Social Media Justice: A "Karen" faces consequences for threatening a Black man with cops

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
:lol:
Every generation has to cope with getting stick from people the same age as their parents. I’m generation X, allegedly born slackers. They even made a movie about how all we do is smoke weed and talk about ourselves.

Ironically, the boomers that millennials (and whatever the next lot are called - gen Z?) love to pour scorn on lived through one of the fiercest battles to push back against unfair stereotyping from the previous generation.
Yup, It's how it works, every generation just shits on the next. I was just replying to the 'where does the boomer hate come from'. It's obvious and nothing out of the norm. Plus they stole all the houses and I live in a caravan so feck em

Pogue you're a very bright bloke, don't make me sit here and explain irony to you.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
:lol:

Yup, It's how it works, every generation just shits on the next. I was just replying to the 'where does the boomer hate come from'. It's obvious and nothing out of the norm. Plus they stole all the houses and I live in a caravan so feck em

Pogue you're a very bright bloke, don't make me sit here and explain irony to you.
It’s just that I don’t remember shitting upwards being a thing in the past. Gen X’ers like me barely even thought about the previous generation, never mind sneering at them the way we see now. Boomers maybe called them “squares” and thought of them as uptight? I dunno. Before my time! It probably is the houses/caravan thing but that’s a systemic issue, so it seems harsh when the resentment is aimed at individuals.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Read the responses, the old neighbour also confirms she's a crazy meth head.

But the girl who posted it is white (well that's how she looks on her twitter pic). Were the other black/brown people there? Was she just saying the n-word just to say it? Were they actually moving in a 3am? I don't trust the meth head.

America is a weird place.

Edit: I watched again, I assume she's being racist towards her "man"

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
TBH Im not really a fan of filming every bitch out there and have them crucified on the social media. In the case of Amy Cooper it was somewhat relevant, but in some other cases with the first woman above throwing a strop about wearing a mask, I don't really think it should be out there.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
TBH Im not really a fan of filming every bitch out there and have them crucified on the social media. In the case of Amy Cooper it was somewhat relevant, but in some other cases with the first woman above throwing a strop about wearing a mask, I don't really think it should be out there.
I don't know, maybe if it happens enough people will learn that these outbursts are not acceptable.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Yea i agree. If someone was having a psychiatric breakdown and took off all their clothes and someone filmed it, the person who filmed it would be in trouble.

In Ireland a bipolar woman committed suicide because of this and it was a police man who shared the video with everyone. He was lucky to keep his job.

Gehrman

Yea i agree. If someone was having a psychiatric breakdown and took off all their clothes and someone filmed it, the person who filmed it would be in trouble.

In Ireland a bipolar woman committed suicide because of this and it was a police man who shared the video with everyone. He was lucky to keep his job.
I agree. I have done some pretty fecking stupid things(not racist as far as I know) while being so drunk I had no self control or idea what I was doing and I'm glad that stuff wasnt caught on camera and spread across the social media.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I agree. I have done some pretty fecking stupid things(not racist as far as I know) while being so drunk I had no self control or idea what I was doing and I'm glad that stuff wasnt caught on camera and spread across the social media.
Karen's know what they're doing, this is how they act sober. Except that meth head a few posts back.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
The weaponising of police and using them as a threat on people in America is truly something extraordinary. I don't think that is prevalent in the UK, cos you'd get done for wasting police time.

I don't understand how it's such a go-to in America and there's no laws to prevent it being an assist for anyone white with an axe to grind.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
The fear :lol: :lol: . I have not been pissed drunk in about 12 years or thereabouts because the last time i was, i woke up the next morning thinking what have i done. I was worrying like feck, scouring google to see if i had gone viral or something.

However i still know guys, who are in their thirties getting pissed drunk every saturday night. One is just asking for a baskin in that case. They could easily do something they regret.

Gehrman

Karen's know what they're doing, this is how they act sober. Except that meth head a few posts back.
Well the point is that some women in the videos being shared here do not live up to the definition of Karens and do not necessarily deserve to be crucified by thousands or millions on the social media.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
What people have to begin to understand is that everyone is a journalist in todays world. They work for twitter or facebook or reddit etc.

