Smashley Young

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
That doesn't make sense. Why cross into the box if no ones there? That's just wasting possession.

Good crosses create danger or find their teammate. His didn't. Ergo, poor crossing. Same as against Hull. Many of them just go behind the goal.

If there's only one player in the box and none of the other players are making an effort(and it was happening quite often in the first half), then what do you expect him to do?

J

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
If there's only one player in the box and none of the other players are making an effort(and it was happening quite often in the first half), then what do you expect him to do?

J
If he's going to cross, try to find that single player. That he didn't. What his options are is irrelevant. His crosses were poor. He got into many good positions to cross but each time it was a failure. Every single cross against Norwich was aimed at the far post. Most of his crosses are. If a player isn't at the far post, don't put the ball there. Crossing is really about putting the ball where you're team mate is or is going to end up. The other players should also take note that when it's Ashley Young crossing, the ball is probably going to end up at the far post so it might be wise to go there. Young is the one who controls where the ball goes so he should do better.

LR7

Vast improvement in these last few games from where he was earlier in the season. More willing to get on the ball, run at defenders and try to create something, even if it didn't always come off the effort was there for sure.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Young is playing better than he did before, but it's still not that good. Our standard of winger recently has dropped so much that people think of a performance when nothing comes off, a good one because he tried. Trying should be the bare minimum from any United player. What I do like is that he's been more positive in his play, which is a damn sight better than Valencia who is just the most depressing winger at the club.

psychdelicblues

I didn't mean it like that. I meant it that two goals and good performances in two games look like a good thing but in reality they're not because that means he continues to play when he was almost out of the team (it looked like). He's played 6 games in a row now, 4 them he started. He's just not good enough.
So because you don't like him being any near the first team, you hope he does not score or have decent performances in case he get's a run of games. Probably the worst post in this thread.
That's not what I said. I'm not talking about what I want or what I hope. I'm talking hindsight.
If United are not going to upgrade the wide players anytime soon to supplement the promising Januzaj, they need the likes of Young,Valencia and Nani to improve.
It's one thing saying Young is not good enough for the squad let alone the team, but to wish he does not improves his performances so does not get a run of games is not something you expects 'fans' to come out with. You must have been gutted when he scored recently.

RonaldoVII

Young is injured and out "for a time" with a shoulder injury following the Lloris challenge against Spurs. Disappointing as he is on form and in confidence and should be starting.

humdinger

He was finally starting to look half decent. Yep, time for him to get injured.

Our injury record is shocking this season.

soapythecat

I'm sure there will be many blaming Moyes for this injury too!
Gutted actually, as he looks like he may be able to show some of his potential in the style of play Moyes is looking to create. A few months ago, I would have happily chipped in for the settlement fee on his contract, but now, he is well worth his place in the side.
Injuries are proper bumming us this season...

Kostur

海尔的老板
Not only we didn't get a fecking penalty but they've also broken Ashley, good job Webb and Lloris you cnuts.

We're pretty fecked in the wingers department now, Januzaj could probably do with some resting, 14crosses0accurate is having a dip in form, Nani is injured and now Ashley. Kagawa on the wing ? Zaha ?

January is going to be even more fantastic now.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Extended spell? Touch luck, Moyes is running out of options, good or bad....

Manchester United winger Ashley Young is set for an extended spell on the sidelines with a shoulder injury, manager David Moyes confirmed.

The England international was hurt in a collision with Tottenham goalkeeper Hugo Lloris in United's 2-1 loss at Old Trafford, an incident which left Moyes bemoaning Howard Webb's failure to award a penalty.

Moyes was unable to put a timescale on Young's return but the 28-year-old will certainly miss Sunday's FA Cup third-round encounter with Swansea City, while Robin van Persie is still unavailable following a thigh injury.

"We've got a few injuries and one is [from] the challenge the keeper made on Ashley Young, which is going to keep him out for a time," Moyes told reporters.

"It's a shoulder injury and we're not sure exactly how long he's going to be out yet. We've got some other injuries as well that we'll just need to look at and see how they are over the next few days.

Moyes once again reiterated his belief that Young should have had a penalty, but ruled out suggestions video technology should be used to help referee's spot contentious decisions.

He added: "I don't think we're going down the route of video technology, simulation should be one their [referees] allowed to view.

"I wouldn't want videos to come into the game. Goal-line technology is a good situation, it seems to be working well when it's had to work.

"We trust the referees to make the right decisions, like all humans they make wrong ones sometimes. I thought it was the wrong decision against Tottenham, it should have been a penalty."

