"Smith Must Prove To Me He Is Worthy..

Forza Viola

Dominant said:
our "fans" have done it, sorry, i don't class those boo boys as fans.
It is a cold Saturday in January. Two weeks before you have seen your mighty lads get knocked out the FA Cup at the first hurdle, falling to second division Watford. Earlier in the season you had fallen at the first hurdle in the league cup as well while a run of just three wins in the opening ten games had put paid to any hopes of a league campaign. In short your season is over, and never really got started. Despite this you make the trip to Wales in miserable weather to continue supporting the lads and see the most abject performance I've ever seen from a Manchester United team. Swansea deserved to destroy us that day. The 2-0 defeat flattered us.

That day I booed the lads off the park, and if memory serves I think most of the few Reds still in the ground did likewise. If we didn't care we wouldn't have wasted our breath. We were hurting, and let the players know it. If that makes bad fans in your eyes so be it, but I'd be surprised if any supporter wouldn't be moved to protest under those circumstances.

Dominant

Forza Viola said:
It is a cold Saturday in January. Two weeks before you have seen your mighty lads get knocked out the FA Cup at the first hurdle, falling to second division Watford. Earlier in the season you had fallen at the first hurdle in the league cup as well while a run of just three wins in the opening ten games had put paid to any hopes of a league campaign. In short your season is over, and never really got started. Despite this you make the trip to Wales in miserable weather to continue supporting the lads and see the most abject performance I've ever seen from a Manchester United team. Swansea deserved to destroy us that day. The 2-0 defeat flattered us.

That day I booed the lads off the park, and if memory serves I think most of the few Reds still in the ground did likewise. If we didn't care we wouldn't have wasted our breath. We were hurting, and let the players know it. If that makes bad fans in your eyes so be it, but I'd be surprised if any supporter wouldn't be moved to protest under those circumstances.
Alright, you win.

Happy?

Nem 7

Keane16 said:
and bringing your fairly crap analogy back to football - that would make you a disinterested observer rather than a supporter.

rope, enough, yourself, hang.
I was talking about the troops.

But yeah, if you say I'm not a supporter, who am I to argue? ;)

Keilyn27

who's the bigger muppet - ostrich or chicken littl
Disagree with booing your own team, leave that to the other clubs (Real, Chelski) instead. The Utd players’re getting enough crap from everyone else, they don’t need such treatment from their own supporters :nono:

Wrt Smith – he has 2 major points against him. His Lids background (ABU, Munich etc) and his lack of quality. Without either of them, he won’t have gotten half as much stick as he did prior to his arrival.

As things stand, even Utd supporters against his move’re presently willing to give him a chance. There’s no point in booing him, I’ll put Utd above everything else however detestable I find some of the components. The olive branch’s out, up to Smith to prove that he’s fit for Utd and win everyone over.