Television Snowpiercer (TV Series)

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
First two episodes released today on Netflix. Will be giving this a watch.
Seen this, clicked on it last night thinking it was a movie to kill time then realised it's a series.

How were the first 2 eps?

Not read the book or seen the movie myself.

Is the movie on Netflix ?

Member 39557

Film was good, but don't really know what they can do/say in the series that wasn't already covered by the film!

Oldyella

Anyone read on this? Sounds like an absolute disaster. Directors walking away, cast being used for roles other than they auditioned for, totally different tone than the movie. Sounds like development from hell.

OleBoiii

Film was good, but don't really know what they can do/say in the series that wasn't already covered by the film!
Yeah, the whole film is essentially symbolism for class struggle. Unless they expand the universe beyond the train, then it's going to feel incredibly dragged out. Also, Snowpiercer is weird as hell. That kind of weirdness only seems to work for the duration of a film.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
This was my thought on it. Unless they do the series as a build up to them eventually taking over the train and not hatching a plan within the first 3 minutes like the film. Either way not really interested in this series.

Irrational.

Seen this, clicked on it last night thinking it was a movie to kill time then realised it's a series.

How were the first 2 eps?

Not read the book or seen the movie myself.

Is the movie on Netflix ?
It's watchable, quite liked the premise. Was a good way to waste two hours, some good action, reasonable acting.

Agree with most of the sentiments in that it doesn't have much scope beyond a first series, but it was decent nevertheless. Some cool CGI/ camerawork with the train.

The movie isn't on Netflix, which is a shame.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I take back what I said last ten days ago - I don't think I'll be continuing beyond episode three.
Nothing is gripping me, it's basically CSI on a train with other bits of bullshit flung in. Everything is a detective show these days. Looked interesting at first but soon got stale.

I actually don't even understand where they really want to go with it (not seen film), but I'm guessing tailies start to move up the train at some point. Can't last more than a season?

Irrational.

Nothing is gripping me, it's basically CSI on a train with other bits of bullshit flung in. Everything is a detective show these days. Looked interesting at first but soon got stale.

I actually don't even understand where they really want to go with it (not seen film), but I'm guessing tailies start to move up the train at some point. Can't last more than a season?
Exactly my sentiments. The acting is subpar and there is no clear sense of direction - and unless things progress off the train and into the outside world (which doesn't seem likely), it seems we'll be faced with the same tropes and cliches.

I think the film has been much more successful and you can kinda see why. I'll probably watch that and be done with this franchise.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Exactly my sentiments. The acting is subpar and there is no clear sense of direction - and unless things progress off the train and into the outside world (which doesn't seem likely), it seems we'll be faced with the same tropes and cliches.

I think the film has been much more successful and you can kinda see why. I'll probably watch that and be done with this franchise.
Yeah the acting is atrocious in parts. You don't feel for any character at all.

I thought it could go further with the train de-railing and them having to quickly find a way to survive in the wild, but that, like you said looks doubtful seeing as though outside is basically instant death (although that big bloke in ep2 seemed interesting).

The main character is weird, one minute they're all mates, next they're hating each other, they trust, they have no trust, about 4-5 switches an episode. It's like the producers forgot what characters are supposed to be mates with what other characters.

Revealed the train dude (can't remember his name) is not there but it's that woman conductor? Unless they're gonna switcheroo and introduce him in final ep? But I think he's dead? Can't remember now, was in ep 1.

Irrational.

Yeah the acting is atrocious in parts. You don't feel for any character at all.

I thought it could go further with the train de-railing and them having to quickly find a way to survive in the wild, but that, like you said looks doubtful seeing as though outside is basically instant death (although that big bloke in ep2 seemed interesting).

The main character is weird, one minute they're all mates, next they're hating each other, they trust, they have no trust, about 4-5 switches an episode. It's like the producers forgot what characters are supposed to be mates with what other characters.

Revealed the train dude (can't remember his name) is not there but it's that woman conductor? Unless they're gonna switcheroo and introduce him in final ep? But I think he's dead? Can't remember now, was in ep 1.
Agreed, that Leyton dude (I think that's his name) seems to flip-flop a lot. And of all the human survivors in the whole world on the train, he's the only police detective :lol: the turning point for me in ep 3 was how he went from having the shit kicked out of him in the previous episode and having no rights to being able to order random people about, get rid of people in authority following him, and start making random plans of his own including sneaking away to bone that woman. And is he with Zara or the other woman (Josie I think she was called) he left behind in the Tail?

The British guy that's doing the drugs (Oz?) also wouldn't look out of place in the Inbetweeners. The rich folk in first class couldn't be any more stereotypical if you tried. The shady ginger doc is also less than convincing.

Yeah it seems Wilford doesn't exist/ is dead and the woman is the main person. Who knows, who cares. As you said, it's very difficult to warm to anyone.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Everyone gave up on this? Just watching episode 6 now. Can't say it's gripping but I've got nowt else to watch.

Ekeke

Season 1 got going well after a few episodes. It was good from at least mid way leading up to the end.

Season 2 just finished today and it was great. Strong group of characters, good new additions, a more original story in the 2nd season and I'm excited to see where it goes for season 3.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Season 1 got going well after a few episodes. It was good from at least mid way leading up to the end.

Season 2 just finished today and it was great. Strong group of characters, good new additions, a more original story in the 2nd season and I'm excited to see where it goes for season 3.
I am kind of disappointed with the way they executed S2. I liked that basic premise, but the execution is bad, imo. Such a black and white situation.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Season 4 has been cancelled at TNT despite the season being complete and needing no work done. I really don't get this new trend of cancelling shit even though it's done and the money is gone, just air it ffs.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Season 4 has been cancelled at TNT despite the season being complete and needing no work done. I really don't get this new trend of cancelling shit even though it's done and the money is gone, just air it ffs.
Can't Netflix gazump them in this case? I'm sure it's posted good figures on there and if it's complete they don't need to do a lot.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
i’m sure somebody else will be able to pick it up if the demand is there

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Can't Netflix gazump them in this case? I'm sure it's posted good figures on there and if it's complete they don't need to do a lot.
i’m sure somebody else will be able to pick it up if the demand is there
I did read it's being shopped around so hopefully it will get picked up by netflix.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I can't believe it got to season 4, it was pure dogshit, anything interesting during the first season they just forgot about :lol:

The main actor was terrible too.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Didn't it end at season 3. They were literally off the train(s) and enjoying the weather. The story was done. Seems weird they even filmed a season 4.

Amir

I'm almost happy. I would have watched season 4 in order to finish the series, but they've also starting talking about new shows: A sequel and a prequel. Why can't people just let go?

Ekeke

Yeah to be honest I liked the first 2 seasons but there didnt seem that much more to delve into at this point. Would have been a shame if it was cancelled after season 1, but I dont think ending with season 3 is bad at all