So let's talk about Eddie Howe....

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
He had absolutely no clue what to do with a two man advantage. They just lumped the ball into the box and hoped. Disappointing.
They have an awful side with virtually no creativity. What are people expecting them to do against a parked bus? They've built a side designed for countering with pace.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Not sure how much better he could reasonably be expected to do at AFC Bournemouth.
His strengths are outgunning his weakness at the moment to his credit but there is not much improvement on those weaknesses currently although today could be the first step. He needs to improve his record against the top clubs and also his transfer history isn't the greatest when you look at their big buys, although he does seem to pick up cracking cheap transfers.

feck, he's David Moyes II.

AJ10

He's decent and nothing more IMO. How can any manager spend 15 mil for Ibe and 19 for solanke with a small budget he has.

Shocking.

ArjenIsM3

His strengths are outgunning his weakness at the moment to his credit but there is not much improvement on those weaknesses currently although today could be the first step. He needs to improve his record against the top clubs and also his transfer history isn't the greatest when you look at their big buys, although he does seem to pick up cracking cheap transfers.

feck, he's David Moyes II.
There are a lot of similarities aren't there?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Yeah their transfer strategy is hit and miss. In their first season they paid 8m for Brad Smith from Liverpool who soon faded into obscurity.

They don't really seem to deal in signing players in 5-10m bracket. It's 10-30m. You get successes like Ake and David Brooks but flops like Solanke, Ibe and Diego Rico.

Jefferson Lerma in the question mark bracket, he cost 25m in the end.

Leicester is closed for foreseeable future and Silva will be at Eveton next season. Got a feeling he might be in frame for West Ham when they next change manager. Also England aswell when that job next comes up.

starman

People saying how bad Solanke & Ibe buys are but half a of decent season and they get their money back, easily. Both young and English. Wouldnt write either off yet, both 21 & 23. Look at Lingards late blooming, he's worth more then 15 or 19m, though thats probably around what we would sell him for if we got rid...

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
People saying how bad Solanke & Ibe buys are but half a of decent season and they get their money back, easily. Both young and English. Wouldnt write either off yet, both 21 & 23. Look at Lingards late blooming, he's worth more then 15 or 19m, though thats probably around what we would sell him for if we got rid...
Ibe and Solanke have already been at top 6 clubs so going to take something special for any to buy them.

Zaha's been good for two years now at Palace and still hasn't signed for CL club.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
They're 3 points ahead of Newcastle with a worse goal difference. They're certainly not that great to watch - 11v9 today and they were pathetic. Plus, they concede goals for fun.

starman

Ibe and Solanke have already been at top 6 clubs so going to take something special for any to buy them.

Zaha's been good for two years now at Palace and still hasn't signed for CL club.
Don't really understand your point, both were at teams blessed with some of the best players in the league in their position. Neither were going to get regular first team football anytime soon.
As for thinking only a top team would play 15m for a winger or 19m for , a striker, let alone them being English, Fulham says hi. Look at Ings. He's going to cost Southampton 20m if they take the option to buy him.

If Solanke scores 10 goals next season, there will be lots of teams willing to pay 20m for a young English striker.

After Zaha's time at United, who can blame him for staying at Palace for the time being. It's his boyhood club and they broke their wage structure for him. If he wanted to leave, a top 6 team would definitely take him

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Don't really understand your point, both were at teams blessed with some of the best players in the league in their position. Neither were going to get regular first team football anytime soon.
As for thinking only a top team would play 15m for a winger or 19m for , a striker, let alone them being English, Fulham says hi. Look at Ings. He's going to cost Southampton 20m if they take the option to buy him.

If Solanke scores 10 goals next season, there will be lots of teams willing to pay 20m for a young English striker.

After Zaha's time at United, who can blame him for staying at Palace for the time being. It's his boyhood club and they broke their wage structure for him. If he wanted to leave, a top 6 team would definitely take him
Teams like Southampton and Fulham aren't step up from Bournemouth though.

If you leave Bournemouth for career to progress if not top 6 you go to an Everton, Wolves or Leicester and I'd say Solanke would need to score more than 10 goals there to get any of them seriously interested.

