Smashley Young

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I don't see him being a let down simply because there aren't that many of us expecting him to be our big hope for the future.

I think it's a good time to get him. He's gaining confidence from his role and personal success with the England team and he's of the right age to push on now with better players around him.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
£15 million according to Sky Sports News.

A really good signing that is a far better option on the left than both Park and Nani.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I only bumped that other one so people could see what we thought of him years ago the thread was made in 2006.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I only bumped that other one so people could see what we thought of him years ago the thread was made in 2006.
Aye, that thread was interesting in the context of one or two people saying "you're all only saying he's good now we've signed him". The overwhelming consensus in that old thread was that he's a very good young player.

MUFC07

Some people here are great: when we signed Valencia for a higher fee they all said "Valencia? Good but not United quality!" "we've been ripped off" "he is gonna be a good squad player, but 17m is outrageous"; on Xmas that same year everyone was wanking all over him because he turned out to be a great fecking signing, some even said he was a bargain, and the threads read "always trust the old man".

Now we have the exact same case with Ashley Young and people asre STILL making the same old stupid comments.

Allforone

United could spend £85million on David De Gea, Phi
Great signing, perfectly suited to our style of play which is heavily focussed on width and pace on the counter, Youngs been consistently one of the best attacking players in the league for years now in an average side (as backed up by his stats) quality player that gives us numerous options in the forward line next season.

All this rubbish about Nani now having to leave or how he must be leaving i really dont understand its as if people have totally ignored where Young has flourished for the last 12 months at Villa and the fact that Nani and Valencia aren't going to play every single week of the season, as we saw last season one injury to either and we were left light for a large period of the season, it seems to be totally overlooked that its very possible we could play all 3 of them at any given time as well as the fact we now have someone who's comfortable playing on the left more so than maybe Valencia or Nani or at least arguably better suited.

Plenty of options available to us now:

Valencia - Young - Nani

.............Rooney

Valencia - Rooney - Young

.............Hernandez

Nani - Rooney - Young

.......Hernandez

Valencia - Young - Nani

............Hernandez

And thats without including the likes of Berbatov/Park/Giggs/Owen etc, our attacking options look very good for next season, if only we could sort out that bastard midfield.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Talking about the deepness of our squad !

I'm very happy for this signing and happy for Ashley of course. He's a kind of player that will be able to show some solid football on the highest club level.

Park, Valencia, Nani, Young.... United game is based on wingers and this is what we need, too.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Utter an total waste of money. Mark my words he will be a let down.
Marked

He is about one of the most safest bets that he will become a valuable squad player

These are the types of signings Arse and Liverpool need desperately. But Fergie is the only one smart enough to pursue

Ekeke

Finally the England national team will have a regular LM aswell. I can't help but think this move will push him to become a England regular.
I think its safe to say that on the strength of his last 3 or 4 games for England, he's already the most assured starter of England's wingers

VivaRonaldo7

What would posess you to drop a syllable, thus making a name that fitted the song in the first place stop fitting it?

Am I missing something?:confused:
Sorry mate.

Viva Ashley Young, Viva Ashley Young, Running down the wing, Hear United sing, Viva Ashley Young!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALTOGETHER NOW VIVA ASHLEY YOUNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

scottish_red

could Young perform an Ineista role for us? running from midfield at & past people. Is his short passing game up to scratch for that?

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
He could try, but playing the Iniesta role usually requires being one of the best players in the world.

It requires technique out of this world and a system to accommodate a space in midfield when he bombs forward.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
I swear he put my post into google translate, english to Cambodian or something.

It makes no sense, I'm still confused.

I'm putting him in the deranged file
It doesn't make any sense, I've tried to apply all different types of context to you post, but nothing works to make his post rational. What I've done is tried to explain what he could have meant, or intepreted from your post:

Looks smart as feck, is there anything cooler than a suit jacket?

Anyway, he mentioned the 20th title - go and take it Ashley - be champion.

Looks smart as feck - "His agent is black."
Is there anything cooler than a suit jacket? - "So much for the claim that some posters on the Caf are racist"
Anyway, he mentioned the 20th title - "Turns out it was just an educated guess."

On the reverse:

"PS: Its called a blazer" - I am mentally deficient. Let this be known.

decorativeed

Just having a browse of the comments on here: Ashley Young: I couldn't turn Manchester United down | Manchester Evening News - menmedia.co.uk

It's as though the story is about Young turning up for the museum and tour and being caught shitting in the Premier League trophy. We've an embarrassment of riches when it comes to spoiled wankers claiming to be supporters. Apparently this signing does not signal a positive step to add quality to the squad and anticipate the imminant retirement of another of our aging players, but is a sign that we have no ambition left and have done spending for the year.

scottish_red

He could try, but playing the Iniesta role usually requires being one of the best players in the world.

It requires technique out of this world and a system to accommodate a space in midfield when he bombs forward.
i actually rate Youngs technique and balance as very good, obviously not upto to Iniesta standards but still better than most.

I just wonder if we could play him in a 3 man midfield, being the more advanced of the 3, with Carrick and Anderson behind. Would be devastating counter attacking play if anything.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
It doesn't make any sense, I've tried to apply all different types of context to you post, but nothing works to make his post rational. What I've done is tried to explain what he could have meant, or intepreted from your post:

Looks smart as feck - "His agent is black."
Is there anything cooler than a suit jacket? - "So much for the claim that some posters on the Caf are racist"
Anyway, he mentioned the 20th title - "Turns out it was just an educated guess."

On the reverse:

"PS: Its called a blazer" - I am mentally deficient. Let this be known.
:lol::lol:

I'm still confused if I'm honest. Maybe it was a cry for help - just to clarify I am not SCOPE or the MIND foundation, please contact your nearest charity.

Not me.

Sam

Really excited by this signing. It's always good to sign quality young English players, and it makes our squad even stronger.

Oh, and some of you really are spoilt feckers. We sign a quality player, with proven PL pedigree, and all you can do is moan. Just because it's not Ashley Younginiho from Brazil its seen as a 'meh' signing.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Just having a browse of the comments on here: Ashley Young: I couldn't turn Manchester United down | Manchester Evening News - menmedia.co.uk

It's as though the story is about Young turning up for the museum and tour and being caught shitting in the Premier League trophy. We've an embarrassment of riches when it comes to spoiled wankers claiming to be supporters. Apparently this signing does not signal a positive step to add quality to the squad and anticipate the imminant retirement of another of our aging players, but is a sign that we have no ambition left and have done spending for the year.
To be honest I dont have an issue with those who are still saying they dont rate him or dont think it will be a good signing. People are entitled to an opinion of a player. There has been signings in the past when I have not agreed with them too.

I have more of an issue with those who claimed he was shite and nowhere near Utd quality just a few short months ago and now are suddenly big fans of the player

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Really excited by this signing. It's always good to sign quality young English players, and it makes our squad even stronger.

Oh, and some of you really are spoilt feckers. We sign a quality player, with proven PL pedigree, and all you can do is moan. Just because it's not Ashley Younginiho from Brazil its seen as a 'meh' signing.
I'd say the majority on here are in favour.