Soccer Saturday sack Thompson, Nicholas and Le Tissier

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
This thread is great for identifying who is and who isn’t a total wassock.
Some are straight from the Twitter comments.

For the record Scott Minto was sacked too. Not sure why TBH. He's the only one as far as I know who bothered to study journalism and earned a degree. He's also fluent in Spanish. Most of the pundits can't even speak English well enough

Inigo Montoya

I just despair. I feel for Ian Wright having to plead for the racist comments to stop

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Making diversity hires for the sake of it isn't good for a business.

I don't want women talking about men's sport's. Keep women for womens sports please because I have no interest in women's sport's no matter how much Sky want to shove it down my throat.
In the spirit of "post, not poster"

What a fecking cnut this post is.

Feed Me

I'm hungry

I don't want women talking about men's sport's. Keep women for womens sports please because I have no interest in women's sport's no matter how much Sky want to shove it down my throat.
:lol:

Tit(tish post)

DBT85

a) it woudn't be for the sake of it and it certainly won't be to the detriment of the show
b) you do realise that women have the vote and drive cars and everything now, right? Sometimes they even get treated as equals.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
a) it woudn't be for the sake of it and it certainly won't be to the detriment of the show
b) you do realise that women have the vote and drive cars and everything now, right? Sometimes they even get treated as equals.
Bet that has come as a bit of a shock to him.

Inigo Montoya

no doubt with a female partner, taking turns on cue. Zero expertise and pure tokenism.

thre won’t be any real discussion - pure sound bites and tv version of click bait
So it's pure tokenism if it's a woman?
So old white people arent a part of diverse society? Or are you offended that they have obtained and held a job they’re not very good at?
I‘d rather watch a show where the people employed on their ability to do the job, I care not what their age nor ethnic group they belong to. I find it bizarre that there’s a need to fit in quotas to show diversity, or that people are slated for their age and/ or ethnicity as being why they’re not good at a job!
I hope sky go out and get the best people available to them, if they’re black, white, Asian or whatever, as long as they’re better than the people they’ve chosen not to renew. I really hope they don’t get token people to fit into the ‘diversity’ quotas.
What's your definition of token people?

You really shouldn't be on this forum them. Some of the best posters are women @DomesticTadpole ;)

LVGSdive

In the spirit of "post, not poster"

What a fecking cnut this post is.
I take it that you disagree then. To each there own. We don't have to have the same opinion. As the phrase goes go woke go broke so I'm not the only one, even if I'm probably one of the only one's on here that admit it.

LVGSdive

I'm treating them equally.

Men commentate on men's football, men are in the studio's for men's football analysing the game's.

Women commentate on women's football, women are in the studio's for women's football analysing the games.

What isn't equal about this?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

Men commentate on men's football, men are in the studio's for men's football analysing the game's.

Women commentate on women's football, women are in the studio's for women's football analysing the games.

What exactly makes a man be in a better position/ more knowledgeable to comment on a game of mens football then a woman?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Don't male/female commentators commentate on both Men and Womens tennis? Has it ever been an issue there with someone saying they don't like Sue Barker talking about Federer v Nadal or something

LVGSdive

What exactly makes a man be in a better position/ more knowledgeable to comment on a game of mens football then a woman?
Men are better at football on the pitch and men are better coaches and managers off the pitch.

The women's World Cup winners lost to an under 15's boys team.

I want to watch a superior product and I want to hear what the world's best players have to say.

I'll extend an olive branch. If women's football overtakes men's football I don't want to hear or see any men on the broadcast. I want to hear from the superior female players, coaches and managers.

Go on give me a warning for this...

You tit - what an ignorant post.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Men are better at football on the pitch and men are better coaches and managers off the pitch.

I want to watch a superior product and I want to hear what the world's best players have to say.

I'll extend an olive branch. If women's football overtakes men's football I don't want to hear or see any men on the broadcast. I want to hear from the superior female players, coaches and managers.
It's not the world's best players talking though. It's the likes of Robbie Savage, Paul Merson and Micah Richards.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

So you don't want to hear experts / journalists talk about football? Or pundits? Only ex-pros... Because they know more?

Last edited:

Inigo Montoya

So the success of women in any field can only be defined by male success.

I look forward to the time you give birth because until then I really can't take you seriously

DBT85

The difference in physicality between men and women biologically is in no way an indicator of capacity to analyse, educate, explain and inform viewers. Men will beat women in basically any physical sport, that means nothing when it comes to talking about that sport.

This is if they even decide to get a woman on the show. Heaven forfend.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Why would somebody announce that to the world. Goodness knows what the Sky operator thought. Probably good riddance.
The idiot even outed himself as having a Sky subscription but not a TV Licence.

If that IS a human and not a bot, then Jesus Christ I hope his details have been passed to the local authority.

ForeverRed1

yawn

Jam

Casual racism and misogyny aside.

I wonder if they’re going to stay with an “entertaining” cast and tone or if they’re trying to course correct to a more serious punditry format for Soccer Saturday.

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea

I think it's great you can even get solid internet in caves these days.

padzilla

Hipster
I wonder how long it will be before these lads join Keys and Gray on the old boys' club that is Bein Sports?

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Alright make the new panel

Evra
roy keane
de gea
Micah Richards
Souness
Pogba

Thats what i call entertainment...