He's just not that good now he's out of playing youth football. Wilson and King are better anway so he's going to struggle to get a regular place just at the club he's at.

starman

Teams like Southampton and Fulham aren't step up from Bournemouth though.

If you leave Bournemouth for career to progress if not top 6 you go to an Everton, Wolves or Leicester and I'd say Solanke would need to score more than 10 goals there to get any of them seriously interested.

He's just not that good now he's out of playing youth football. Wilson and King are better anway so he's going to struggle to get a regular place just at the club he's at.
Dwight Gayle left Palace to join a Newcastle in the Championship for double of what Palace paid for him. Not exactly career progression, but Newcastle valued him for his impact in the championship to get them back up.

Bournemouth still have a relegation level squad that are over achieving, if Solanke score a decent amount of goals that contributes to keeping them in the league next season, teams around that level would be interested if he became available.

During the January window, Wilson was heavy linked with Chelsea before he got injured, I am sure Solanke was bought as a contingency. I won't be surprised if Chelsea are back in for Wilson this summer given how poorly Higuain has looked

Last edited:

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
They don't have a DoF do they? Their buys have been so poor, surely he plays a huge part in that. Loves overpaying for shit players. His team looked clueless today playing against 9 men at home. He won't do well at a bigger club where his team will have to control games and play under pressure.
They don't have a DoF but you can still see a pattern in their purchases, David Brooks, Ibe, Solanke, Ake are all young players who will have resale value if they don't work out. Bournemouth are not in a position to attract the best players. He's doing the best he can with his resources.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Yeah their transfer strategy is hit and miss. In their first season they paid 8m for Brad Smith from Liverpool who soon faded into obscurity.

They don't really seem to deal in signing players in 5-10m bracket. It's 10-30m. You get successes like Ake and David Brooks but flops like Solanke, Ibe and Diego Rico.

Jefferson Lerma in the question mark bracket, he cost 25m in the end.

Leicester is closed for foreseeable future and Silva will be at Eveton next season. Got a feeling he might be in frame for West Ham when they next change manager. Also England aswell when that job next comes up.
I think he will only leave Bournemouth for a top 6 club or the England job. I do not now if he would consider it or if they would consider it but, I think he would be a great fit for the Bundesliga.

Robbie Boy

So, the only teams to concede more than Bournemouth in the league this season are Fulham and Huddersfield. He just can’t organise any defensive shape whatsoever.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Given he's been slaughtered for years for not being able to organise a defence, thought I'd just mention Bournemouth on a run of three clean sheets. Given they only conceded once at Arsenal, it's a run of 1 goal conceded in 4 games which is very good at any stage of a premier league season.

Only three times this season they've conceded more than once in a game, to Man. City, Leicester and West Ham.

Think Phillip Billing could turn out to be one of the signings of the season. He showed potential at Huddersfield and think his physical nature and quick pressing gives them more steel infront of the back 4.

Got Newcastle and Wolves next so potential to climb even higher in the league given they're a point off 5th.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
He's a solid coach who I think has more than earned his pop at a top six club.

Wouldn't be my first choice at Spurs, but he's an appointment I'd embrace.

Bojan11

Lost to a team that had 10 men for 70 mins. Palace had more shots too.

1 win in 8 and that was against us. They having their usual blip. They’d probably win two or three on the bounce.

Think Howe should leave. Everton would be perfect for him.

edcunited1878

1 win in 8 and that was against us. They having their usual blip. They’d probably win two or three on the bounce.

The manager flavor of the month quickly diminished for Eddie didn't it...that win was very undeserved but they got the result they wanted while United have been better since then.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
The manager flavor of the month quickly diminished for Eddie didn't it...that win was very undeserved but they got the result they wanted while United have been better since then.
It didn’t diminish. He’s done a brilliant job and is continuing to do so. He’s a great young manager. I do think he could do with a change, Everton is a good shout.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
He's done well to keep Bournemouth stable in the prem but I can't look past his transfer record, it's absolutely awful.

drdoityourself

His selections and subs have been weird for a while now. His liking for Simon Francis is just bizarre at this point. Started him last weekend and he gave away a goal, like he almost always does. At 0-0 tonight, chasing a goal, his first sub is to bring him on for his solid left back. That backfired as one would expect.

