"Smith Must Prove To Me He Is Worthy..

Dubai_Devil

..of wearing the United shirt". Heard this from quite a few posters on hear. My question is who the feck are you for him to prove anything to you guys. I would have thought that he has to prove his worth to the manager, but what do I know eh.

Nem 7

Well if he doesn't prove himself, and the fans boo him. That'll make Alex look stupid.

Duuuuuuh.

Dominant

Nem 7 said:
Well if he doesn't prove himself, and the fans boo him. That'll make Alex look stupid.

Duuuuuuh.
Any fans who publicly boo any man utd players off the pitch are not fans, just bandwagon fans.

and it's them who look stupid, not SAF.

Nem 7

Dominant said:
Any fans who publicly boo any man utd players off the pitch are not fans, just bandwagon fans.

The fans pay good money to see their team, and if players don't preform then they deserve to be booed.

They don't get paid 30/40/50k a week to play badly.

Look at Giggs last season. After a few weeks of boo's, he fixed up.

Keane16

Redcafe Minister for Guinness Therapy
Nem 7 said:
The fans pay good money to see their team, and if players don't preform then they deserve to be booed.

Where does one start..... :rolleyes:

Nem 7

Keane16 said:
Where does one start..... :rolleyes:
You can start by saying how good of a point I put across. Then you can tell me how great I am for being so smart.

Just a suggestion.

quiet_united

Vietnamese Red
"Should it matter that Alan Smith is from Leeds? Should it heck."
Wilf McGuinness

Dominant

Nem 7 said:

IMO, those "fans" who booed giggs last season are pathetic wankers.

sums it up.

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
Nem 7 said:

And completely undeserved, Giggs has always been inconsistant but he is always a threat.

Ixion

I've never rated Smith and I don't see how he is good enough to get into our team, but I wouldn't dare dream of booing him, and I think booing anyone from your team is disgraceful.

Keane16

Nem 7 said:
You can start by saying how good of a point I put across. Then you can tell me how great I am for being so smart.

Just a suggestion.
I'm not even remotely arsed dealing with knobs like you - I'm just glad you had a thought - and didn't start another thread about it.

Nem 7

Dominant said:
IMO, those "fans" who booed giggs last season are pathetic wankers.

sums it up.
Yeah, that's a great opinion to have.

quiet_united, I don't think anyone has a problem with him being Leeds born and bred, that rarely matters in professional football.

I have a problem with him putting down the club when it suited him and apprently singing Munich songs.

Not only that, he's a pathetic striker. Last week we tried to sign Torres, now we settle for him?

Dominant

Nem 7 said:
I have a problem with him putting down the club when it suited him and apprently singing Munich songs.

Not only that, he's a pathetic striker. Last week we tried to sign Torres, now we settle for him?
Calm down, we never know for sure whether he did sang those songs or not, but we choose to believe he did, just because it's suits our agenda, and because he's from leeds.

Dunno why, but i just felt we were never going to get Torres, don't think he'll come.

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
Nem 7 said:
Yeah, that's a great opinion to have.
It is, its only idiots that would boo a player that gives his all and has for years, a player that has been instrumental in taking our club to its most succesfull period in history.

Nem 7

Dominant said:
Calm down, we never know for sure whether he did sang those songs or not, but we choose to believe he did, just because it's suits our agenda, and because he's from leeds.

Dunno why, but i just felt we were never going to get Torres, don't think he'll come.
With Athletico in financial trouble and no real president, now would be the best time to poach.

I just don't understand why we sign Smith when there are SO MANY BETTER alternatives.

Angel
Drogba
Kanoute
Rooney
Morientes

They probably wouldn't come cheap but that's quality.

Most would argue, "put him in a good team, and he'll play well" so by that theory, why don't we sign Heskey while we're at it?

Nem 7

Mozza said:
It is, its only idiots that would boo a player that gives his all and has for years, a player that has been instrumental in taking our club to its most succesfull period in history.
I agree 100%.

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
Most would argue, "put him in a good team, and he'll play well" so by that theory, why don't we sign Heskey while we're at it?

Heskey is poor - Smith is not, in a quality team he did very well, in our quality team he will again.

Dominant

Angel - you are kidding right? anyway, don't think he'll come, seems to like villa, and he's a south american...

Drogba - over-hyped IMO. never the new henry.

Kanoute - sorry, i don't like this guy.

Rooney - he's good, but like you say, will cost a bomb.

Morientes - very good striker, but sometimes just TOO lazy, see the CL final against Porto.

Nem 7

Mozza said:

Heskey is poor - Smith is not, in a quality team he did very well, in our quality team he will again.
In a quality team? Ok then.

Lets say he was in a quality team between 2000 and 2003

He scored a grand total of 22 goals.

Real good.

Nem 7

Mozza said:
Well your the one advocating booing as a method for geeing up Giggs, cant hold a position over 5 posts, tit.
Yeah, I stated that after he got booed for a dip in form, he quickly found his feet again.

Not once did I say it should happen to him.

You're reading to much into things, maybe you should go to bed.

Nem 7

Dominant said:
Angel - you are kidding right? anyway, don't think he'll come, seems to like villa, and he's a south american...

Drogba - over-hyped IMO. never the new henry.

Kanoute - sorry, i don't like this guy.

Rooney - he's good, but like you say, will cost a bomb.

Morientes - very good striker, but sometimes just TOO lazy, see the CL final against Porto.
Angel may be south american but he's adapted to the English game great, 20 goals at Villa? That's good enough for me.

