So, how about that Varane + Martinez partnership?

Glorio

Imagine Varane makes a tackle and Lisandro in a momentary lapse high fives and chest bumps him :lol: :lol: :lol:

El Jefe

Hipster defenders do not want. Should've stuck witn Maguire and Lindelof.

Red00012

Imagine Varane makes a tackle and Lisandro in a momentary lapse high fives and chest bumps him :lol: :lol: :lol:
They play on the opposite sides of the pitch and Martinez could possibly be on the bench

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I can see Argentina taking a corner and Martinez defends the cross instead of attacking it.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Both excellent defenders, and their partnership has looked great.

I just love watching Varane. He makes it look so easy. Could potentially have 4 champions leagues and 2 world cups, which is insane.

pogbasformerbarber

I just love watching Varane. He makes it look so easy. Could potentially have 4 champions leagues and 2 world cups, which is insane.
Varane’s positioning is the best I’ve ever seen for a CB. He makes very difficult plays look easy. Because so much of his game is intelligence I don’t think we’ll see a drop off for a good long while. The fact that he came back so quickly and effectively from his latest injury is very positive as well. Just a perfect matching with Lisandros dogged, aggressive play.

edcunited1878

And Casemiro is in front of them....it's criminal how too many questioned these players.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I reckon martinez starts the final. France have a lot of pace up top and I’ve noticed they use martinez against pacey forwards.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
And Casemiro is in front of them....it's criminal how too many questioned these players.
They only got questioned because it was us signing them. If city/Liverpool would have signed them then it would have been world class business. It’s mad how we have Casemiro and varane. People thought we was getting them past there best but that isn’t the case.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
Hope Varane isn't injured after going off. Even if fit, I can't see both playing in the first few Premier League games back, surely Martinez is off to Argentina to celebrate.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Did anyone else see when Varane was going through to collect his runners up and Martinez stepping out and then hugging.

tjb

The funny thing with Varane is that despite the size of Madrid and the medals he won with them. His profile with United and his tournaments for France might actually do a lot more in shaping the perception of him

jackal&hyde

Did anyone else see when Varane was going through to collect his runners up and Martinez stepping out and then hugging.
Yeah. It was nice.

We've gone from Smalling Jones to 2 WC winners in a relatively short amount of time.

TsuWave

Best CB partnership in the league, and that's even without the clean sheet today, which it wasn't really their fault.

I hope we can get 3 or 4 years out of them together, should be able to now that Varane retired from international football