIF hadn’t invested then it was fine but now we should stay away.

Seven Seas Sardines

If you look at Ineos record as owners it paints a very grim picture. Thats why a lot of us dont want them and Jim
Done a terrible job with Mercedes F1 the past 7 years eh? He took Nice from obscurity to fighting for CL places. Reckon some dictator or Musk will know more about how to run a sports club, let alone a football club?

George The Best

Done a terrible job with Mercedes F1 the past 7 years eh? He took Nice from obscurity to fighting for CL places. Reckon some dictator or Musk will know more about how to run a sports club, let alone a football club?
What’s he had to do with Mercedes having a bad season? He just gives them money which they’ve screwed up with

Lyng

Conviently leaving out the other club that is now relegated after being a mid table team and Nice has not really moved up after him.
They will know about as much as Jim. But if City is anything to go by they will put people in leadership that actually do know their stuff. More than you can say about Jimbo.

Conviently leaving out the other club that is now relegated after being a mid table team
Mid table team my arse. They are predominantly a second tier side over the past two decades.

As for Nice, they made a cup final in 2022, for the first time in a couple of decades.

And, we’re not some random Swiss club, nor are we Nice. Owning United is not remotely alike.

Coops73

Let's just hope the FAs fit and proper test of owners is up to snuff so we don't get anybody as bad or worse than the Glazers.
:lol: Funniest post in this thread (well that and the Apple connection ones) Thank you.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Woody coming back would be all time comedy. I’m here for it.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Necessary one. Do you think a country which can cut journalists at its embassy would like to be second best to another team owned by some private individual? If PIF hadn’t invested then it was fine but now we should stay away.

Why? Genuine question. Poster raises a valid concern imo.
I appreciate that your question is genuine but if anyone has a hope or expectation that some sort of government criteria is that the new owner can be a businessman, just not a Saudi Arabian one, then it is fantastical to say the least. I appreciate why a poster on the caf may say that there should be a ‘blanket ban on any private business’ - but it is not realistic for a potential buyer to fail a fit and proper test ‘because they are from Saudi’. It’s not even worth mentioning surely.

Imagine an open market with a policy of ‘no Saudis need apply’. There will/may be a ban on murderous regimes perhaps, but nobody will be banned simply because they are Saudi.

fergies coat

Guess who's back?
Back again
Woody's back
Tell a friend.
You waited this long, now stop debating
Cause I'm back, I'm on the rag and ovulating,
I know that you've got a job Mrs Glazer but husband's hair problems are complicating.

So mufc won't let me be
Or let me be me, so let me see
They try to shut me down on mutv,
but feels so empty without me.

George The Best

I appreciate that your question is genuine but if anyone has a hope or expectation that some sort of government criteria is that the new owner can be a businessman, just not a Saudi Arabian one, then it is fantastical to say the least. I appreciate why a poster on the caf may say that there should be a ‘blanket ban on any private business’ - but it is not realistic for a potential buyer to fail a fit and proper test ‘because they are from Saudi’. It’s not even worth mentioning surely.

Imagine an open market with a policy of ‘no Saudis need apply’. There will/may be a ban on murderous regimes perhaps, but nobody will be banned simply because they are Saudi.
They already own Newcastle, so I don’t think the FA would agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.