So, Timo Werner?

NoLogo

The guy is really fast but he also needs the passes to run onto which our team can't provide, a problem our entire attack suffers from. I mean look at Liverpool, almost any of those players is able to play a pass onto Mané, Salah or who ever is making a run something we almost never do. As long as this problem isn't fixed we could have even bought Halaand and it wouldn't have fixed our attack. Midfield needs fixing first before we can even think about having a good attack again.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
It would be the most United thing to do to sign him and never figure out how he fits into the linup/tactics. Everyone is going to wonders for 2-3 years why he isn't consistently performing and wonders where (position, lineup, tactics) he would be world-class.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
I actually think neither Liverpool nor United should look at him as their most important signing. United already have similar players in Rashford and Martial and are more in need of a cavani type of solution right now (and obviously plenty of other positions as well) and while he kind of suits Liverpool and they probably need more options for the front three in the future I'd still go for a midfielder first if I were them.

mad1max954

I actually think neither Liverpool nor United should look at him as their most important signing. United already have similar players in Rashford and Martial and are more in need of a cavani type of solution right now (and obviously plenty of other positions as well) and while he kind of suits Liverpool and they probably need more options for the front three in the future I'd still go for a midfielder first if I were them.
he could arguably be an upgrade on martial( similar profile as you said too) agree he isn’t a priority signing for us (given we have other needs especially)

I don’t see where he fits at Liverpool? Is hegoing to play ahead of firminho. Probably not as firminho is great linkup player. He isn’t want to backup is he? Stil going to cost a lot too.

NoPace

Liverpool makes sense in that he could back up Salah and Mane both since they both (especially Salah) now play as forwards with their fullbacks so wide and high up the pitch, with Firmino as the false 9 backed up by Minamino (apparently) and Shaqiri moving on, with Brewster getting a proper loan to a championship side to start 40 games next year.

Chelsea too since he would fit well with Abraham as his partner at times, and also they could rotate since one has pace against high lines and the other size. Could even play a bit on the right nominally since Reece James' crossing and passing are so good they probably will want him higher up the pitch, like Liverpool do with TAA.

Ballist1x

51m release clause.... And we are looking at 40m+ for Dembele who doesnt have anywhere near as good record...

RoyH1

51m release clause.... And we are looking at 40m+ for Dembele who doesnt have anywhere near as good record...
At those prizes, it does seem to be a no brainer. However, In order to activate a release clause, one has to first make sure that the player does indeed want to come here. He's got a big chance to win the Bundesliga this season and coming over here to fight for a Europa League place might not be attractive for him at the moment.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Before I started watching the Bundesliga I thought he was just a pace merchant, but now I honestly believe he could be the best striker in the world. His movement off the ball and his instincts in the box are exceptional. The worst the rest of the PL can do is allow Liverpool to sign him. He's a top striker.

Ballist1x

Thanks. 43 million even with the add-ons seems a bit low compared to what I was expecting.
At those prizes, it does seem to be a no brainer. However, In order to activate a release clause, one has to first make sure that the player does indeed want to come here. He's got a big chance to win the Bundesliga this season and coming over here to fight for a Europa League place might not be attractive for him at the moment.
Well yeah he can be a runner up in Germany and have zero chance if winning the champions league every season or join Utd and try to win some silverware.

RoyH1

Well yeah he can be a runner up in Germany and have zero chance if winning the champions league every season or join Utd and try to win some silverware.
Right at this moment in time, RB Leipzig is a better football team than we are. He can win a league in May. We’re not winning anything this year. Once the transfer window opens in the summer, we might become interesting to him again, specially if we have a new manager.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Going by the local press over the past month or so, Werner is likely to be our priority target in the summer, as we feel Sancho and Havertz are just out of our price range.

Holters

Going by the local press over the past month or so, Werner is likely to be our priority target in the summer, as we feel Sancho and Havertz are just out of our price range.
Isn't it a bit of a weird signing for Liverpool that are using false 9s? Werner is a completely different striker than Firminho, but maybe that's why they want him...

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Isn't it a bit of a weird signing for Liverpool that are using false 9s? Werner is a completely different striker than Firminho, but maybe that's why they want him...
He could play the LW role that Mane plays fairly well also, it's more of a 4-1-2-1-2 diamond anyway when Firmino drops deeper.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I have a hard time seeing his role tbh. He can do a decent job out wide but I don't think he's a good enough dribbler for that to make the most of him.

Maybe the idea is to train him as a false nine. Not worth much with his back to goal, but then neither was Firmino when he joined. And he does have a good eye for a pass.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
anyone listening to Rapha Honigsteins podcast "steilcast"? This weeks episode spends a lot of time talking about Werner and the possibility of him being headed toward United..

darko

Money talks. He's a scoring machine. Exactly what this club needs.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
The few times I've seen him he didn't look all that, tonight included

bucky

anyone listening to Rapha Honigsteins podcast "steilcast"? This weeks episode spends a lot of time talking about Werner and the possibility of him being headed toward United..
When was the last time Honigstein called something right? Seems ages ago.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I could see Ole wanting to use him in the 3-5-2 that we currently employ also.

He's best as a lone striker though IMO, he's better running into space rather than in the box.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
He's a proper striker. Something we've lacked for far too long, it'll be very painful seeing him smashing them in for Liverpool every weekend.
To be fair perhaps every other weekend as he won't even get in the Liverpool team unless they have an injury or are rotating one or more of
mane....firminho....Salah

PedroMendez

Acolyte
He always plays in a partnership as far as I know and drifts far left to finish much like our forwards do.
most of the time and he is worse when playing alone. Germany doesn't have a top class central forward (or even a mediocre one) and he still gets shifted out the the left wing. I think he played primarily alone up top in his last season for Stuttgart and that wasn't impressive. Imo he is the prime example of a forward that needs to have a partner, that can play with his back towards the goal.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
most of the time and he is worse when playing alone. Germany doesn't have a top class central forward (or even a mediocre one) and he still gets shifted out the the left wing. I think he played primarily alone up top in his last season for Stuttgart and that wasn't impressive. Imo he is the prime example of a forward that needs to have a partner, that can play with his back towards the goal.
Even for leipzeig whenever I do watch them it's players like poulsen or another striker on the right who attempts to bring him in to play on the left hand side/central areas before he finishes rather than being a pure striker who can be a central striker by himself.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
He's the next Edinson Cavani.

Every time you watch him he's terrible but then when you don't he bags a hatful and you see his stats at the end of the year thinking when the feck did he score?

Okey

Proper prolific striker. Intelligent footballer. Good technical skills as well. I'd be all over this especially as he won't break the bank. And definitely better than Dembele (and Martial too). Get in Woody!

Mainoldo

Hopefully those that have had a chance to watch him can understand when I say he’s no better than Rashford and Martial.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Interesting post match interview yesterday:
"Jürgen Klopp is the best coach in the world, there's a lot pointing towards me and my style being a good fit there"