Sky Sports cancels Sunday Supplement

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Super dated format that felt even more dated by the lack of intelligent, well researched, articulate guests they persisted with. It was full of nonsensical and boring tropes

Castia

Watched the show for years but it’s gone to shit.

They appointed Jacqui Oatley who just wasn’t up for the job. She seemed to miss most weeks then hasn’t been seen since before lockdown.

Nico87

Hopefully they update their soccer Saturday roster to pundits who actually have passion and and interest In what that do and not just the usual lazy cliché pedalling simpletons who were relevant decades ago.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Good move from Sky. It had well and truly run its course.

Hopefully they update their soccer Saturday roster to pundits who actually have passion and and interest In what that do and not just the usual lazy cliché pedalling simpletons who were relevant decades ago.
It would be nice to hear from people who had actually done some research. A lot of the time its just 'how good could he be when he's been playing in the Portuguese league until now? Surely if he was good he'd have been in England or Spain already.' Never heard so many people so confident in judging players without ever seeing them play!

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I meant to watch it every week as I had it in my head that I liked it but then I never ever actually watched it

EricEricDjembaDjemba

Used to watch this all the time back in the early 2000s but not seen an episode in at least 10 years. No idea it was still running. Another sign that print media is a dying medium.

BazzaBear

Definately Banned
It's been crap ever since it stopped having Jimmy Hill. He tended to rein in the journos when they got too pompously arrogant about how 'important to the game' they are. Once he left, it was just one big circle jerk about hopw much respect they deserve.*

*I say that confidently having not watched it for years because of how it changed, so could be completely wrong about recent times!

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Used to be good when it first started, when they had actual journalists on, now they are just agenda driven hacks. Good riddance.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Excellent. Less of Martin Samuel, Neil Curtis, Oliver Holt I have to hear the better.

RyRy11

Any show giving Neil Custis and Oliver Holt airtime was doomed to fail

Morpheus 7

It was never great but shocking during lockdown, the interactions didn't work through zoom ect.. journalists not use to it.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Used to enjoy it when it was with Jimmy Hill. Sadly it is long past it’s sell by date and the journalists they get on tend to be up themselves and don’t actually say anything worthwhile.

CM10

Only seen it a couple of times but Neil Ashton seemed pretty central to it. I'm not surprised it's died a death since.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
These football journalists are more clueless than the average fan. Arrogant and crap to listen to. Happy with this.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Terrible show. Get rid of Soccer AM and Soccer Saturday next.

Sunday Supplement became a platform for journalists to project themselves as stars of the game. The less airtime cnuts like Ollie Holt and Henry Winter get, the better.

lilcurt

Not sure if it was always crap but when it was Lovejoy/Chamberlain I thought it was excellent. Still was OK with Chamberlain but didn't watch it as much and the latest iteration is just terrible.
Soccer AM is terrible now, absolutely terrible.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Filled a niche for a few years around the turn of the century when there was less analysis on TV. Since then podcasts and other online and radio media better catered to listeners’ tastes either by bringing more banter or expertise or banter to the table. Despite some able hosts holding court over the years in Hill, Woolnough and Ashton, it ultimately became a parody of itself as little Englander journalists pandered to an audience that had mostly deserted them.
It's been crap ever since it stopped having Jimmy Hill. He tended to rein in the journos when they got too pompously arrogant about how 'important to the game' they are. Once he left, it was just one big circle jerk about hopw much respect they deserve.*

*I say that confidently having not watched it for years because of how it changed, so could be completely wrong about recent times!
That’s my abiding memory of what the show had become.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
They need to get them on their bikes and get some better ones in

DomesticTadpole

Soccer Saturday next please
They need Soccer Saturday, but it needs a complete overhaul. I actually watch the BT version and enjoy it more, they also keep you in touch with other league abroad who are playing at the same time. The Soccer Saturday pundits are only there for comedy value as they have no knowledge of the modern game.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Can they back "You're on Sky Sports" instead so we can hear Dan from Margate call the host a cnut? That was a fun late night watch back in the day.

Last edited:

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
They need Soccer Saturday, but it needs a complete overhaul. I actually watch the BT version and enjoy it more, they also keep you in touch with other league abroad who are playing at the same time. The Soccer Saturday pundits are only there for comedy value as they have no knowledge of the modern game.
Like Triggers yard brush it needs new handles and new brush heads. Its still a brush though eh

Have they cancelled Soccer AM as well? Both these shows should have been binned a decade ago.

It’s no real loss, I assume hardly anyone actually watched it recently?

DomesticTadpole

Like Triggers yard brush it needs new handles and new brush heads. Its still a brush though eh
Think Jeff Stelling is past his sell buy date as well. They need guys who have just recently left the game. Not ones who still think breaking someone leg is letting him know you are there.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Not sure if it was always crap but when it was Lovejoy/Chamberlain I thought it was excellent. Still was OK with Chamberlain but didn't watch it as much and the latest iteration is just terrible.
Yeah agreed, I do like Fenners though.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Think Jeff Stelling is past his sell buy date as well. They need guys who have just recently left the game. Not ones who still think breaking someone leg is letting him know you are there.
I am 40 and when I was in me early 20s and it was new and fresh it was great - its just old now - and the same old pros from the 70s and 80s are just old and boring

I mean Charlie FIcking Nicholas for feck sake -

Robbie Boy

Soccer AM is terrible now, absolutely terrible.
It's a horror show these days, Fendley and Bullard are like parodies off something like Lad Bible. I used to love it back in it's original format when I was a-lot younger, mind.

As for the Sunday Supplement, again I used to watch this years ago but I would say I haven't watched an episode in near ten years.

cyberman

Good. When did journos suddenly become worth listening to anyway? Their arrogance has never made sense to me