So, Tom Keane then. Set to replace ex "transfer chief" Matt Judge.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Mail:
The brother of Everton defender Michael Keane is set to join Manchester United next month to replace outgoing chief transfer negotiator Matt Judge.

Sportsmail understands solicitor Tom Keane, from legal firm Brandsmiths, is joining the Old Trafford club in a consultancy role from next month. He is expected to take on some of the responsibilities vacated by Judge, the club's director of transfer negotiations, who is leaving United this summer after handing in his resignation.

Keane will now play a significant role in negotiating transfers and contracts during what is expected to be a busy window for United following the appointment of Erik ten Hag as new head coach; with Frenkie de Jong and Pau Torres among the club's targets.

Brandsmiths website reads: "In sport, Tom has vast experience in the football industry where he has become a trusted advisor and representative for household name players, managers and pundits. His work for these clients includes negotiating high value transfers, contracts and endorsement agreements."

The Old Trafford reshuffle is being led by football director John Murtough, and Keane's expected arrival is the latest important appointment.

Tiber

I dont have strong feelings about who our lawyers are related to

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
i heard it’s so we can get the inside scoop on how a club like everton is so well run and how we can replicate that over the next few years.

choccy77

Sounds like it's just a temporary move for this window according to some media reports.

Hopefully means eventually we will get some stability going forward.

Mmm-Qatarian

Quite glad that this place appears to have remained sane. There were some people who were seemingly opposed to this just because he was Michael Keane's brother and they for some godforsaken reason assumed this meant he couldn't possibly have any experience in the field.

Tom Keane has worked as an agent and intermediary in football before so you'd expect him to have some grasp of how negotiations work in this context. On the outside it seems like a sensible enough hire to me.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
So I guess no business for the rest of the month until Thomas Keane gets his access card, e-mail accounts and parking permit sorted out at the start of July.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
In fairness, Tom Keane seems qualified for the role: Legal background, worked on negotiating deals before, family has history with the club. This club does a lot of questionable s-t but this move looks quite sensible.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
More nepotism eh @devilish
I can't really answer as I am getting infractions even if I dare breathing in here.

So I'd say this. Its pretty evident whether we're being well managed or not. There's nothing more for me to add.

Last edited:

choccy77

A lot of PR spin this morning in the media, about how fantastic Keane is.

No doubt United want to promote this a positive & proactive decision, given the initial reactions perhaps.

Blood Mage

Why was he not hired months ago? Why are we so unprepared for the most important transfer window in years?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
A lot of PR spin this morning in the media, about how fantastic Keane is.

No doubt United want to promote this a positive & proactive decision, given the initial reactions perhaps.
One more 'PR spin' :lol:

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Yeeey, he has Declan Rice's numbeeeer!!!
I tell you!
We are back baby!

Oh my days! Who thought it would be good to brief this line? :lol: I thought this s-t would be over and done with when Woodward left: He's got Declan Rice's number? FFS. :lol::lol::lol:

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I can't really answer as I am getting infractions even if I dare breathing in here.

So I'd say this. Its pretty evident whether we're being well managed or not. There's nothing more for me to add.
Reported

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Could the acquisition of Declan Rice's number be our only business of the transfer window?

Suedesi

Bringing in a temp next month to try and turn the corner on transfer dealings? All the while the rest of our rivals have been closing deals left and right?

Never change Man Utd!

Suedesi

Quite glad that this place appears to have remained sane. There were some people who were seemingly opposed to this just because he was Michael Keane's brother and they for some godforsaken reason assumed this meant he couldn't possibly have any experience in the field.

Tom Keane has worked as an agent and intermediary in football before so you'd expect him to have some grasp of how negotiations work in this context. On the outside it seems like a sensible enough hire to me.
Whatever - if he’s just a check the box lawyer, no need to even announce it. Corporations go through tens/hundreds of them a year.

If he’s filling an important role, why wasn’t he hired months ago? It wasn’t like Judge didn’t announce his departure back in April…

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Surely he’ll be prevented from sharing the number with the club under GDPR rules?
Yes, but he won't need to be prevented because it is completely made up. The last two Luckhurst articles I've seen linked on here have been riddled with errors including making up contract lengths that are wrong. How do people think a "journalist" who is incapable of using Google has access to random people's address books and claims to know the inner workings of ETH's brain? He makes it up.