So... Was it a red? (Casemiro / Hughes Royal Rumble)

Was it a red?

• Red

Votes: 409 33.5%
  • Yellow

Votes: 415 34.0%
  • No card

Votes: 270 22.1%
  • Not sure

Votes: 69 5.6%
  • Can you repeat the question?

Votes: 59 4.8%

• Total voters

Shimo

I don't disagree with that, but the rules are quite clear and also, physical clashes in open play are expected. Physical altercations when play is stopped are not tolerated.

I guess Schlupp was angry because Antony did a few tricks on the wing just before that.
With your own logic, since the ball had already gone out of play when Schlupp shoved Antony down into the boards, it should not be tolerated and also be a red. It certainly wasn't part of open play.

georgipep

With your own logic, since the ball had already gone out of play when Schlupp shoved Antony down into the boards, it should not be tolerated and also be a red. It certainly wasn't part of open play.
It 100% was part of open play. Read the rules, watch the game.

croadyman

I suppose the silver lining is Casemiro will be super fresh when we play Barca. Could be the difference maker, especially if he has something to prove…..
Yeah no love lost between Real & Barca,both him & Rapha will be extra motivated for this

roseguy64

Misheard him then.

Guys a miserable moron, who hasn't a fecking clue but just loves hating on Utd at every opportunity.Really needs to just get over that assist he gave in the FA cup.
I think you're wrong there about him hating on United. He's just miserable overall. He hates on all the teams.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Sadly i just freeze framed the video at certain points, and screenshotted them. Grabs the shirt with right hand, grabs with left hand and then as he’s brushed away you can still see him clearly gripping the shirt with his left hand.
Done anyway, meaningless, you’ve your mind made up.
You’re 100% correct. There’s better angles to see exactly what happened. He grabs the shirt and is stopping him going after Antony.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Surely the point at which that screen shot is taken is just at the time he has released his collar before pulling his hands away and holding them up in front of Hughes face?

You can make any case you want with a specially selected freeze frame.

I wonder why some are so anxious to paint an incriminating picture of our own player?
Baffling.
Ego

Oranges038

This is the other big issue with appealing, even if you believe 100% he only grabbed an opponent by the collar with two hands... do we think that's not a red and getting rescinded on appeal? I doubt it.
Just show them the few seconds of Ayew with his hand on Fred's throat. They should either rescind it or extend the same punishment to him

AndySmith1990

Just show them the few seconds of Ayew with his hand on Fred's throat. They should either rescind it or extend the same punishment to him
Makes no difference to us if they punish a Palace player. Unless we're 100% certain there's been a mistake and the red card will be rescinded we shouldn't appeal

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
He loves to strangle, he just can't help himself :)

Dion

Why don't you want Casemiro to play in the cup final?!

Dion

EtH thinks appealing is the wrong decision and we wouldn't have a chance.

JB7

Diplomatic; I think they are concerned if they appealed it the FA would increase the ban to 4 games as it was a decision given after VAR intervention.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss

Doesn’t mean he thinks it was the correct decision to send Cas off.
I guess we just have to go with Sabitzer and Fred VDB Leeds and Leicester and have Casemiro ready and raring to go vs Barca. May work in our favour.

TheReligion

Abusive
So a blatant foul on Antony, and the off the ball action of Schlupp shoving him down the embankment, has now resulted in us missing two players through injury and suspension.

Whilst Palace suffer nothing.

Sounds about right.

croadyman

So a blatant foul on Antony, and the off the ball action of Schlupp shoving him down the embankment, has now resulted in us missing two players through injury and suspension.

Whilst Palace suffer nothing.

Sounds about right.
Yeah surprised Erik was so certain we wouldn't win appeal,especially in light of many pundits thinking it was wrong decision

TheReligion

Abusive
Yeah surprised Erik was so certain we wouldn't win appeal,especially in light of many pundits thinking it was wrong decision
I think there’s a risk to it either way.

I don’t think it would have been deemed an unreasonable appeal under the circumstances so it would not have been extended.

That said given the Wednesday game was so close if we appealed Monday it’s likely Casemiro would have then been made available pending the outcome. I doubt the FA would have got back to us quickly.

If the original decision was upheld then the three games would have started from the Sunday match and therefore still ran into the cup final.

El Zoido

He’s saying the red card itself was not the right decision, which is why they considered appealing it. But also he knows they’d never win an appeal.

Bestietom

Yes it was a red. We should take the punishment and get on with it as it could be he gets an extra game and miss the final if we object. There should have been more bookings and maybe more sent off.

Loony BoB

Yes it was a red. We should take the punishment and get on with it as it could be he gets an extra game and miss the final if we object. There should have been more bookings and maybe more sent off.
Popped in to give my input and you typed it out for me! Thanks :)

Dion

He’s saying the red card itself was not the right decision, which is why they considered appealing it. But also he knows they’d never win an appeal.
No, if you watch the conference it's clear what he was saying. It just looks ambiguous in text form.