You just have to be so careful.

hobbers

You can pretty much split these Karen videos into 3 categories.

Drug addicts.
Middle class bitches being bitches (Usually not racist, just entitled. Prone to having break downs whenever someone starts filming them.)
Racist people who maybe do deserve the spotlight.

And the third group has so far been tiny compared to the other two.

Gehrman

The fear :lol: :lol: . I have not been pissed drunk in about 12 years or thereabouts because the last time i was, i woke up the next morning thinking what have i done. I was worrying like feck, scouring google to see if i had gone viral or something.

However i still know guys, who are in their thirties getting pissed drunk every saturday night. One is just asking for a baskin in that case. They could easily do something they regret.
I think about 4 years ago after a night of extremely heavy drinking and several large doses of MDMA I woke up in some random house having no idea what it was. It was under reconstruction. After a while I dawned on me it was was my home from 8 years ago, long since bought by someone else and being reconscructed. I went down to the seediest bar in the city where I had been the night before because I had lost my coat there and the manager and bartender told me "Jesus, Alex! You were fecked up last night" and I just had vague flashbacks of lots of people telling me to feck off.

entropy

What people have to begin to understand is that everyone is a journalist in todays world. They work for twitter or facebook or reddit etc.

Why do I have to be careful? when cops pull the same shit and lockup people with little or no evidence.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I think about 4 years ago after a night of extremely heavy drinking and several large doses of MDMA I woke up in some random house having no idea what it was. It was under reconstruction. After a while I dawned on me it was was my home from 8 years ago, long since bought by someone else and being reconscructed. I went down to the seediest bar in the city where I had been the night before because I had lost my coat there and the manager and bartender told me "Jesus, Alex! You were fecked up last night" and I just had vague flashbacks of lots of people telling me to feck off.
:lol: :lol:

Id say everyone has some story to tell.

Around 2005/2006 i remember getting drinking a bottle of vodka and two two litre bottles of cider. I woke up the next morning in bed. Turns out my house mates had came home and found me on the floor beside a pool of vomit. They thought i was dead :lol:. Anyhow they they put me into bed when they ascertained i was just stone cold hammered.

I remember as well about nine or ten years ago a friend got hammered and fell asleep on the sofa sitting up. Everyone then was taking pictures of him and putting them on social media.

I remember a lad telling once as well that he was passed out hammered and his mates heated up a mars and put it down the back of his pants. He woke up the next morning and thought he had shit himself.

Its very dangerous as well to fall asleep drunk because if you vomit, you can choke to death. You always have to put people who are knocked out face down sleeping.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Around 2005/2006 i remember getting drinking a bottle of vodka and two two litre bottles of cider. I woke up the next morning in bed. Turns out my house mates had came home and found me on the floor beside a pool of vomit. They thought i was dead :lol:. Anyhow they they put me into bed when they ascertained i was just stone cold hammered.

I remember as well about nine or ten years ago a friend got hammered and fell asleep on the sofa sitting up. Everyone then was taking pictures of him and putting them on social media.

I remember a lad telling once as well that he was passed out hammered and his mates heated up a mars and put it down the back of his pants. He woke up the next morning and thought he had shit himself.

Its very dangerous as well to fall asleep drunk because if you vomit, you can choke to death. You always have to put people who are knocked out face down sleeping.
Please don’t do that! They need to be on their side. Google “recovery position “.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

Never heard of the candy bar trick before. What a way to wake up, especially hungover.

Dante

Average bang

Please don't do that! They need to use something with nuts. Google "Snickers".

Ibi Dreams

No you don't. Just act like a normal, decent person and you have nothing to worry about

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Not sure where to post this, but someone is threatening to cancel me.

As some may know I work in recruitment (yes go on, egg me). I'm currently recruiting people for an EU space program which is EU eyes only meaning only EU Citizens can get the proper clearance. I informed an Iranian guy that he cannot be selected, since he's not from the EU. He is now calling me a racist and is threatening to go public. I informed him that it may seem unfair, but that it's not really up to me, but to no avail.

