Smashley Young

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Apparently Wes Brown was in there as well? No idea about the validity of that claim though.

Edit - Rather humerous picture of Ashley Young in the away end, mainly due to the expression on the face of the guy to the right...

I thought that was Ballotelli photoshopped in for a sec :lol:

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
I love Danny but Young is the better player on the left and his stats year to year are very impressive including a very good first year with us seeing him win us a few games with his nice finishing.

People on here just don't like him because he dives and had a shitty Euro.

Pretty sure Young would have scored yesterday if he was in Welbeck's spot.

Like I said I love Danny but prefer him in a 2 striker system with RVP or Rooney.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
He is a very good backup winger on United.

Rather be that than one of the best players on Villa.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I always forget that he plays for us.

Quality to see him in with the away support.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I miss him in the squad
To my suprise, I agree with you. Young frustrates the crap out of me at times, but it really would be nice to see him back in contention now after returning from injury. I'm sure I read somewhere that he only had a goal/assist less than Nani last season - and we all know how good of a season Nani had.

If we do play the 4-3-2-1 formation, then Young will fit in like a glove. It would give the ability for him to play on the wing as well as his other position behind the attacker.

Cina

To my suprise, I agree with you. Young frustrates the crap out of me at times, but it really would be nice to see him back in contention now after returning from injury. I'm sure I read somewhere that he only had a goal/assist less than Nani last season - and we all know how good of a season Nani had.

If we do play the 4-3-2-1 formation, then Young will fit in like a glove. It would give the ability for him to play on the wing as well as his other position behind the attacker.
Not a very good one for a player of his ability.

Valencia would have been a better example.

Coca Cola

One balled wonder
With Nani and Valencia both struggling so far this season it's good to have him fit to have an extra option on the wings.

I think he's underrated here.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I thought he was excellent today. Very impressed... especially for the first game back after an injury.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Ahh, I must be in the minority. I thought it was quite telling in the first half that everything went down the right hand side - he was very ineffectual in that half in my opinion; didn't look for the ball enough and lost the ball needlessly his share of times. Decent defensively and a good ball over the top in the second half, though. Didn't really expect anything more than that given his lay off, but thought it was a very strange decision to play him before the match and still do now!

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
He lost the ball twice. Both weren't great moments for him. But in general in the 1st half he was hugely important for us. He protected Evra a hell of a lot. And at times his link up play was very impressive.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Did good in keeping posession, and I was really pleased with that,and was good in defence, but I don't think he did anything special in attack.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The number of people calling for him to be subbed at HT was staggering. He's hugely under appreciated on here in my humble opinion.

Plechazunga

Grammar partisan who sleeps with a real life Ryan
Where Albert Stubbins scored a diving header
I thought he was shite, but he did cover a lot of ground defensively. His confidence is incredibly low, as it was before his injury, and you can see the other players don't really want to pass to him.

Strange decision to play him. But I'm glad to have him back as an option.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Did good in keeping posession, and I was really pleased with that,and was good in defence, but I don't think he did anything special in attack.
... He played a huge part in the opening goal! And his run got Ivanovic sent off!

He made 51 passes today compared to Valencia's 30 (with an 86% completion rate compared to Tony's 87%) so he was definitely getting amongst the game, especially in the second half I thought. On top of that, he took up some good positions, made decent runs, showed some decent touches and offered great support to Evra. All in all, a very very good performance from the lad.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
He was awful. Lacked sharpness and confidence and kept letting people run off him all the time and then chasing haplessly after them.

Can see why we started him from a tactical point of view, but I'd have had him off as the first sub because he wasn't on his game at all.

What games do you lot watch?

Cina

He had a good first half hour and was poor for the rest of the game. A bit like us overall.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
He was awful. Lacked sharpness and confidence and kept letting people run off him all the time and then chasing haplessly after them.

Can see why we started him from a tactical point of view, but I'd have had him off as the first sub because he wasn't on his game at all.

What games do you lot watch?
Obviously a different one than you. I totally disagree with you

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
I thought he was shite, but he did cover a lot of ground defensively. His confidence is incredibly low, as it was before his injury, and you can see the other players don't really want to pass to him.

Strange decision to play him. But I'm glad to have him back as an option.
Agreed. Looked like he wanted nothing to do with the ball at times! When he did get it he didn't look like he wanted to do too much with it either. Think opinions in this thread would have been very different had we lost.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Those passing stats prove feck all.

My biggest issue with Young is that he never beats his man anymore, he'll just cut back and play a simple pass infield, which isn't what you want from your wingers.