I think he could turn out exactly like Silva at Everton, their fans are going nuts about selections and in game management.

He has done a terrific job at Bournemouth. Just think his flaws are too big for a club with bigger aspirations.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Needs a change of clubs, going stale very quickly at Bournemouth. Change of scenery and bit more cash would give him a better platform to show what he's about. Proved everything he can at Bournemouth. Good manager, not ready for a top job yet.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down

Also 69% possession. Brooks injured, Fraser thinks he's hotter shit than he is which has caused a massive dip in form

Not sure what you expect from Bournemouth. Howe is in his 5th season with them in the PL after taking over in League 2 at age 31. He's got one of the youngest squads which shows that he's been rebuilding it. Like you said, they're having their usual blips which suggests that they'll be fine.

It's not on him to move to Everton. You don't just up and leave a club that you've managed for 10 years and played for 11. The guy is the biggest club legend in the league right now and one of the best performing managers for the past 5 years.

Bojan11

Also 69% possession. Brooks injured, Fraser thinks he's hotter shit than he is which has caused a massive dip in form

Not sure what you expect from Bournemouth. Howe is in his 5th season with them in the PL after taking over in League 2 at age 31. He's got one of the youngest squads which shows that he's been rebuilding it. Like you said, they're having their usual blips which suggests that they'll be fine.

It's not on him to move to Everton. You don't just up and leave a club that you've managed for 10 years and played for 11. The guy is the biggest club legend in the league right now and one of the best performing managers for the past 5 years.
69 possession vs 10 men for 70 minutes is nothing to shout about.

If he wants to take the next step in his career then he needs to leave.

edcunited1878

It didn’t diminish. He’s done a brilliant job and is continuing to do so. He’s a great young manager. I do think he could do with a change, Everton is a good shout.
He's done a fantastic job for Bournemouth yes, but he was the flavor of the month for being a potential Manchester United candidate...which I didn't think was ever the case.

Everton would be good or even West Ham. However, his stock is a little down this year so far and he wouldn't be moving at the ideal time.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
He's done a fantastic job for Bournemouth yes, but he was the flavor of the month for being a potential Manchester United candidate...which I didn't think was ever the case.

Everton would be good or even West Ham. However, his stock is a little down this year so far and he wouldn't be moving at the ideal time.
Oh gotcha, I didn’t realise you meant he’d been flouted as a potential united manager. I’m as big a Howe fan as you’re likely to find on here but I think that would be terrible. I think he’s great but definitely not the man for Manchester Unitef.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
69 possession vs 10 men for 70 minutes is nothing to shout about.

If he wants to take the next step in his career then he needs to leave.
Does he know? In what way? Why not improve Bournemouth even further? He's a team about the same age as United and Arsenal that's way less expensive and is performing at the same level. Maybe he has ambitions to get Bournemouth to Europe or to win a cup?

Bojan11

Does he know? In what way? Why not improve Bournemouth even further? He's a team about the same age as United and Arsenal that's way less expensive and is performing at the same level. Maybe he has ambitions to get Bournemouth to Europe or to win a cup?
And how’s he going to do that, genius?

Even though his signings have mostly been trash, Bournemouth can’t even compete with the likes of West Ham or Everton when it comes to spending or wages.

Both those clubs could use a better manager and that’s the next logical step up for him.

Charlie Foley

Oh gotcha, I didn’t realise you meant he’d been flouted as a potential united manager. I’m as big a Howe fan as you’re likely to find on here but I think that would be terrible. I think he’s great but definitely not the man for Manchester Unitef.
He’s not and I don’t think he wants to manage a team up north either. I know United is United but it was not a good fit for his personal life last time he moved

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
I rate him as a manager but Bournemouth are only 4 points off relegation and their transfers sans David Brooks have been lackluster. The Ibe and Solanke transfers were head-scratching when they happened.

Alabaster Codify7

Howe + Everton is something that intrigues me. It's a step up for him that he deserves, he'll be backed financially, historically huge club and he's a big Evertonian. Could be something special!

FujiVice

He's heading down that road a lot of potentially good managers get into. He stays at a club to long and that potential turns into stagnation. If that Everton job is on the table, he needs to take it. There's a low ceiling at Bournmouth. He's well past the point of impressing people with a 14th place finish.