So, what next for Wenger?

Irrational.

Rumours this morning that he'll replace Kovac at Bayern this morning. They're holding a press conference in about 10 minutes that all their bigwigs will be attending.

trailertrash

Supports
Bayern Munich
I'm gonna jump off a balcony, when we(Bayern) appoint him. His job interviews with Arsenal vs Bayern have been abysmal, we've completely murdered them every time. I don't care about what he has achieved, however i wouldn't be surprised as Hoeness is making errors left and right.

I'll surprised if Bayern were to continue with Kovac. They're fairly brutal club when it comes to the footballing management side of things.
Though,personally I think they should stick with Kovac.

Borussin

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
So the Bayern thing was BS?
Of course! There was a press conference with Kovac first for the weekends game, it was always reported as such, it'd been bizarre even by Bayern standards to have a sacked coach do the press conference for the weekends game!

I'll surprised if Bayern were to continue with Kovac. They're fairly brutal club when it comes to the footballing management side of things.
Though,personally I think they should stick with Kovac.
They are brutal, but not so brutal as to oust him at this point. I always got the feeling Kovac would be a fall guy in a season of change for Bayern, and nothing has made me change my mind on that. Not saying they won't turn it aroind - the chances are very strong that they will start that turnaround this weekend! But they will go big in the next transfer window, and I would be a bit surprised if they ever turned to Wenger. IF they don't stick with Kovac, they will start their new era with new players and a new coach, not a man who is in his late 60's. It's not the same as getting Heynckes back last season, he's a Bayern legend.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'm gonna jump off a balcony, when we(Bayern) appoint him. His job interviews with Arsenal vs Bayern have been abysmal, we've completely murdered them every time. I don't care about what he has achieved, however i wouldn't be surprised as Hoeness is making errors left and right.
Would be glorious if it happened and Bayern under Wenger beat Arsenal 5-1 again :D

JSArsenal

I miss him at Arsenal :(

Wish him nothing but success wherever he goes. The greatest and most successful manager Arsenal will ever have. Imagine what he could have achieved if he didn't have to go up against the greatest manager in Premier League history or was handicapped by the stadium move.

Kapardin

Rumours this morning that he'll replace Kovac at Bayern this morning. They're holding a press conference in about 10 minutes that all their bigwigs will be attending.
Imagine if Arsenal qualify for the CL only to draw and be knocked out by Wenger's Bayern next season.:D

Cloud7

With the way United, Real and Bayern have been going, Wenger could be going into January a man in demand :lol:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
About to replace Gattuso at Milan apparently?

Would be interesting to see if he can get them out of their slump.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
What are the odds of him replacing Mourinho?

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
About to replace Gattuso at Milan apparently?

Would be interesting to see if he can get them out of their slump.
Isn't Gattuso 4th at the moment? They are not playing fantastic, but at the moment that is the probably the best possible place for them.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Isn't Gattuso 4th at the moment? They are not playing fantastic, but at the moment that is the probably the best possible place for them.
Wenger seems the perfect man to maintain 4th spot to be fair.

HJ12

Kovac not gonna last at Bayern. It's between Bayern and Madrid for me.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
I thought Real might look at him as a stop gap until the end of the season.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
The man is over 70 and has spent most of the last 12 years working in a pressure free environment. No big club will go for him at this point

JMack1234

AC Milan would be a very weird job. He's just going to go and work for the guy who finally got rid of him at Arsenal and get smashed to pieces by Juventus?

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Kovac not gonna last at Bayern. It's between Bayern and Madrid for me.
Wenger wouldn't go to Bayern with Hoeneß in management.
Wenger isn't a puppet.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Surprised at the timing as Meelan are finally getting consistancy that's been lacking last few years. Gattuso isn't looking too bad although guess board unhappy with losing to Inter a few weeks back. They have won two Seria A games since though.

Early prediction, he'll beat Arsenal in semi finals of europa league.....before losing to Spurs/Chelsea in the final. :lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Btw this wenger-to-milan news appears to be bs. Nobody's talking about it here in Italy

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
According to La Parisien, Antero Henrique doesn't have long left as PSG's sporting director, & both PSG/Tuchel want Wenger to take the job.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
So, what do we think of Wenger the pundit?

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
From the videos I watched it seemed like he did a fantastic job. I think he did a lot of punditry for French TV for major international tournaments.

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
I hope he doesn’t waste away as a pundit the man is simply too intelligent and classy to be doing the same job as Jamie Redknapp. If he can’t get a good club or national level job he should become president of fifa or so.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
I hope he doesn’t waste away as a pundit the man is simply too intelligent and classy to be doing the same job as Jamie Redknapp. If he can’t get a good club or national level job he should become president of fifa or so.
To quote my post from earlier.

According to La Parisien, Antero Henrique doesn't have long left as PSG's sporting director, & both PSG/Tuchel want Wenger to take the job.
But yeah, I've said since the start that I'd love to see him at FIFA/UEFA, as his knowledge is right up there, and his love for the game is apparent for all to see... Which is why I think he probably wouldn't be able to work at such a corrupt organization, sadly.

I'd trust Wenger at the helm of UEFA/FIFA a hell of a lot moreso than Blatter or any of the other crooks in recent times.

Loon

:lol:
Makes me laugh when he talks about five in midfield dominating when Ferguson did exactly that to him, year in, year out.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Can see him being in charge of one of the African nations at 2022 World cup.

Clearly there hasn't been a deluge of decent club offers for him anyway.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
So he can make a full time job of almost signing all the exciting talent? :wenger:

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool

PSG still looking likely, but Henrique needs to bugger off.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Interesting USA approached him. Think if NT approaches him a year before WC starts they'll get more success.