Drogba, yeah he's over-hyped but his style would compliment Rudd's.

Kanoute, classy striker.

Rooney, ditto.

Morientes, I agree but that all depends on the motivation of the coach so..

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
Nem 7 said:
Yeah, I stated that after he got booed for a dip in form, he quickly found his feet again.

Not once did I say it should happen to him.

You're reading to much into things, maybe you should go to bed.
How exactly am I to read someone posting that Giggs getting booed made him play better? You pointing out the supposed positive effect of the booing can only mean you support it, for which you are a tit.

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
Nem 7 said:
In a quality team? Ok then.

Lets say he was in a quality team between 2000 and 2003

He scored a grand total of 22 goals.

Real good.
Nope, Id say Leeds went down hill pretty quickly after there high in 2001, Oleary left the next year.

Nem 7

I could see this coming.

Alright.

By last season, I was talking in past tense, when he was booed at O.T when we played Blackburn I think it was in the League Cup Semi Final. Season 02/03.

Next. I didn't agree with players getting booed by their own fans but on the other hand, the same fans pay money and have a certain level of expectation from the players, if they players should fail to fufil their expectations then the fans have every right to let the player know their feelings, wether it be booing or otherwise. I'm not saying I agree or support it, but I do understand.

I didn't think Giggs should have been booed, because of what he's done for us, but if Alan Smith suffered the same dip in form and he got booed, I wouldn't be one to complain.

Understand yet?

Dominant

Nem 7 said:
I didn't think Giggs should have been booed, because of what he's done for us, but if Alan Smith suffered the same dip in form and he got booed, I wouldn't be one to complain.

Understand yet?
Sorry, still no case.

Whatever the circumstances, to boo your own players is disgraceful.

Forza Viola

Dominant said:

Ralph Milne? Arthur Graham? The unmentionable Jovanovic? They clearly didn't deserve to wear the shirt, and deservedly got a slating despite there being no bandwagon anywhere near the vicinity of OT :) Obsequious support is every bit as irksome as bandwagon types in my opinion. It is possible for someone in a red shirt to do wrong.

All that said Alan Smith doesn't fit this bracket in the slightest, and is the best signing Ferguson has made for a couple of years.

Nem 7

Dominant said:
Sorry, still no case.

Whatever the circumstances, to boo your own players is disgraceful.
It happens, deal with it.

Our fans have done it, other fans have done it.

It's part of football.

Keane16

Nem 7 said:
I could see this coming.

Alright.

By last season, I was talking in past tense, when he was booed at O.T when we played Blackburn I think it was in the League Cup Semi Final. Season 02/03.

Next. I didn't agree with players getting booed by their own fans but on the other hand, the same fans pay money and have a certain level of expectation from the players, if they players should fail to fufil their expectations then the fans have every right to let the player know their feelings, wether it be booing or otherwise. I'm not saying I agree or support it, but I do understand.

Understand yet?
No, 'cos your talking shit.

Basically you don't agree with Giggs getting booed in the past, but you do agree with Smith getting booed in the future and on the general concept of booing you are unclear, as you understand it and you reckon they deserve it, but you don't agree or support it.

This coming after you were found to be a waffler is a bit hard to take.

Dominant

Forza Viola said:
Ralph Milne? Arthur Graham? The unmentionable Jovanovic? They clearly didn't deserve to wear the shirt, and deservedly got a slating despite there being no bandwagon anywhere near the vicinity of OT :) Obsequious support is every bit as irksome as bandwagon types in my opinion. It is possible for someone in a red shirt to do wrong.

All that said Alan Smith doesn't fit this bracket in the slightest, and is the best signing Ferguson has made for a couple of years.
I was too young to have seen those players. only speaking from what i have seen since i supported the club.

and yes, i agree with you regarding smith, got a sneaky feeling he's come good, real good.

:smirk:

Dominant

Nem 7 said:
It happens, deal with it.

Our fans have done it, other fans have done it.

It's part of football.
Other fans have do it, fair enough, feck all to do with me.

our "fans" have done it, sorry, i don't class those boo boys as fans.

Nem 7

Keane16 said:
No, 'cos your talking shit.

Basically you don't agree with Giggs getting booed in the past, but you do agree with Smith getting booed in the future and on the general concept of booing you are unclear, as you understand it and you reckon they deserve it, but you don't agree or support it.

This coming after you were found to be a waffler is a bit hard to take.
I agreed 100% with the comment made about only idiots would boo Giggs after all he's done for us.

and yes if Smith did get booed because he played badly, I'd enjoy it, because, he's a prick and he deserves it. But that's just a personal opinion. :)

Since you don't understand what I said and are taking it for "Waffle" let me make it easier.

Americans troops in Iraq are being attacked everyday by Iraqis who didn't take kindly to the abuse suffered by Iraq POW's at the hands of our troops.

Now, I understand why Iraqi people would attack American troops and yes, the troops deserve it, but I don't agree with how justice is carried out and I certainly don't support it.

Now lets relate it.

I understand why fans would boo players who aren't playing well and in most cases, the player isn't working hard enough so they deserve it, but I don't agree with how the player is informed of the feelings of the fans, and I wouldn't support it by booing the player myself.

I know it's a pretty far out analogy but it gets the point across.

Keane16

Nem 7 said:
Now, I understand why Iraqi people would attack American troops and yes, the troops deserve it, but I don't agree with how justice is carried out and I certainly don't support it.
.....but if they did it you wouldn't be one to complain.