So let's talk about Eddie Howe....

Dahmmy

Confirmed on BBC left Bournemouth by mutual consent
shame. he was one of the better managers - but come on Bournemouth owners - no disrespect but you are bournemouth

what really irked me is callum wilson coming out that he wants to play in the premiership, well son, maybe you should have done more for the team then

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Right decision for him. Can take a breather for six months and some decent jobs will inevitably come up.

Bad decision for Bournemouth. Tough job for an outsider to take over.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Already been and failed at Burnley though.
Already been there, got homesick at the time living up north and once Bournemouth got a new owner to invest he went straight back down south and dropped down a league to manage them.
He was already at Bournemouth too and it's a PL job. I don't think he will be overly picky about who it is if it's another crack at the PL. Palace and West Ham are other alternatives.

Dahmmy

Is utter piffle really, because you could never definitively claim Villa would go down if it wasn't for that decision, as you are influenced by what you need to do to stay up. Cannot imagine what the legal basis would be, and it would set an incredibly dangerous precedent, as next you'd get teams suing referees or the referee association for x decision costing them Champions League football, staying up etc.
will be very hard for them to win a legal argument
IFAB say

Match Validity
In principle, a match is not invalidated because of:
•malfunction(s) of the VAR technology (as for goal line technology (GLT)
• wrong decision(s) involving the VAR (as the VAR is a match official)
• decision(s) not to review an incident • review(s) of a non-reviewable situation/decision

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Seems a polite way of saying he's sacked.

Think he can find another decent job in PL though.
"Mutual consent" is usually a euphemism for sacking, but in this case it actually does sound like a mutual decision.

Djemba-Djemba

He was already at Bournemouth too and it's a PL job. I don't think he will be overly picky about who it is if it's another crack at the PL. Palace and West Ham are other alternatives.
Yeah but he clearly has an affinity with Bournemouth.

Would surprise me if went back to somewhere he admitted he didn't like.

Plus I dunno, to go from the way Dyche has his teams play to the way Howe has his team play. That's a massive change in culture. Could see Palace or West Ham though yeah.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
I don't think he will be picky, I just don't think Burnley fans will want him back after Dyche's efforts. I'd hazard a guess he'll wait around and end up at a club down south/London. There'll be plenty of them now with either Brentford/Fulham coming up. Palace and West Ham are good bets, West Ham will have the budget but Palace squad needs a massive overhaul age wise.

Dahmmy

Or let’s liven up this topic

he deserves to go to a big club, he should take over from Ole once ole leaves by mutual consent of course

Jezpeza

Guy is busted flush.
2 year contract. I think they were hoping that either he will keep them up or if they go down get them promoted again. Doubt he will last that long even. Anyone can manage them, they will just buy the championship

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Tragic cup record, can’t set up a defence and is terrible in the market.

What he did with Bournemouth was really impressive (even considering the fact they were bankrolled), but he has some severe negative traits.

Newcastle fans better hope the purchases in January are of such quality that he can’t fail (and not done by him), because he won’t make the defence any better with his coaching.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
So what do people make of the job he's done at Newcastle so far? Their fans seem delighted by his impact. I thought he did a wonderful job at Bournemouth and played a very pleasing style of footy too, until the relegation.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
So long as people don't start misguidedly linking his name with any United gig, yeah we can admire has work from afar.

Nickelodeon

Took his time to get started but he’s probably saved Newcastle from relegation this season. With money there to be spent, he would not get a better opportunity to display whether he can actually become one of top managers.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
So what do people make of the job he's done at Newcastle so far? Their fans seem delighted by his impact. I thought he did a wonderful job at Bournemouth and played a very pleasing style of footy too, until the relegation.
Good manager who’s generally been underrated on here imo. As you said did a good job at Bournemouth playing some nice football, it’s no easy task taking a team from league 2 to the PL and keeping them there for a good few seasons. A few of the big transfers backfired, but their wage bill was always amongst the lowest in the league.

Done well so far but the big test will be seeing if he can progress them up the table with the financial backing he’ll receive.

Loon

:lol:
Be interesting to see if he can keep the job and successfully enter the “throwing a few quid about” phase. How adept he’ll be at spending.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
May very well become the first modern big name manager from England, it has to be seen.

GlasgowCeltic

Well he's levels above Bruce, but someone said at best he'll probably be what Mark Hughes was for City, which is probably about right.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
The job he’s done at at Newcastle is nothing short of incredible. I still have a niggling doubt about him but they had no wins before he took over and had no right to stay up let alone be virtually safe with games spare.

Duafc

Village Lemon
The job he’s done at at Newcastle is nothing short of incredible. I still have a niggling doubt about him but they had no wins before he took over and had no right to stay up let alone be virtually safe with games spare.
Not to be too "they spent 100m in January", but, they spent 100m in January
No one else comment, it's perfect the way it is.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Not to be too "they spent 100m in January", but, they spent 100m in January
No one else comment, it's perfect the way it is.
I didn’t realise spending money guaranteed results. It can help if spent wisely / you buy world class players but they didn’t exactly buy world class talent + the one they arguably did has been injured for a decent extent.

They were in a position where no other PL team has managed to survive before. They’ve gotten into a position where they could still finish in the top half of the table. That is a massive achievement, money or no money.

Duafc

Village Lemon
I didn’t realise spending money guaranteed results. It can help if spent wisely / you buy world class players but they didn’t exactly buy world class talent + the one they arguably did has been injured for a decent extent.

They were in a position where no other PL team has managed to survive before. They’ve gotten into a position where they could still finish in the top half of the table. That is a massive achievement, money or no money.
I agree.

Have a feeling he'll do just okay next year for the money spent and it won't be good enough for the timescale Newcastle have and they will (foolishly) sack him.

Could even see them hilariously sacking him in the summer if they think they could get a bigger name.

Bobski

He is a good coach, did a fine job at Bournemouth for the most part and has made an impact at Newcastle. Still only 44, lots of experience at a time when most managers are still getting a break.

There is always that danger that a manager who has generally managed lower level teams gets typecast as that alone.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Easy to just put it that way and yes we’ve been shit but there’s literally zero pressure on them to play well. Nobody gives a shit. Teams turn up against us and hate us and we aren’t good enough to deal with it.

padr81

Supports
Man City

Good post.
They've taken more points than everyone bar Liverpool in 2022, but people will twist it to being all about the money. They won a load of games where Guimaraes was injured or finding his feet on the bench at the beginning.

He's taken probably the worst team in PL history added Chris Wood, Trippier for a bit and Matt Targett on loan and dragged them away from the bottom. Once he got Guimaraes settled in and fit kicked on to make them a top half team even losing Trippier.