So what striker are we buying in January?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mwooyo

This Kudos lad for Ghana looks decent, playing in midfield but should be up front.
Yes Mohammed Kudos is going to be a star. Plays for ajax, scored against Liverpool...surely we can go back to ajax and buy a few more players

Boondog

Why/Where do people think the money is coming from for a new striker? We spent the budget on Antony!

We have Martial, Rashford, Sancho, Antony, Garnacho and Elanga, plus we have Diallo to come back next season too.
Loans of course. It's the Glazers. They'll probably greenlight at least a striker now under orders of whoever is in the driver's seat with bids. If we're lucky we'll get some depth pieces too.

Hughie77

Reports in Spain say Atletico are happy to loan Felix out as no one has come in to buy so Felix coming in on loan for 6 months now Ronaldo is gone just makes perfect sense tactically and financially, go big in the summer for someone else if the Felix loan doesn’t work as well as hoped.
I'd go for a loan player as well, if its Felix all well and good, it would probably be with option to buy and that could be an issue with price it could be high. I think a striker was on for the summer but things change quickly.

Andersons Dietician

If the Glazers really are selling and a sale is anywhere near close I really can’t see why they would buy a striker or anyone in January. Loan moves maybe. Only way I see them buying is if a sale isn’t close and champions league qualification helps with sale value. Even then no guarantee you can get the right striker and that they hit the ground running.

With the emergence of Garnacho, kind of frees up the need for Rashford on the left so gives you options of Rashford or Martial central then Antony, Sancho, Garnacho and Elanga from the wings. DVB and Bruno can do a job if necessary plus pretty sure Garnacho can play through the middle.

Boondog

Tooney for me, assuming hes not banned for illegal betting on games.
There is zero chance of him being a target with them trying to sell the team for max return. No way that happens.

Gakpo helps us but I don't know that he's a long term piece for ten Hag. So to me he feels like the "hey they were after this guy before so he must be the main target" option. I'd certainly welcome him, but there are some others I'd rather have who feel like they would be key building blocks for the future.

croadyman

There is zero chance of him being a target with them trying to sell the team for max return. No way that happens.

Gakpo helps us but I don't know that he's a long term piece for ten Hag. So to me he feels like the "hey they were after this guy before so he must be the main target" option. I'd certainly welcome him, but there are some others I'd rather have who feel like they would be key building blocks for the future.
Which targets are these just out of interest

Boondog

Which targets are these just out of interest
Felix for example. Who is leaving his team now in the January window. He is not as physically dominant as Gakpo but has skills that are felt more often, from his linkup ability to exceptional passes.

Add him and he feels to me like a long-term United player who will get better and better under EtH. Then go after Sesko hard in the summer. Another player who would stick here I think, as a January transfer (and better impact offensively in the box) is Lautaro Martinez. United was in discussions for Felix before, rumored at least, and have been rumored recently to be in discussion with Martinez's reps.

Value of Gakpo of course is he is cheap comparatively. But that is my point, to add someone who helps us now plus will be a key long-term piece to build from.

croadyman

Felix for example. Who is leaving his team now in the January window. He is not as physically dominant as Gakpo but has skills that are felt more often, from his linkup ability to exceptional passes.

Add him and he feels to me like a long-term United player who will get better and better under EtH. Then go after Sesko hard in the summer. Another player who would stick here I think, as a January transfer (and better impact offensively in the box) is Lautaro Martinez. United was in discussions for Felix before, rumored at least, and have been rumored recently to be in discussion with Martinez's reps.

Value of Gakpo of course is he is cheap comparatively. But that is my point, to add someone who helps us now plus will be a key long-term piece to build from.
Yeah Martinez looks only striker that might be available in January,which do you feel fits us best out of

Martinez
Sesko
Gakpo
Felix

Let's face it ideally we need one of the top two and one of the bottom two as different sort of forward. My gut feeling is that isn't going to happen much as we need it.

Boondog

Yeah Martinez looks only striker that might be available in January,which do you feel fits us best out of

Martinez
Sesko
Gakpo
Felix

Let's face it ideally we need one of the top two and one of the bottom two as different sort of forward. My gut feeling is that isn't going to happen much as we need it.
If I had to prioritize them yeah I think Martinez helps us most to get top four. And fits long term so he'd be real nice.

Sesko is all about the upside. He is potentially a beast. Gakpo is probably more helpful for this season but long term probably not.

Felix feels like the guy who gives you flexible quality and EtH would make great use of him. But yes I don't think he's as good in the box as the others.

Todd

Why/Where do people think the money is coming from for a new striker? We spent the budget on Antony!

We have Martial, Rashford, Sancho, Antony, Garnacho and Elanga, plus we have Diallo to come back next season too.
Yep, we've had all this lot for the entire season, and how's it going for us in terms of scoring?

It's blatantly obvious we don't have enough goals in this squad and need a true goalscorer. If we don't get one in January we won't finish top 4, and the thought of yet another season out of CL is just gross.

The club have plenty of money, let's not pretend money is an issue.

I'd love to see us break the bank for Kane but that probably won't happen. Lautaro would be ideal, realistically.

Someone

Something
A loan or a cheap option. Really don't see us spending big in Jan after spending big in the summer, and the fact that the club will be sold.

Felix on loan would be great, but it'll probably be someone like Depay.

croadyman

A loan or a cheap option. Really don't see us spending big in Jan after spending big in the summer, and the fact that the club will be sold.

Felix on loan would be great, but it'll probably be someone like Depay.
Yeah Felix on loan is best we can get

BlueHaze

If Glazer's are reportedly contemplating a sale why would they invest a dime in January?

wangyu

We will panic sign someone for a couple of months like we did with Henrik Larsson back in the day.

TheRedHearted

How would the team line up for you with Sesko and Felix?

Martinez
Sesko
Gakpo
Felix

Where’s the proof Martinez would leave in January?
Would be awesome if we chose one of both for sure.
If Glazer's are reportedly contemplating a sale why would they invest a dime in January?
Because a United that makes top four is better looking and worth more than one who isn’t.
Also United with a striker is worth way more than without one.

Tragically Hip

I think the Jonathan David rumours can die now. Signed, Canadian fan at the World Cup.

dinostar77

Reports in Spain say Atletico are happy to loan Felix out as no one has come in to buy so Felix coming in on loan for 6 months now Ronaldo is gone just makes perfect sense tactically and financially, go big in the summer for someone else if the Felix loan doesn’t work as well as hoped.
A loan would seem the safe approach. Some players thrive under the spotlight at OT and others shrink. Would be good to see which felix is. Sometimes its about getting a player in who raises the levels of those around him. Cant ever tell if a player has that capacity in him at Utd until he plays for us.

dinostar77

United are interested in Pulisic on loan apparently
Wouldnt that add more credence to the idea that ETH sees Rashford as a no9? Gapko and Pulisic both best off the left wing.

Also if either pulisic or gapko came, where does that leave Sancho in the pecking order and his long term future?

Anders Agnalt

I'm sure the table position matters because the Club is for sale! The Glazers could be more persuaded to spend good money on a striker at this point. Gapko and Fekix on loan with an buy option.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Why is this in the United forum when the transfer forum already has several threads discussing forward options? Stop spamming us folks

Status
Not open for further replies.