Smashley Young

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
He's scored 3 of our best goals this season. feck's sake, on the one hand he's useless, on the other hand he scores out of nowhere, one hell of a dilemna

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I don't like Young (because he's crap and an awful diver) but you could argue he's shown more attitude than a lot of our other players. He gets more abuse than pretty much everyone else and media criticism on top of that but has at least scored a few goals when he was put back into the team. Nowhere near good enough but at least he's not all bad.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Man of the match tonight. Let the abuse commence.
Hate him but he's delivered in games recently, despite his overall play being mostly poor. Above Valencia all day long for me, maybe wouldn't be a bad impact sub if we're chasing a game - certainly better than Valencia would be...

Eugenius

He's scored 3 of our best goals this season. feck's sake, on the one hand he's useless, on the other hand he scores out of nowhere, one hell of a dilemna
He's a useful squad player. Shouldn't be starting for us unless we are rotating/have injuries. He's a bit shit at times but does make genuine match winning contributions when he has a bit of confidence. Should be above Valencia in the pecking order at the least right now.

Godfather

I gave him shit for his first half. But feck me 1 perfect cross and one hell of a hit. You can't hate the guy.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Anyone who would rather Kagawa or Nani start over Young are basing it off anything off the field.
To be fair, both Kagawa and Nani are far more talented than Young and have previously played to a level he isn't anywhere near capable of.

Anyway, did well today.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I often give him stick, but he's played well in a number of games this season, and he was our best performer tonight. Did well defensively, and played a huge part in both goals. The cross for the first goal was excellent, and his strike was belting too. We know he's capable of it. He just needs to keep doing it.

He kept things simple, and didn't over elaborate. It's when he fannies about, turning in and out until he gets tackled, that's the shit Young we don't want to see. When he's direct, picks the right passes and gets the ball in the box early, he's effective.

Good performance. He's practically picked himself for the Stoke game I think.

Kag

Anyone who would rather Kagawa or Nani start over Young are basing it off anything off the field.
No they're not. They're basing on the belief that their all round games are better than Young's, which is true.

Good goal for him tonight, fair play. His all round game is still very dour though. A good game nonetheless.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Or would rather see players on the pitch more likely to form part of a fluid attacking side...

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
He always cuts on his right foot, he should always hit it too. Better than his in-swinging crosses.

30 goals+assists, he's getting there. Ciderman was right.

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
He's been our match winner in a few games this season and was our best player tonight by a distance. Still got abuse in the match forum from people who can't see past their pre conceptions.

Well done Ash.

He really looked up for it tonight. Why can't we see that more often? It finally looked like he was playing for his future out there.

That strike was just class. We know he's got it in his locker so he needs to show it more often. Otherwise I was impressed by the effort he put in up and down that wing. Some of his crossing and link play were incisive and led to decent opportunities for us. These kind of performances will create a nice dilemma for us.

mic.m

likes to be nude when popping out baked brownies
Today was one of his better games. Created the 1st goal and scored the 2nd. Hee's still a frustrating player though.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Extremely vital and dynamic. Good decisions and he presented some quality winger worthy technique. We were looking at that cunning Ashley Young from his Villa days, today.

Can he play like that for the rest of the season ? Please.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Young was involved in any of the decent interplay tonight. Infact he was one of the only ones who looked capable.

But yeah, Nani ftw.
Yeah, he's not incapable - I was just disagreeing with Twigginator's comments that they're must be some sort of non-football related reason for preferring Nani and Kagawa to start. Those two haven't exactly set the world alight in recent times, but they're more likely to have the consistency of technique required for a functional attacking side.

Mister Ed

He is a level above Valencia, if he is in his best form (needs to be fit and get games to get there) he can be a very decent and usefull player for us. He was quality in his time at Villa and his first season here was pretty decent (scored like 8 goals for us). He has been a bit unfortunate with injurries just like Nani, but overall he is a decent player and he doesn't deserve all the criticisme he is getting.

He'll never be one of the best, he'll never be a game changer like RVP, Rooney or Mata (Januzaj in good time) but he shows more in games than Valencia and Kagawa for example. I like his attitude better, he works and tries harder to get us goals. It ain't always perfect and it ain't always pretty but alot of people are making it worse than it really is. The one big issue probably is his wage (he simply earns too much atm) and he also doesn't make it easy on himself with all the diving, I guess that is why people really like to single him out and put all the blame on him. If he is fit and he gets game time and the team around him is working fine than he is a decent enough player for us and he deserves to get his chances.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
He looks confident and fired up recently. Certainly making a case for his future as a Manchester United player.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
No they're not. They're basing on the belief that their all round games are better than Young's, which is true.

Good goal for him tonight, fair play. His all round game is still very dour though. A good game nonetheless.
Kagawa has done nothing at all to suggest his play is better than what Ashley has offered us/

Kag

Kagawa has done nothing at all to suggest his play is better than what Ashley has offered us/
He has, because it's evident that his general touch, passing, vision and technique is on another level. Likewise Nani.

I don't get some people. For you it clearly wasn't enough to come in and say "good lad, Ash," instead, you're using Young's good performance as a stick to beat on two players that weren't even on the pitch. Why?

Many people would rather play Nani or Kagawa ahead of Young because they think that those two are better footballers. There's nothing "off the field" about it.

datura

He was out best player today, intelligent movement and use of the ball and could have had a couple of goals and a couple of assists. He also seems to work the best with Evra of any of our left sided options. I think he's unfairly maligned on here.