Smashley Young

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Tiote and Hamsik :drool:

Woodzy

De Gea next week then, and then we'll just spend the rest of pre-season wanking over potential CM's only for eventual deadline day disappointment.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'll reserve judgement til he plays a bit for us but I don't see how he fits in. I have slightly come around the the idea of having him, I was wrong about Valencia too so maybe in 6 months time I'll quote this laughing wondering why I was so skeptical.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Superb to have it confirmed. Improves the squad and is still Young (excuse the punn!)

Eirik Raude

Good back up for our main wingers
Do you think we have bought one of the best wingers in the league to play as a back up? I certainly hope not. I hope he will be as regular as a player can possibly be in the rotating system we have. He can easily play central as well as on the wing.

Mojo_pin

From 07/08-10/11, Ashley Young has provided 30 dead ball league assists: 7.5 per year. #MUFC's best Nani has averaged 4.25. Improvement.

Young's dead ball assist rate from last 4 years of 7.5 per season is better than Beckham - who averaged 4.77 per season in his #MUFC career.

47% of Ashley Young's career league goals have come away from home, compared to Valencia's 31% and Nani's 25%. #MUFC

Ashley Young has scored 32 goals in the Premier League - 100% on his right foot, 34.4% from outside the box, 37.5% from dead balls. #MUFC

Ashley Young is 7th on the PL assist rate list with 0.46 assists per game, behind Giggs, Bergkamp, Cantona, Fabregas, Henry & Beckham. #MUFC

5 – Ashley Young won more penalties than any other player in the 2010/11 Premier League season, winning 5 of Villa’s 6 spot kicks. Tricky.

44 – Since the start of the 2006/07 season, only Cesc Fabregas (60) has made more PL assists than Ashley Young (44). Creator.

Unam333

Kinda meh signing. Not too excited about it, especially because we have good players in our wing department. Now let's target our Scholes replacement.

ciderman9000000

4 signings would be pretty remarkable. If I'm not mistaken didn't SAF say 3?
Goddamnit, I forgot that there're strict limitations on these things based on one line from a press conference ages ago :( The FA need to lift this draconian ruling if we're to compete with the best teams like City!

Drifter

American
If anything he's likely to take the left and let Nani have the right. Valencia is the one in trouble more than anything.
The way SAF talked of Valencia i doubt it.It's a great headache for him to have.

Crustanoid

Thought he was shit 6 months ago but now that we have signed him think he is one of the best attackers in the league
I didn't think he was shit, but my opinion of him has been revised massively in the few seconds between him nearly being a United player to actually becoming a United player. He is now on a par with Messi in my eyes.

Kelvin

New team-mate Rio Ferdinand was quick to hail his international colleague's move to Old Trafford.

Ferdinand wrote on Twitter: "Welcoming Ashley Young to Manchester United. Another top, hungry and young player joins the ranks."

Baby Faced Assassin

Pastor of Muppets
Ashley Young: "The opportunity to come and play for one of the biggest clubs in the world is one I couldn't turn down." #MUFC

Lynk

Young, Valencia, Nani, Giggs feeding Chicharito and Rooney. :drool:

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Do you think we have bought one of the best wingers in the league to play as a back up? I certainly hope not. I hope he will be as regular as a player can possibly be in the rotating system we have. He can easily play central as well as on the wing.
Who would he replace then? Nani (the best winger) or Valencia (top winger as well)?

Red-Indian

What a collection of wingers - Nani, Valencia, Young and Park with Cleverly and even Giggs available as backup. Its got to be the best in the world easily.

I wonder what Fergie intends to do about Central Midfield. We've spent a lot of money - maybe around 50mn on these 3 signings, two of which very few would have identified as being in need of stregthening.

If we do go for another big buy for the centre, we could end up spending about 75 net. A real landmark year in our transfer spend.

Lynk

"It's a chance to... hopefully become part of the history by helping to win the 20th title." he said. "It's a prospect I always looked at from being a child: to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world."

Eirik Raude

Who would he replace then? Nani (the best winger) or Valencia (top winger as well)?
As I said, he can also play central attacking, which he will do to some extent. Also, Nani and Valencia won't play every game, which is something you would know if you followed United this season. And when it comes to who is better of those three, I rate Nani the highest, and Young just above Valencia, based on the last two seasons. He will replace no one, just give us more options and attacking quality.

Anduin

Nani, Valencia, Young, Park. Best set of wingers in Europe by a country mile. We can now give our players a proper rest when games come thick and fast... I still remember the start of the year, Park came back from Asia injured, Valencia was still out and Nani/Giggs had to play every game... we even used Gibson, Fletcher and Rooney out wide for a couple of games. Excellent signing IMHO.