So let's talk about Eddie Howe....

POF

West Ham makes a lot of sense for him. It's a logical next step. He's done a fantastic job at Bournemouth but there's only so far he can take them.

His biggest issue there is his transfer record which appears to centre around massively overpaying for Liverpool rejects.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Think Everton + Howe would be a good match.

What Howe has done for Bournemouth has been amazing but it's gone abit stale there recently for him,imo.
It'll be good career move for Howe now to look for the next step up and I feel Everton is one of the more better run mid table clubs in the league.

It wouldn't be so great for Bournemouth,though. If Howe were to leave I'm expecting quite a big drop from the Cherries.

starman

Whats wrong with his transfer record? Every player is not going to be a roaring success. Is it Ibe and Solanke what people are hinting at? 35m for the two, both still under 23 and English. Can easily see them still making their money back

Wilson, Ake, Fraser Brooks, these are players many wouldnt mind at United and were signed for under 35m in total, they will easily get 100m+ if all were sold

Last edited:

Classical Mechanic

Whats wrong with his transfer record? Every player is not going to be a roaring success. Is it Ibe and Solanke what people are hinting at? 35m for the two, both still under 23 and English. Can easily see them still making their money back

Wilson, Ake, Fraser Brooks, these are players many would mind at United amd were that were signed for under 35m in total, they will easily get 100m+ if all were sold
It doesn't really make sense to laud him for bringing them up from L1 and making them a legit PL team whilst also having the opinion that he's appalling the the transfer market. Unless Bournemouth have been producing incredible talent from their academy.

starman

It doesn't really make sense to laud him for bringing them up from L1 and making them a legit PL team whilst also having the opinion that he's appalling the the transfer market. Unless Bournemouth have been producing incredible talent from their academy.
The players mentioned, all were signed while in the PL

Last edited:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Everton would be a great step for him.

I think he needs to move ASAP. He's found a safe option at Bournemouth and he's got too comfy there now. They won't sack him unless his form drops off hugely, but he won't progress much further than top half of the table either.

I believe he's the longest running manager in the premier league right now - time to make the next step or he'll get forgotten about.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
West Ham is a shithole of a place, Everton is a good club, backing owners, a surprisingly decent squad. Would be a great base for him to step up.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Would rather he left Bournemouth in the summer as the moment he left I'll be lumping big on them to be relegated that season. Would imagine they would be reasonably priced given you'd have three promoted teams and maybe another overachiever still in the league.

Anyway it would be same as when Curbs left Charlton and Big Sam leaving Bolton. Miracle working managers who simply can't be replaced and both clubs quickly got relegated from the prem despite being established in mid table for many seasons.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
And how’s he going to do that, genius?

Even though his signings have mostly been trash, Bournemouth can’t even compete with the likes of West Ham or Everton when it comes to spending or wages.

Both those clubs could use a better manager and that’s the next logical step up for him.
He does that by keep doing what he does. European qualification is a real possibility and a cup win is not an outrageous dream this day.

West Ham is a mess of a club. I'd consider it a step down for Howe.

Bojan11

He does that by keep doing what he does. European qualification is a real possibility and a cup win is not an outrageous dream this day.

West Ham is a mess of a club. I'd consider it a step down for Howe.
And again he’s not progressing as a manager is he? He wants to make the next step up then he needs to move.

Bournemouth are not going to kick him out unless they in a serious relegation dogfight and I highly doubt they’d be anywhere near the European spots this season, so it’s another season where he’s finishing below mid table and that’s the level of Bournemouth.

If Howe wants to move on in his career then he needs to take the next job. I’m sure Rodgers could have stayed at Swansea or even Celtic all his life if he wanted to but twice he moved on.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
And again he’s not progressing as a manager is he? He wants to make the next step up then he needs to move.

Bournemouth are not going to kick him out unless they in a serious relegation dogfight and I highly doubt they’d be anywhere near the European spots this season, so it’s another season where he’s finishing below mid table and that’s the level of Bournemouth.

If Howe wants to move on in his career then he needs to take the next job. I’m sure Rodgers could have stayed at Swansea or even Celtic all his life if he wanted to but twice he moved on.
How do you know he's not progressing as manager? How many managers have been rebuilding their own team in the PL in recent years? Hardly any. He's doing completely new things with Bournemouth that haven't been done before.

You've already doomed them to failure and using that as an argument. Makes no sense.

You've also completely ignored all the points about him being a Bournemouth man. He's not a regular manager in the PL. He's the club legend in the PL and having ambitions to do even better with the club than PL stability is admirable. I could also see Bournemouth go down if he were to leave them mid-season and I doubt he'd want that on his conscience.

Bojan11

How do you know he's not progressing as manager? How many managers have been rebuilding their own team in the PL in recent years? Hardly any. He's doing completely new things with Bournemouth that haven't been done before.

You've already doomed them to failure and using that as an argument. Makes no sense.

You've also completely ignored all the points about him being a Bournemouth man. He's not a regular manager in the PL. He's the club legend in the PL and having ambitions to do even better with the club than PL stability is admirable. I could also see Bournemouth go down if he were to leave them mid-season and I doubt he'd want that on his conscience.
Again you arguing for the sake of arguing. Quote all the people who said he should move on too in the last page or so?

Quit boring me with the same points. Being a club legend means shit. Bournemouth would also look to replace him if they were in deep trouble. And yes there’s a big chance of Bournemouth going down if he leaves regardless mid season or at the start of the season. So what’s that got to do with him? He’s left the club in way better shape than he received it and that’s all you can do as a manager. If they get relegated after he leaves, how the hell do you make that his fault and why should it be on his conscious? Should our downfall be on Fergies conscious?

