So let's talk about Eddie Howe....

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Nothing went wrong with Bournemouth. They do this regularly, they start off like a house on fire then they get destroyed by fatigue and injuries. Howe would probably do better at a club with more resources. But he's probably very attached to the club and is a hero.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Poor last few weeks so no defence from me as their home form has been solid for much of the season.

Seems like Begovic has really declined from not playing much at Chelsea, he was at fault for 2 of the goals yesterday.

Selling him and getting in Jack Butland is something I can see them doing. Might be worth now phasing out some of the old guard like Francis, Cook, Gosling etc.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Some people seem to delight in every Bournemouth defeat....I really don’t get that. Howe seems a genuinely likeable guy and he’s done an amazing job there.

Cloud7

Some people seem to delight in every Bournemouth defeat....I really don’t get that. Howe seems a genuinely likeable guy and he’s done an amazing job there.
Mourinho fans enjoying it after Howe was doing a better job than him earlier in the season and many thought Howe would be doing better here than José.

As if the whole reason why Bournemouth are here isn’t because of Howe in the first place.

Ban

You'd get the feeling there are about 50 Mourinho fans around here. Some might not rate Howe without being His fans. :)

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Mourinho fans enjoying it after Howe was doing a better job than him earlier in the season and many thought Howe would be doing better here than José.

As if the whole reason why Bournemouth are here isn’t because of Howe in the first place.
Yes, tbf, shouldn’t expect too much logic from that group

Cloud7

You'd get the feeling there are about 50 Mourinho fans around here. Some might not rate Howe without being His fans. :)
It’s a mixed bag, as everything is, but there’s definitely overlap in the ones who supported him to the end and those who seem to enjoy Howe doing poorly.

There’s a difference between not rating him and actually taking joy from them losing matches.

To be fair there seems to be a lot of people who visibly enjoy when Pochettino loses a match as well.

Ban

It’s a mixed bag, as everything is, but there’s definitely overlap in the ones who supported him to the end and those who seem to enjoy Howe doing poorly.

There’s a difference between not rating him and actually taking joy from them losing matches.

To be fair there seems to be a lot of people who visibly enjoy when Pochettino loses a match as well.
On the last 2, 3 pages I haven't noticed anyone taking joy in their defeats. Maybe I missed it. And as you said people taking enjoyment in lots of things. :)

lsd

The Oracle
I hate Mourinho and still think Howe is the most overrated manager around so it's not Jose fans Vs Howe here.

The idea of Howe ever being good enough to be Utd manager was laughable and still is . The guy simply doesn't have the knowledge or tactics to be at a top club challenging for titles .

The only arguement his supporters ever had was he took Bournemouth up from league one to the premiership which would be fine if Utd were in League one .

Time and time again he has been found wanting when it comes to playing the top teams and all we get us excuse after excuse

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I do like him and have made this clear, but he is having a poor season. They have massively dropped off and lost focus.

Howe has recognised this and has said he feels they're going through an 'identity crisis'. It's all about whether he can weather this poor period and come back stronger, all managers have bad runs.

Overall his work at Bournemouth has still been phenomenal, but they have looked poor for a good while. I think this run is the worst they've looked since promotion.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Man. United should appoint him solely for Brighton away games. :lol:

Showing you boys how it's done on the beautiful south coast.

Bojan11

Were they booed off today?

Don’t think he has it in him yet to manage a top side. But Bournemouth fans need to be careful what they wish for. We saw what happened to Charlton when fans when they wanted more from Curbishley.

He needs to also stop wasting money on Liverpool shite. Solanke is garbage.

NYAS

They’re always good for a handful of pathetically embarrassing results every season.

starman

Its sad how people on here like to bash those who overachieve, probably something relating to their own pathetic lives..
Bournemouth have the smallest stadium in the league. The 67th smallest in the entire football league. One of the smallest wage bill in the PL and smallest net spend since being in the PL. They also have the 2nd highest amount of British players in their squad in the PL. Everything points to them being relegated by now...

But yeah, Howe is the most overrated manager in the league according to some on here :rolleyes::houllier:

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Its sad how people on here like to bash those who overachieve, probably something relating to their own pathetic lives..
Bournemouth have the smallest stadium in the league. The 67th smallest in the entire football league. One of the smallest wage bill in the PL and smallest net spend since being in the PL. They also have the 2nd highest amount of British players in their squad in the PL. Everything points to them being relegated by now...

But yeah, Howe is the most overrated manager in the league according to some on here :rolleyes::houllier:
:lol:

You are taking this a bit too personally..

starman

:lol:

You are taking this a bit too personally..
Just calling it how I see it. Why are you one of his bashers. Do you ignore everything I've stated but like to jump onto a internet forum to bash as soon as they have a bad result? If you're, my comment must have struck something in you personally..

Last edited:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I've defended him a lot but their form has been poor last two months. They were strong at home for most of the season but have now lost to Burnley and Fulham in their last two.

Even an average run of form last two months and they could've had a decent shot of 7th as even now they're only 7-8 points off Watford and Wolves.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
5 more points (50) and this would've been another brilliant season for them. Shows the fine margins of mid table that it feels underwhelming for them to be in 12th with the two poor runs they had.

5 more points (50) and this would've been another brilliant season for them. Shows the fine margins of mid table that it feels underwhelming for them to be in 12th with the two poor runs they had.
I agree, they would be even better if their recruitment was better. Someone said they paid £20mil for Ibe! Biggest waste of money.

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
He had absolutely no clue what to do with a two man advantage. They just lumped the ball into the box and hoped. Disappointing.

starman

Record PL points total. The same teams that are in the league 2 relegation zone were the same teams that Bournemouth were battling with when he took over.

People on here want to make judgements on moments or game by game :rolleyes::houllier:

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Bournemouth are great for him, that's his level.
How do you know thats his level if he's not been tested at any other level. Its a Championship club with horrible transfer spending that he's keeping in Premier League. One of Everton/Leicester/Watford should take a punt on him, slightly more resources, slightly higher ambition. If he does poorly in those teams then you have a case against him.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
How do you know thats his level if he's not been tested at any other level. Its a Championship club with horrible transfer spending that he's keeping in Premier League. One of Everton/Leicester/Watford should take a punt on him, slightly more resources, slightly higher ambition. If he does poorly in those teams then you have a case against him.
They don't have a DoF do they? Their buys have been so poor, surely he plays a huge part in that. Loves overpaying for shit players. His team looked clueless today playing against 9 men at home. He won't do well at a bigger club where his team will have to control games and play under pressure.