Smalling / on loan to Roma 1 year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoo

Last edited:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Well that's come out of nowhere

What have we dont for Italy to take so much of our deadwood?

Havak

Pokemon master
Feel like this one might bite us in the arse. He's one of our better squad players and leaving ourselves with Tuanzebe and three crocks seems rather silly. Oh well.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Probably would have preferred him over Jones and Rojo, but oh well. No complaints.

Time all of them are moved on. Good luck to Smalling over there, if the deal is finalised. Always seemed a nice bloke/pro.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Finally all the clowns who keep saying “but he’s a good defender” have one less thing to shout about.

Santos J

Wow didn't expect that. Would've rather Jones/Rojo gone before him and Bailly too but suppose injury keeps him here until Jan at least. Clear out is going well though.

Infestissumam

wow that came out of nowhere.

I like it a lot though. Tuanzebe should be #3 on the depth chart, so letting Smalling go makes sense. Rojo next.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Wants to play and Roma are good club, I'm happy for him. Him making way but Rojo and Darmian still rattling about is a shame.

fps

Increasingly difficult to accuse Solskjaer of failing to clear out the dead wood in the squad.

Marcus

Ole being ruthless. Would have preferred Rojo to go first but oh well.

Stuff like this makes me think Ole might be the right man for the job. He can't clear everyone out in one window but it's obvious he has identified who needs to go.

He'll do well in Serie A.

K13

Is this real?

I can see only rumours nothing concrete.

charlenefan

Hang on I just remembered wasn't he one that signed a new deal earlier this year? WTF was the point? Should have just let him leave on a free

Skills

Snitch
Hang on I just remembered wasn't he one that signed a new deal earlier this year? WTF was the point? Should have just let him leave on a free
Let him leave on a free, when we're getting a 3m loan fee for him?

Snafu17

Would prefer to keep him over Jones and Rojo but it is what it is.

Havak

Pokemon master
They couldn't find a buyer for Smalling in England when Tyrone Minge went for 25M?
It's odd, we refused to loan him to Everton if there's any truth in that because we wanted to force a sale and now we've loaned him to another team. Maybe the board are really scared that Everton could finish above us if we strengthen their overall squad? :lol:

Kind of joking, kind of not...

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Shame, was looking forward to his testimonial at the end of this season.

LVGSdive

I would prefer JonesBailey to go than Smalling. Smalling is either our 2nd or 3rd best centreback behind slab head.

charlenefan

Let him leave on a free, when we're getting a 3m loan fee for him?
In the grand scheme of things though 3m is a drop in the ocean. Who's paying Smalling's wages in this deal? Do they have an obligation to buy him or in 12 months do we have to try and farm him out again? All those things considered is the 3m really worth it?

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Increasingly difficult to accuse Solskjaer of failing to clear out the dead wood in the squad.
Yes, but we needed to bolster our squad in other areas not only get rid of players.

Status
Not open for further replies.