He’s taken them as far as he can. If he wants to progress as a manager then it’s natural he needs to take the next step up which you have difficulty understanding. Everton are a bigger club than Bournemouth and apparently he’s also a boyhood fan. They have a young team with good attacking players he would be perfect for them.

Bojan11

It's the confidence of anyone outside the club saying that Howe has certainly taken Bournemouth as far as he can, that baffles me.
Yeah because finishing 16,9,12 and 14th shows they challenging for European places or they actually getting closer to win a cup. They will finish around mid table again and the cycle will continue.

Teams like Leicester who joined the prem at the same time as Bournemouth even if you take away their prem victory have been gradually improving season by season. They have the resources to go out spend £30m plus on players unlike Bournemouth. The same can be said about Wolves, who have improved from their early season slump and they also have the resources to make the step up to challenge for the European places unlike Bournemouth.

JulesWinnfield

West Brom Fan
West Ham makes a lot of sense for him. It's a logical next step. He's done a fantastic job at Bournemouth but there's only so far he can take them.

His biggest issue there is his transfer record which appears to centre around massively overpaying for Liverpool rejects.
How many West Ham managers have came through that job with a better reputation in recent times? The expectations tend to far outweigh the reality.

Robbie Boy

Soooooo that's 29 losses in the league since last season while conceding 98 in the process.....

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Do we think Bournemouth will get relegated?
Hope so! Fed up with this,” he’s a wonderful young coach,” shit. He’s bought really badly; blowing his budget on Solanke and others.

Need teams like Leeds back in. Teams with big support and watching matches you actually give shit about.

AshRK

His shine is wearing off. He has to move on for a bigget step or else no one will talk about him. The likes of poch, klopp moved on at a correct time for bigger and better things.

Honestly I don't see anything special in him. His transfer dealings have been below par, his team rarely play dominating football and he looks tactically naive. Funny how some wanted him here. Would have been Moyes 2.0.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Soooooo that's 29 losses in the league since last season while conceding 98 in the process.....
Yeah he's underperforming

Seriously what world do some of you live in, would he get more love if he was a "pragmatic" manager like Dyche? Because I don't see anyone bringing up Dyche's losses or goals conceded. Or does it not matter as long as you set out to "make it hard for the opposition"?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
His shine is wearing off. He has to move on for a bigget step or else no one will talk about him. The likes of poch, klopp moved on at a correct time for bigger and better things.

Honestly I don't see anything special in him. His transfer dealings have been below par, his team rarely play dominating football and he looks tactically naive. Funny how some wanted him here. Would have been Moyes 2.0.
Arsenal fans thought he’d be good for them. Shame they didnt:wenger:

Robbie Boy

Yeah he's underperforming

Seriously what world do some of you live in, would he get more love if he was a "pragmatic" manager like Dyche? Because I don't see anyone bringing up Dyche's losses or goals conceded. Or does it not matter as long as you set out to "make it hard for the opposition"?
Ok.

redshaw

Things haven't gone well since the speculation of their manager and the odd player.

drdoityourself

Lloyd Kelly- 15 million and doesn't look likely to start over Rico anytime soon. Bought Tyrone Mings and couldn't get him required game time, in a defence occupied by Simon Francis who, alongside Grant Hanley, is my pick for the worst player in the PL.
Jordon Ibe 15 million waste.
Apparently bought a 15 million dutch winger this summer who I've never seen play for them.

The strikers he bought since promotion are Solanke, Murray, Afobe, Grabban for close to 50 million combined. To be fair they got King for 1 million before those signings and he's been a major success.

They have had some good signings, but the frequency of transfer busts at a settled club with a settled manager is quite alarming.

Hope so! Fed up with this,” he’s a wonderful young coach,” shit. He’s bought really badly; blowing his budget on Solanke and others.

Need teams like Leeds back in. Teams with big support and watching matches you actually give shit about.
Wow tough crowd :lol:

When their whole team is fit they do play some nice stuff, but i agree Howe has wasted too much money buying nonsense players.

Robbie Boy

Yup. Don't get me wrong, he done a great with Bournemouth in getting them to the PL and consolidating them as a top flight team but since then it's all been very meh.

It's a damning stat that only two teams conceded more than them in the league last season and both were relegated. This myth that they play scintillating football is hilarious. Yes, they did when they won the Championship and were a joy to watch. But the last 12 months they have actually been terrible to watch and the rate at which they concede is crazy. As I posted earlier, 29 defeats in the league and 98 goals conceded in a season and a half is horrendous. I guess Bournemouth will live on sentamtality and he will never be under pressure, though.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Is this a joke? You don't think hes a very good coach? You think he's the first manager to spend on a wrong player or two?

Lerma, Brooks, Rico and Wilson are all decent business, and the fact that he's gone season on season with a net spend of around £20m and still stays up is a strong testament to his managerial capabilities. Bournemouth are a very small club, extremely vanilla with no real pull and he's kept them up with some decent football too. Hilarious how you would argue against him being a wonderful young coach. His work at Bournemouth is extremely good given on paper they should be relegated every season, and yet here they are.

Robbie Boy

Wow tough crowd :lol:

When their whole team is fit they do play some nice stuff, but i agree Howe has wasted too much money buying nonsense players.
I haven't seen this so called nice football in a long time tbh bar the odd sporadic game. Howe gets a ridiculous level of leniency.