Smashley Young

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
So tomorrow, can we expect another combo of Young dive => penalty ?
I'd love it to see happening
Mate if it happens against City and we win the title through it I will ROFL Monday week night long!

izzydiggler

Not to blame for tonight's 'performance' but I'm getting pissed off with his fondness of directing his corners straight into the first defender's shins.

Bape

Has anyone else not been particularly impressed with Young? I think he's a good player, but I'm not sure he's completely met my expectations. During his time at Villa, his crossing abilities was one of his main attributes, but his delivery more often than not has been poor, whether its a corner, crossing, or picking a final pass. He also seems incapable of beating his man, or making the most of his blistering pace. What he has impressed on is his eye for a goal and finishing. But being a right footed player on the left side, he's either very predictable when cutting in or not being able to cross on his weaker foot, Nani is far more effective on the left for me. I can't help but think we'll benefit a lot more from a left footed player.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He was very poor when he came on last night to be honest. I'd have been looking for a lot more of an impact from him.

manusteve

I haven't been impressed with him but I think there is scope for him to play second striker. SAF himself mentioned this before but it doesn't seem to have been tested yet in matches.
There's no real problem of wingers apparently on the wrong side, e.g. Ribery and Robben for Bayern. Messi spends a lot of time cutting in from the left. And Ronaldo hardly makes it to the right for Real.

manusteve

His curler is immaculate though! Gets it perfect or close more than Rooney or Nani does.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
I'd like us to see us try out Young as a second striker/attacking central midfielder aswell. I'm sure i've seen him there a couple of times with England behind Rooney and i think he had a season centrally with Villa.

Surely

-------Carrick-----Scholes-------

Valencia-----Young--------Nani

-------------Rooney-----------

I think that personnel may have fared a lot better last night. More pacy, dynamic and interchangeable. We'd have surely been more of a threat offensively and still put in a decent shift without the ball.

Bape

I haven't been impressed with him but I think there is scope for him to play second striker. SAF himself mentioned this before but it doesn't seem to have been tested yet in matches.
There's no real problem of wingers apparently on the wrong side, e.g. Ribery and Robben for Bayern. Messi spends a lot of time cutting in from the left. And Ronaldo hardly makes it to the right for Real.
He's looked very ordinary whenever he's played in the middle, I don't think he's creative enough to play as a second striker, not enough to displace Rooney anyway. It's definitely not a problem for wingers on the wrong side, but seeing as Nani can do pretty much everything Young can do but better, a left footed player would give us a different option and an added dimension on the left. Young for me is another option for us on the wing, but not a different option that brings different qualities.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
He dives when he wants, he dives when he waaaaants. Ashley Young, he dives when he wants.

:lol:

izzydiggler

His delivery from crosses and corners is atrocious at times - I thought that was supposed to be a strong point of his?

tintedsepia

Some poor passes in the first half. Needs to be able to use his left foot to cross. When he's confident there he'll be a fine player for us.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
First half I thought he was pretty crap but as seemingly is the norm with Young though he's still capable to scoring very very good goals regardless. Second half he, Smalling and Ferdinand looked like the only ones who really had any hunger and urgency so he gets props for that

noodlehair

"It's like..."
He kept dropping crosses right into the centre of their box in the first half and not once did anyone capitalise on it.

He also seemed to cover more ground in one half of football than I've ever seen a winger who isn't David Beckham cover...and then he scored with a composed finish when our two strikers were snatching at everything in sight.

Second half they seemed to mark him out of it. He was still charging around like a madman though...I ended up feeling a bit sorry for him.

Laphroaig

Terrific today, looked the hungriest player on the pitch. Should've had a penalty of course, but it's understandable that the ref thought twice about it. I only wish all players got the same treatmentn

Smores

He was fantastic today, anyone who thinks otherwise should give up watching football. I feel a lot more confident about our left wing when he's playing as we know he'll provide some defensive cover for Evra.

We really do have some great attacking options in this United team.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Terrific today, looked the hungriest player on the pitch. Should've had a penalty of course, but it's understandable that the ref thought twice about it. I only wish all players got the same treatmentn
Agree on all counts. He was very much the Ashley Young we saw in August again today. Really wanted it and kept pushing even deep into the second half when you could see some people had given up.

Its ridiculous that Young didn't get a penalty because he now has a "reputation" as if Young is any different to the likes of Gerrard and Drogba who are equally prone to going down easily and yet get the calls 9 times out of 10. If those tackles would've been made on anyone else in the world even the likes of Robben and Di Maria the ref would've given the penalty. The mentality of the English media to single out Young from the thousands of footballers who go down softly week in week out...:rolleyes: