Sky Sports predict Liverpool to beat us 1-5 | Predicted Villa to beat Arsenal 2:1 but they lost. Doh.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
https://www.skysports.com/football/...win-again-at-arsenal-on-friday-night-football

When sitting down to analyse games such as this that attract the hype machine in terms of build-up, a low scoring encounter always bounces around my mind. Not this time.

It's hard to fathom a situation where one of these teams isn't chasing the game at some stage as both, on current form, stand a much better chance of winning football matches by outscoring the opposition rather than relying on their defence.

It's that attacking prowess and Liverpool's aggressive high offside line, which will be offering hope to Manchester United backers. However, if Cristiano Ronaldo starts for United, then it will diminish their chances of hurting Jurgen Klopp's men.

A dramatic drop-off in pressing and counter-attacks has coincided with Ronaldo's return to Old Trafford. You can absolutely find spaces behind this Liverpool defence, but a 36-year-old Ronaldo isn't the man to exploit them - as outlined here by Nick Wright.

If Ronaldo starts, then my confidence grows further behind a Liverpool victory at 5/4 with Sky Bet. And if Liverpool are to win, there must be a chance of Klopp's boys dishing out an absolute hammering considering the ruthlessness of their attacking performances of late.

Liverpool are the top Premier League scorers this season (22 goals) and have won four of their eight games by three or more goals. This season they have also improved their shots on target, expected goals per game, and chances created (both open play and set pieces).

If United play with the same sloppiness and lack of organisation as they showed in their last five games, where they have conceded nine goals with an expected goals against figure of 10.8, then Liverpool's world-class attack could run riot. This isn't Andros Townsend running at your defence now, it's Mohamed Salah.

That's the way I'll be playing a Liverpool victory with them to win by three or more goals at 17/2 with Sky Bet the standout.

This just might be the tipping point for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and his future at the club.

And in the long run, a lesson being dished out by their fiercest rivals, might be exactly what Manchester United need in triggering the process to find an elite manager.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I hope the Liverpool squad have the same mentality.

tomaldinho1

Don't let him gain from a clearly clickbait article

Edit: the journo not poster!!

Deery

Dreary
SKY are a bunch of cnuts remember when they choose a mixed team with 11 Liverpool players, they’re just scumbags…

lsd

The Oracle
There's no way we are going to score a goal. They are talking rubbish

BaneIsPain

1-5? That is a big claim from Sky. I do hope Liverpool underestimate United this weekend.

Flytan

I have no faith in anybody but I still think we can win this game because it's exactly the type of game we win. I think we either win a close one or get destroyed. Doubt it's a draw but I'm dumb.

Oranges038

So pretty much every other game is going to be 2-1 or 1-0 but Liverpool are going rock up Old Trafford and win 5-1.

Right....

FatTails

We haven’t been great this season but it seems like for the past few days, we have been lumped together with Norwich and Watford for some reason. We need to win on Sunday so we stop all this silliness.

Speaking of Watford, he predicted that they’d draw 1-1 with Liverpool at Anfield.

Foxbatt

skySports can get stuffed. There is no way we are going to lose by 5 -1.

Tyrion

SKY are a bunch of cnuts remember when they choose a mixed team with 11 Liverpool players, they’re just scumbags…
They've obviously been better than us over the last 5 years but even then, we finished ahead of them twice. The idea that a combined squad would be 11-0 is silly and they may as well have just said "We think Liverpool will win."

NewYorkRed

I honestly do not know what to expect from this game except that we will be ultra defensive. We could get absolutely shafted, but we could also win 3-1 as I still don’t rate this liverpool team. Guess we’ll find out. I’m fully Ole out, but I hope we smack them.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Absolute nonsense.

Despite our recent struggles no team in the league will be coming to Old Trafford throwing caution to the wind. City, Chelsea, Liverpool... they all will be wary of the riches we have in attack and set up accordingly to nullify/be cautious first and foremost.

Not saying that a Liverpool win is improbable but 1-5 is just being dramatic. I'm expecting a borefest.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
There's no way we are going to score a goal. They are talking rubbish
Ridiculous from Sky. These games are always tight.

More likely to be 0-0 or 1-1 than 1-5 to Liverpool at OT.
It’s realistic
Absolute nonsense.

Despite our recent struggles no team in the league will be coming to Old Trafford throwing caution to the wind. City, Chelsea, Liverpool... they all will be wary of the riches we have in attack and set up accordingly to nullify/be cautious first and foremost.

Not saying that a Liverpool win is improbable but 1-5 is just being dramatic. I'm expecting a borefest.
Absolute nonsense.

Based on that article, Ronaldo hattrick incoming!!
We haven’t been great this season but it seems like for the past few days, we have been lumped together with Norwich and Watford for some reason. We need to win on Sunday so we stop all this silliness.

Speaking of Watford, he predicted that they’d draw 1-1 with Liverpool at Anfield.
So pretty much every other game is going to be 2-1 or 1-0 but Liverpool are going rock up Old Trafford and win 5-1.

Right....
I have no faith in anybody but I still think we can win this game because it's exactly the type of game we win. I think we either win a close one or get destroyed. Doubt it's a draw but I'm dumb.
;)