Smalling / on loan to Roma 1 year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alemar

So why don’t we then move Rojo, Jones, Darmian? They are even worse players

led_scholes

Meh
Prefer him than Jones, Rojo and the new Jones, aka Bailly.
I cant believe we sold Blind only to be stuck with all the forever injured players.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
Not good enough but has always acted like a true professional.

Thank you and good luck!

LARulz

Ridiculous, he is one of our better and most senior players

Tiber

Don't get this. He is better than Jones, Rojo and Bailly. Would have moved all 3 on before Smalling

Gomes

Yeah, if it is true, I'm done with this manager.

prateik

This is amazing..
Rebuilding well and truly underway.. I dont care about the results.. this cull needed to happen.. Sell everyone.. start over.

edit: No issues with Smalling.. I like him. But we have had a lot of players for a very long time and they havent worked.. We need to switch things up.

Hope he does well in Italy.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Good news. Players who aren't needed at United need to be moved on. Putting them out on loan at least puts them in the shop window. If Smalling does well at Roma maybe a buyer will appear.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Stuff like this makes me think Ole might be the right man for the job. He can't clear everyone out in one window but it's obvious he has identified who needs to go.

He'll do well in Serie A.
Yep he's been ruthless and it's long overdue, how so many of these players have survived post SAF is anyone's guess (they've basically lucked out due to the ever moving carousel of managers)

Valencia - gone
Young - replaced
Lukaku - sold
Sanchez - loaned out
Smalling - loaned out

Obviously the last 2 return to us in less than a years time but it's a clear signal of intent that if Ole is still in charge at that time they have no future at the club. Looking very likely this time next year we can add at least Darmian's name to the outs if not the likes of Rojo and Matic as well

Canagel

Deadwood FC getting removed one by one. Matic next please.

RedDevilSwe

Supports
Liverpool
So Ole is gambling on Tuanzebe being good enough as a backup.

Coxy

Probably would have preferred him over Jones and Rojo, but oh well. No complaints.

Time all of them are moved on. Good luck to Smalling over there, if the deal is finalised. Always seemed a nice bloke/pro.
Which is probably why he is the one who Roma are interested in.

Yep he's been ruthless and it's long overdue, how so many of these players have survived post SAF is anyone's guess (they've basically lucked out due to the ever moving carousel of managers)

Valencia - gone
Young - replaced
Lukaku - sold
Sanchez - loaned out
Smalling - loaned out

Obviously the last 2 return to us in less than a years time but it's a clear signal of intent that if Ole is still in charge at that time they have no future at the club. Looking very likely this time next year we can add at least Darmian's name to the outs if not the likes of Rojo and Matic as well
We will be hoping that Sanchez and Smalling play well in Italy and are taken permanently, obviously we can't sell Sanchez now due to his wages and Smalling because nobody who could afford him would want him.

It wouldn't surprise me if Ole is happy to keep Darmian around. He is unlikely to cost much, he is versatile and he is capable of filling in without much notice.

Bestietom

Nothing surprises me anymore at this club.
No replacements for Lukaku, Sanchez, Fellaini, and Herera and now Smalling going out on loan before Jones, Rojo, or Darmian.
Crazy, Crazy, Crazy.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
The Baby Faced Assassin is on a roll :eek: Good to see the clearing out of some of the deadwood, we have ample number of centre backs, and players like Smalling have been too comfortable at the club for too long. However, Jones and Rojo should have gone first imo.

(I now await the inevitable defensive injury crisis and seeing McTominay at centre back for a couple of months :nervous:)

Nickosaur

The fact Smalling has gone out the door ahead of Rojo, Jones, Bailly and Darmian is insane. But shows how utterly shite the latter four are.

Smalling will be a top signing tbh.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Weird

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
We will be hoping that Sanchez and Smalling play well in Italy and are taken permanently, obviously we can't sell Sanchez now due to his wages and Smalling because nobody who could afford him would want him.

It wouldn't surprise me if Ole is happy to keep Darmian around. He is unlikely to cost much, he is versatile and he is capable of filling in without much notice.
I'm certainly happy to keep Darmian around for this season, he's a good pro and does ok in the handful of games he's called upon. Please no new contract for him though, feel bad for the lad that he's wasted his best years sitting on the bench here. Let him return to Italy next summer on a free

Status
Not open for further replies.