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Ravel Morrison technical skill in tight position...

Ashley Young....

NAILED IT.

Credit to @CrypticClash in the Newbie's for the Gif.

MDFC Manager

Won't be surprised if he isn't too badly injured. I read that Moyes update as simply trying to put further attention on the disallowed penalty.

Jayvin

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Pexbo I'm sure Young would do just as well in a reserve match. The comparison is stupid.

Chabon

Do we have gifs available of their differing approaches to witness intimidation?

Gladiator

Young must have the highest probability to get injured. In the last two seasons, he just drops down as if he's shot and is out for a lengthy period of time. Not going to help his confidence

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Young must have the highest probability to get injured. In the last two seasons, he just drops down as if he's shot and is out for a lengthy period of time. Not going to help his confidence
I'd be delighted if he'd played his last game for us.

Gladiator

Aye, he pisses me off a lot but since he's a United player I feel compelled to back him

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Do we have gifs available of their differing approaches to witness intimidation?
Well played.

Then he's stealing a living. I could maybe see him get a 60-70k deal elsewhere.
Well he's not is he... because he's played football when asked to play football for Manchester United. So basically, he's getting paid for doing his job - almost the exact opposite of stealing a living.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The lad must be made of glass.

Sure he might have landed awkwardly but I struggle to see how falling over in the way he did could damage his shoulder so badly? It really is ridiculous.

Mersault

Well played.

Well he's not is he... because he's played football when asked to play football for Manchester United. So basically, he's getting paid for doing his job - almost the exact opposite of stealing a living.
It was the end bit of a discussion on the hypothetical notion of Ashley Young refusing to leave if not wanted, I moved from the January transfers thread as it was OT. But with regards to your didactic point AN, it's an expression. It expresses not the semantic logic of the moral concept of stealing and the economic and social construct of wage labour. It exaggeratedly expresses the feeling that Ashley Young is getting far too much money given his level of performance and ability. It's subjective.

Brophs

The One and Only
We missed him tonight. I had no idea who to be angry with in his absence.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
It was the end bit of a discussion on the hypothetical notion of Ashley Young refusing to leave if not wanted, I moved from the January transfers thread as it was OT. But with regards to your didactic point AN, it's an expression. It expresses not the semantic logic of the moral concept of stealing and the economic and social construct of wage labour. It exaggeratedly expresses the feeling that Ashley Young is getting far too much money given his level of performance and ability. It's subjective.
If we can't be arsey, angry and pedantic given this point in time... when can we be?!

Mersault

If we can't be arsey, angry and pedantic given this point in time... when can we be?!
ha.

well, I was being pedantic and arsey myself. just not angry, the season despite it's disappointments has, for me, been more interesting than the last few. there are still plenty of ways it can play out (not just the season but the new era) and that's exciting really..

Ludens the Red

Wage thief.
He's stealing a wage from this football club.
All the money our fans put into the club, he's stealing that money and pissing on the fans.

He got picked today and most United fans with a braincell shuddered, then there were others who proclaimed "he helps Evra out".

Of course really he doesn't. Chelsea first two goals were from the right hand side, on both occasions Ashley Young stood there ball watching just like he did against Man city earlier in the season when he was picked for "defensive duties".

A few others stated Januzaj would not do a job going back and that Young would help on counter attacks as well.
As expected that was a nonsense theory, Young did feck all defensively and feck all offensively, it turned out the only time we carried a threat from the left was when Januzaj went out there, making Ashley Youngs inclusion in today's match completely pointless. Shock horror.

"I'll take some set pieces". How many rotten free kicks and rotten corners does this guy have to take before someone says "hey step back". Why does he continually put himself forward for something he's not good at doing.

No desire, no balls, no talent, no ability, nothing, absolute diddly squat, yet our managers continue to pick him, he runs out there with his stupid fecking long arms and his stupid fecking hunchback and his stupid fecking boots and his stupid fecking haircut and his stupid fecking gloves, diving all over the place, taking home over 100k a week.

Repeated shitness can be tolerated to some extent, (see Valencia and Evra, at least they're trying and appear visibly upset by our crapness this season). But this guy? Looks like he couldn't give a feck. What is it that he does that makes Manchester United managers think "Oh I'm going to pick Young today". I'd love to know. Is it this imaginary defensive stability that he brings? Or this imaginary ability to produce a good cross? or this imaginary ability to deliver one competent set piece?

Just go away Young, just go.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
How does this guy constantly get trusted to take our set pieces? His are even worse than Nani's.
He manages to hit the first man every time, no matter how close or far that first man is. It's actually impressive.