I mean, I get it, it's unfair, but come on now.

MadMike

Not sure where to post this, but someone is threatening to cancel me.

As some may know I work in recruitment (yes go on, egg me). I'm currently recruiting people for an EU space program which is EU eyes only meaning only EU Citizens can get the proper clearance. I informed an Iranian guy that he cannot be selected, since he's not from the EU. He is now calling me a racist and is threatening to go public. I informed him that it may seem unfair, but that it's not really up to me, but to no avail.

I mean, I get it, it's unfair, but come on now.
That's not even unfair. Since when do government research programmes have to be open to foreign citizens? They guy is just a regular, run-of-the-mill idiot.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
That's not even unfair. Since when do government research programmes have to be open to foreign citizens? They guy is just a regular, run-of-the-mill idiot.
It is of course not unfair in that it's actually the law that these people can't get EU-clearance, but it might seem unfair to him. The same goes for ITAR restrictions where even the country you were born might impede you from working on something. It's also quite annoying, since there's alot of great engineers in the middle east who will never get a job in the space sector here, because they were born in Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan etc.

Anyway, I called him up and explained the situation and he said ah okay I get it, thank you for responding you're amazing, you should join a Man United forum, you would be a great poster etc.

AFC NimbleThumb

What is actually wrong with people; maybe it’s because I’m an introvert but I despise interacting with people I genuinely don’t have to - why can’t people leave others alone.

This is really disturbing and scary

Her attempt to incite a lynching. Out here giving Sons of Anarchy a bad name.
I love people who drop the ‘n word’ to try to get people to act violently.

“I get paid by the government”, no you GOT paid by the government.

What a horrible feeling to be moving into your new home & automatically have a distrust of your neighbour cause they’re racist.
:lol: Someone get these ladies some milk.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I don't know, maybe if it happens enough people will learn that these outbursts are not acceptable.
The people that have these public freakouts are not seemingly capable of that rational thought process.

AFC NimbleThumb

It’s near impossible to know how these people will react; it can go full Amy Cooper at any point & given people’s inability to recognise this problem unless caught on camera it’s fully understandable why people are recording almost immediately.

You get the lighter throwing a strop Karen but you also get the above where a woman tries to get a man with his family lynched & a neighbour yelling the ‘n word’ because she’s not getting what she wants - these people need to be recorded & shamed.

Gehrman

It’s near impossible to know how these people will react; it can go full Amy Cooper at any point & given people’s inability to recognise this problem unless caught on camera it’s fully understandable why people are recording almost immediately.

You get the lighter throwing a strop Karen but you also get the above where a woman tries to get a man with his family lynched & a neighbour yelling the ‘n word’ because she’s not getting what she wants - these people need to be recorded & shamed.
One thing is filming it, another thing is sharing it with the whole world. In the case of Amy cooper I think it was justified, in some other cases here I don't think so.

AFC NimbleThumb

One thing is filming it, another thing is sharing it with the whole world. In the case of Amy cooper I think it was justified, in some other cases here I don't think so.
In fairness the 12 second snippet we see in the one posted on this page likely isn’t a fair representation of the whole conversation. I’m risk averse though, so if I walked into Sainsbury’s & an employee started recording me because I wasn’t following the rules set to shop there I’d leave instead of giving them something to film.

Amy Cooper shouldn’t be used as the yard stick though as she was attempting to weaponise the NYPD to potentially kill a man.

A number of these Karen videos show, as can be seen above on this page, racial profiling, racial language or people acting with a ridiculous sense of entitlement.

The woman throwing the food on the floor really infuriates me & she deserves to be paraded - having worked in retail when younger you’re the one left to clear up because somebody can’t act appropriately when questioned, there’s no excuse for that behaviour.

The issue isn’t the video being posted, people aren’t as moved to action by those shopping videos as they were Amy Coopers for example but overall don’t act like an idiot & generally you won’t be filmed.

AFC NimbleThumb

I'd give this a 9/10 on the Karen scale

People take insult to something then draw straight for the, “Why don’t you go back to where you came from”. It’s obviously bubbling under the surface; I wonder how many people are a confrontation away from their racist moment.